PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, newbie here

bex.d
01-01-08, 21:33
Hi all, i found this site a few weeks ago but only just felt brave enough to post a thread! Let me introduce myself i'm 28, married to a fantastic man we have a 4 year old daughter and another on the way in April! I have suffered with health anxiety and depression for the last few years on and off, i was on prozac but gp advised me to come off them when i found out i was pregnant as i was coping quite well, but for the last few months i have had the same horrible feelings and thoughts creeping back in and now i dont feel like i'm coping very well at all, my main concern is pains in my chest which I'm sure are signs there is something wrong with my heart, I know this is a symptom of anxiety which my gp has said it could be or indigestion as i'm 6 months pregnant but i cant get it out of my head and its so consuming, I'm petrified of giving birth as i feel im going to die because my hearts not strong enough to cop, i even have pictures in my head of my husband and little girl and our baby at my funeral and its driving me insane! In some of my calmer moments i can see its my mind playing tricks on me and i am healthy and i should be looking forward to having a new baby but i can never seem to get these thoughts to stick! sooo sorry for rambling on but even thiugh my husband is a great listener he doesn't understand truly what it is like! Thanks for listening.:wacko:

trac67
01-01-08, 21:35
Hi Bex,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

nomorepanic
01-01-08, 21:39
Hi Bex

Welcome aboard.

Have a good read of the website pages on the left for loads of support and advice and you will realise that you aren't alone and a lot of this is anxiety.

bex.d
01-01-08, 22:02
Thankyou i've just had a quick look and its just nice to know i'm not on my own.

Nibbles
01-01-08, 22:19
Hi Bex and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

chalky
02-01-08, 00:49
Hi Bex,

Welcome to NMP.
:yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs:

I can assure you that you will get loads of support and advice here.
Believe in yourself and your ability to cope with this!!
Best wishes,
Chalky

manmoor
02-01-08, 11:14
Hi Bex,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Lindalou64
02-01-08, 13:52
HELLO BEX AND WELCOME TO THE SITE I WISH YOU WELL.......LINDA

groovygranny
04-01-08, 23:05
Hello bex:welcome:to you!

Congratulations on the forthcoming happy event - but sorry you're having such a difficult time. I know how much those kind of thoughts can tie you up in knots sometimes:hugs:

Still, glad you don't feel alone now - and yes it does help to have a supportive partner doesn't it?

Anyway. glad you found us - pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

kate
05-01-08, 08:38
Welcome, Bex :D

Kate