PDA

View Full Version : 1st night alone in 3 years

jduh
02-01-08, 16:55
On 29th Dec my boyfriend had to go to Scotland for his dads wedding. I was ment to go but decided not too incase i panic..i know i shouldn't have avoided that but thats too huge a step at the moment. However him going meant i had to spend the night alone in our flat. This is the first time i've been alone in 3 years, first time ive ever been alone completely in my entire life when i think about it.
I was really anxious and had a bed ready at my best friends incase i needed it but i managed to go with it and spend the whole night alone. I find cross stitching makes me really calm so i did that all night until i was tired.
I'm really pleased with myself for this and now feel like i can let my boyfriend stay over in Cambridge when he has band practice. It made me realise you need some alone time.
I still have a long way to go as i avoid alot but small steps turn into big steps and every step counts. I feel positive today, hopefully it'll stay that way.
x x x

manmoor
02-01-08, 17:14
What an achievement Jduh hun well done you. Wee steps make big steps and you did good. xxx

Believe
02-01-08, 17:48
Jhud,

Job well done. I know that you are so happy with yourself at the moment. It's so true what Mandy said, it's all the little steps that count.

Take Care:yesyes: :yesyes:

chalky
02-01-08, 18:01
Hi Jhud,
Well done!!!
Keep up that positive thinking!!
Best wishes.
Chalky

pink daisy
03-01-08, 00:24
Hi Jduh,

Im in the sort of same situation as you, Ive started to stay on my own in my house.. for first time ever!!

The last time i was on my own in a house was 13 years ago when I was 16.
I cant say how I have started to stay on my own its just I feel that I can...

Have u stayed on your own since???

I have only stayed on my own in my house after phoning a friend or two who lives in the same town as me just incase i need them, but I havent rang them up whilst i was on my own..

I actually really like being on my own so I look forward 2 my hubby going out now lol .....

jduh
03-01-08, 00:30
Thanks for all the positive replies.
I've not spent another night alone yet but i plan on doing so the next time my boyfriend has band practice. I found i quite enjoyed being alone aswel.
x x x

honeybee3939
03-01-08, 01:21
Jhuh

Its lovely to read your success story hun, i can imagine just how hard it must have been for you and im real pleased you found a way of distracting yourself with the cross stitch, you proved to yourself that you can do it so be real proud thats a fantastic achievement.:yesyes: :yesyes:

You keep up the good work, im real pleased for you !

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Nibbles
03-01-08, 12:29
Well done Jduh! Sticking it out for the whole night is a massive achievement and you should feel very proud. You're right about the trip to Scotland and by taking small steps in time the big steps will have shrunk to little ones.

Take care,

Mike :)

mlondon
05-01-08, 15:15
Well done. I have had problems with staying in alone so i know how hard it is. You seemed to have coped really well with it. Treat yourself!