PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Neenz
26-02-05, 21:22
I just wanted to say hello to everyone on this forum which I am so glad I have found tonight.

I am going through hell at the moment with a particularly stong on-slaught of panic attacks and I am also suffering from the "lump in the throat" thing and it is driving me nuts.

BUT in a funny kind of way it is so reassuring to see that I am not alone right now and that there are other people like me out there. It is also so good to see that everyone on here has been kind enough to talk about their experiences and offer their advice. It is so hard to talk to some people about these feelings we have, especially if that person has not experienced anything like it themselves.

So, for all the advice so far and for helping me feel I am not alone....thanks...whoever put this forum together deserves a huge pat on the back and I will definately be a regular visitor from now on.

Neenz

FAN
26-02-05, 21:26
hi welcome to the forum

fan x

nomorepanic
26-02-05, 21:29
Hi Neenz

Good to see you here and I am sure we can help you.

The "lump in the throat" is a real pain and I still get it - take a read of this previous post that may help you ...

MORE HORRID SYMPTOMS!!!! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1957)

If you have not read the "First Step" post (under the Welcome topic) then I urge you to do so as it will really help.

I wrote the website and started the forum but without all the support and advice from everyone on it then it would be nothing so I guess the forum is put together by all the wonderful people on it.

Hope to hear some more from you so a warm welcome.

Nicola

bubbles
26-02-05, 21:39
Neenz,

Welcome to the forum.

As you say, it can be very difficult to talk about anxiety/panic with people who have no experience of it.
Everyone here is friendly & understands--it has helped me a lot. I'm sure you will find it supportive & helpful.

Hope that you feel a bit better soon.

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

Karen
26-02-05, 21:40
Hi Neenz

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

seh1980
26-02-05, 22:26
Welcome aboard!! I'm sure you will find loads of support here. Looking forward to getting to know you better. :D

Tracy68
26-02-05, 22:36
Hi Neenz
Welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and support to get you through this.
Take care
Tracy
x

sal
26-02-05, 23:08
Hi Neenz

Totally understand how you feel and can see how joining her has made you realise you are not alone.

Your big thanks goes to Nicola who started the forum and has helped so many people like you. Before i joined i truly believed i was alone in how i felt, and although not completely cured i now believe in myself and know a panic attack is a panic attack.

Pleased you have joined us.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

lainey
26-02-05, 23:22
Hi Neenz

Welcome to the site, this site has helped many people including myself, without it I wouldn't be where I am now.
It will make you realise you are not alone.

Take care

Elaine x

Meg
26-02-05, 23:24
Hi Neenz

Welcome . Glad you've joined us here

Do you know what triggers these attacks off with you ?

As the link Nic sent you shows , the lump in the throat is no more than a tight muscle - we also get this when emotional when seeinga sad film or somehing - we talk about bringing a lump to our throats but don't worry about it . Same thing here - relax, distract and it goes...

Do post any other worries or symptoms you have , you'll get a barrage of people sopinions and expereinces

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

lisarose
26-02-05, 23:47
Hi Neenz

A big warm welcome to the forum and you will find lots of help and support from a very friendly bunch of people who all understand what it is like to suffer panic attacks etc.

I agree that Nicola deserves a huge pat on the back for starting this website, it has helped me so much in the 2 weeks since I joined adn wish I had had something like this when my panics first started as I think I would have recovered a lot quicker.

Hope to here more from you.
take care
Love Lisaxx

delta
27-02-05, 00:13
Hi Neenz
Welcome! I'm new here too and have found the site to be very welcoming and supportive, I am really glad I've found it.
Donna

jo-jo
27-02-05, 12:46
Hi there Neenz

You are certainly not alone :D

Welcome to the site, I'm sure you'll find tons of help and support here.

Best wishes
Jo xx

"courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear"