PDA

View Full Version : unbearable pains in my head

Rachel
03-05-03, 22:36
Hello there.Today I experienced unbearable pains in my head. At the side of my forehead I felt as though someone was sticking a needle into a vein. (Sorry thats the best way I can explain the pain). Also I've had pains at the back of my head and side of my neck. Are these normal panic attack symptoms? Does anyone else get this? It's weird , I feel as though my body gets bored of certain symptoms and feels the need try them all out lol!

Thank you.

Rachel
12-05-03, 15:56
I went to my gp regarding the above. She told me it was just tension headaches etc due to stress.

xxx

nomorepanic
08-06-03, 22:06
Rachel - I used to get them too - thankfully not so much now. I thought it had to be a brain tumour cos they hurt so much. I guess we do go through every symptom one by one don't we.

Hope yours get better soon :-)

Nic

suzanna80
30-10-03, 18:50
hi there I thought it was just me that got those, I had terrible shooting and stabbigbn pains in my head for a yr. I had a brain scan and it was normal, I used to get burning on one side of my head that would last for days and then develope into a trobbing sensation that was unbearable, I have had PA for 4 yrs and it was related to that, I get them so much now and they dont bother me that much either.
Im afraid that I have no sugessions as nothing helped with mine.
My friend said they were tension headaches from my shoulders that had moved to the muscles on the side of my head.
Also I know I have grinding at nite and I get shooting pains in my temple when it flares up, if u dont tense up when u have them , they go away, but it took me a yr to work that out!!!
good luck :)

suzanna

Meg
30-10-03, 19:05
A quick way to ease this is a proper upper body massage. Instant relief...

Having a regular slot for massage whilst in the midst of panic is a good investment.

The local beauty shop is usually Ok but fairly slap dash and automated.

A more holistic way is to find a work from home therapist who cares about her regular clients and will tailor the treatment to how you are that day and additionally becomes part of your encouragement network. This is not just about pampering it's about treatment.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...