PDA

View Full Version : I'LL DO IT TOMORROW

Laurie28
10-11-03, 10:54
HIYA ALL,

THAT IS MY NEW SLOGAN IT SEEMS IS I WILL DO IT TOMORROW

NOTHING IS TODAY. I WILL EAT NUTS TOMORROW I WILL EAT HEALTHLY TOMORROW. EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE A NEAR MISS JUST NOW IE I GOT OFF WITH EATING SOMETHING OR DOING SOMETHING BUT NEXT TIME I WON'T BE SO LUCKY

I KNOW I SHOULD DO IT TODAY BUT I KEEP CONVINCING MYSELF IT ISN'T THE RIGHT TIME.

SORRY TO GRUMBLE VERY TIRED (MOTHER IN HOSPITAL AND I HAVE TO DO UP HER FULL FLAt)

luv
lucky

andrew
10-11-03, 13:55
hi lucky

know that slogan as well, lol

still i hope your not being negative towards yourself, working, looking after your own kids, yourself, house, helping your mum out - its not exactly doing nothing. not everydays the right day, hope your well.

take care andrew

Laurie28
10-11-03, 14:17
Thanks Andrew,

To be honest I'm struggling. v. tired
and i can't help feeling overwhelming pity and sadness for my mum even though it is self inflicted (think it is probably worse)

Not to worry though things have to get better soon. one way or another

Thanks
Lucky

andrew
10-11-03, 15:23
hi lucky

shes your mum its gonna run deep, lets hope things get better. and dont forget to take care of yourself as well.

you take care andrew

Laurie28
10-11-03, 15:32
thanks andrew you too

Jo
11-11-03, 08:16
Hi Lucky - It so very easy for everthing just to get on top of you - this is how my panic attacks and anxiety started. As andrew quite rightly stated, don't forget to take care of yourself - its sometimes hard to think like that especially when you have other, pssibily more pressing issues.

Stay positive Lucky - you have the right name anyway!!!!!

Take care all

Jo xx

Laurie28
11-11-03, 10:46
Thanks Jo,

if i could stop being such a wimp and face my fears i might get somewhere!!

lucky

sarah
11-11-03, 13:34
Hiya
Im one of the ones that subscribes to the 'I will do it tomorrow' idea.
I lay in bed some nights thinking how good i feel and how tomorrow i will:-
go to the shops
look for a job
do the garden
etc

then comes the next day and i feel a tiny bit shakey and convince myself i cant and that i will 'do it tomorrow'
daft eh?
love Sarah

Laurie28
11-11-03, 13:38
I know Sarah tomorrow is here and i am no further forward

Sick of myself

Luv
Lucky

sarah
11-11-03, 13:46
hi lucky
Know what you mean.
Im well aware that im wasting my life away but havent got much of a drive to do something about it.
I think positive as much as i can and plan wonderful things but sometimes i just cant manage to carry them out.
I sound like a right muppet but i really have made so much progress i shouldnt moan but of the end of the day, im sick of myself too!
love sarah

Laurie28
11-11-03, 13:50
It's great you have made progress it is something positive andf keep you going!!

I take one step forward and 2 steps backwards
Never mind

lucky

twister
11-11-03, 13:52
The more you convince yourself you are crap the more your brain will alter its patterns to think you are. :(

So what if some days are bad and you dont get anything done - I dont think you are crap, I think that's normal but most people dont beat themselves up about it as much as anxiety sufferers do.

Come on Girls - be positive :D

Laurie28
11-11-03, 14:01
thanks twister
i just need a boot up the a**e!!!

luv
lucky

Meg
11-11-03, 18:02
Sounds like you're all expecting too much from yourselves each day.

Pick just one thing and do it. Forget the rest.

If you don't want to and don't have to that's another issue and that's fine

Tell us about the task you're going to do and then report back. You already did this Lucky so you know you can.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

kate
11-11-03, 20:09
I think that a lot of the problem stems from a need to be perfectionists. Any sign of weakness means we have failed. In most situations, if we do not manage to acomplish a task, the only person to even notice is ourselves.If we do not deal with something "perfectly", we have failed in our minds.As Twister says, we beat ourselves up over things that non panickers wouldnt even give a second thought to. Ok, I KNOW I am doing it but how do I now stop it!!!

Kate x

andrew
12-11-03, 15:58
we also seem to think too much and therefore always come up with a massive list of things 'to do', usually totally unachieveable and so tumble straight into our negativity spiral.

i think it started from not thinking we were good enough and trying to do 'the perfectionist'. now its an anxious beat ourselves up with 'thought pattern'.

maybe the way out is to actually do more things, rather than think about doing things. when were taking it easy, stop ourselves thinking so much and see it for the anxious thought pattern it is. keep telling ourselves we are alright and not deserving a beating today, especially when we feel like we do.

tc andrew

nomorepanic
12-11-03, 16:43
I too always feel that I have to be doing something to beat the anxiety etc. If I am not trying to fix it then it will not go away will it?

But like some of you say on here, sometimes you just need to step back and stop trying to do it all!

As driving is my biggest problem, I have to face this every day but even then I just drive to work and back so I still feel as though I haven't faced it properly!

I am sure in time things will get easier

Nicola

theresa
15-11-03, 17:36
Nicola, what you say rings so true - every day I too am thinking I have to do something to beat the anxiety/depression - but I don't know what! I carry on doing the volunteer work 2 days a week, try to meet a friend once a week, go to my therapist, go to my yoga class, practise breathing/relaxation every day and I still think I'm doing nothing to help myself! I feel like I'm playing a waiting game - just waiting for it to go away so I then think I have to do something about it. Another loop to get stuck in!

Theresa

Waffle
18-11-03, 21:56
I live my life by that slogan with a lot of things hehe. Why get up now when I can get up 10 minutes later? Actually I don't get out of bed at any time other than a time ending in 0 or 5. Why get up at say 8:02am when you can wait to 8:05? Sometimes I say ok I will get up at 8:05, but I look at the watch and its 8:06 and I have missed it.. nevermind I'll get up at 8:10 :)

The funny thing is if you don't care (really don't care) it helps your anxiety. If you don't care how you feel, you won't worry about it. If you don't care that you feel like you may be sick the feeling goes very quick. Maybe if you care that you haven't done enough too much, that in itself helps convince you that you aren't ready to do something...