PDA

View Full Version : anxiety is getting me down

happyme
01-01-08, 20:51
Hello my name is lou, i have had panic attacks for about 10 years now and sometimes i can push them away with powerful thoughts others like today just linger on. i have just watched eastenders and Kevin wicks dieing like that has maded my breathing go funny as i have already felt anxious most of today with starting a whole new year makes me feel funny of the what if that can happen over the next 12 months i am driving myself mad????:weep:

sherdac
01-01-08, 20:56
hi, same here. i am anxious all the time and it really pees me off. its like i am in one long panic attack. watching estenders was the same for me. a bit too much. i can't watch anything to do with dying ( brought back memories when my pop died, which is why i got anxiety in the first place) or health programmes. i get into a state.

trac67
01-01-08, 21:09
Hi Lou,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxxx

nomorepanic
01-01-08, 21:42
Hi Lou

I just wanted to :welcome: you aboard and lovely to see you here.

Have a good read of the website pages on the left as well for loads of tips and advice.

Hope we can be of some help.

doglover
01-01-08, 22:36
Hi,
I've been on the verge of a panic attack all day, being ill with some horrible flu type thing isn't helping. I watched Eastenders too and found it really hard, it would never have effected me before the panic attacks. I'm new here too. Hope it helps you
Donna :winks:

sandbanks
01-01-08, 22:57
hi

eastenders, well sad, started taking quiet life yesterday, and felt really good all day and evening, and even woke up this morning with no doom and gloom felt good but kept thinking, i felt so normal, it was strange in a way, not use to getting through a day without thinging about breathing, making sure im not over breathing, or muscles clenched, so it felt strange, to be normal, sad i know, any way well happy all day, then eastenders, feel crap now really sad, had a cry, put all bad thoughts in my head, i lost my mum christmas eve 2004, brought all that up again. so to take my mind off it all, thought i would come on line to get my head straight again, and it has, so thanks guy, we all feel the same, it just means we have a heart, there is nothing wrong with that, not like my missy old man, thought it was a load of rubbish and pulled a face at me for having a tear ,well i think his the sad one not me, lol

chin up guy, we are strong, the more you say it ,the stronger we will get.
mind u poor kevin.

sandy

CarlNottm
01-01-08, 23:03
Hi and welcome Lou im sure you will find great advice from all the fabulous people on here.

I was going to post about the exact same thing (Kevin dying in Eastenders). I now seem to feel everyones emotion be it good or bad at the moment on TV in the papers, friends family everyone. Its a nightmare. As always though its such a comfort to know I am not alone in this.

C

:)

Piglet
01-01-08, 23:32
Yep I didn't find Eastenders a barrel of laughs either - mind you 'Jam and Jerusulam' made up for it big time!!

Love Piglet :flowers:

chalky
02-01-08, 00:28
Hi Lou,

Welcome to NMP.

Eastenders is fiction masquerading as fact.
When you are feeling low,your brain is more receptive to the negative thoughts and images you watch.
Eastenders does not define your destiny.
You are not mad.You are someone who is positively trying to address problems.
Keep up the good work and you will succeed.
Best wishes,
Chalky

manmoor
02-01-08, 11:13
Hi Lou,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

kellie
02-01-08, 11:22
hi there welcome to the site i hope it helps you as much as it has helped me. you will make lots of new friends here who are realy helpful. take care and a happy new year to you.

kellie

Lindalou64
02-01-08, 13:49
HELLO LOU AND WELCOME TO THE SITE WISH YOU WELL.......LINDA

happyme
02-01-08, 19:50
Thank you everyone for your replys, it feels good to know that the things which set of my panic attacks also happen to other people.

I know Eastenders is not real but it still makes my breathing go really shallow and i just have thoughts which is hard to justify when you are trying to watch a good soap.

I just think they prolonged the whole thing with Kevin to much information made me start thing about me and then my family not good:lac:

Anyway still manage to go to work to day so at least it never upset my whole week as when i watch or read thing like this it can really send me in to a negetive spin which can make me so nervous i just wont to shut down as there is no exsape from the thoughts of my breathing which i always check and dying which i find a difficult topic to discuss

Once again thank you and a happy no panic year to us all :yesyes:

groovygranny
02-01-08, 20:45
Hello Lou,

As has been said previously - Eastenders (and similar) is fiction. Some of the situations may be identifiable as things which happen in reality but remember these programmes are made to entertain (if that's the correct adjective!) no matter what the content.

Maybe you could give it a miss for a while until you feel a little better and more able to cope with watching it without allowing it to plant these thoughts in your mind?

Anyway, glad you joined us here - you'll find plenty of help and support.

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Nibbles
03-01-08, 12:20
Hi Lou and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Eastenders really touched me too and that's quite unusual for me so you're definitely not going mad. :hugs:

Take care,

Mike :)

kate
05-01-08, 08:42
Welcome, Lou :D

Kate