PDA

View Full Version : so worried about chest

molly36
03-01-08, 19:09
hi there i did a post the other day about problems im having in my chest ,im posting again because im so worried about it.i had tonsilitis about 2 half weeks ago and it seemed to clear up ,but on monday there i noticed my chest getting really tight and felt a constant tickle in bottom of my throat ,the next day i felt as if i had to keep coughing to unblock my chest as it feels full of phlegm ,sometimes when i cough it breaks up and other times it just a dry cough but i never spit anything up .i feel wheezy as well .i went to doctor today as when i awoke this morning i felt as if somoene was sitting on my chest and when i took a breath in i felt all this wheezing and crackling in my back at the bottom of my lungs,so totally freaked.doc said it just phleghm breaking up and it not a chest infection or asthma.you see i have a worry over getting asthma ,my son had it when he was younger but he got it from his dads side.my doc gave me a peak flow monitor a while ago as i was so worried bout asthma and i always get 410 , but since having this chesty thing im only getting 380 told doc his but he didnt say anything.he just said take honey and lemon to help it clear it up ,i think ive drank a gallon of the stuff now.i just have this constant feeling in my chest like something clogging up all my airways its horrible feeling.everyone says it just phleghm from my tonsililitis i had weeks ago ,but someimes when i cough it hurts .i cant understand how this isnt going to affect my breathing,can anyone else relate to this and does anyone else no anything about peak flows and does my numbers sound ok ,im 32.but mainly has anyone ever had a very tight chest in morning with a terrible wheeze and or crackling coming fro bottom of lungs in there back when they breath in in the morning just once or twice then it goes ..so sorry this is so long im just so afraid kind regards molly

molly36
03-01-08, 20:39
hi there if anyone else can relate to this can you please help i a so worried kind regards molly

doglover
03-01-08, 20:53
Hi Molly,
It sounds like just phlegm on your chest. I am just getting over a flu bug and have had gurgling noises deep in my chest for the last couple of days. Coughing sometimes cleared it momentarily but just served mainly to make my chest so sore that every deep breath hurt. I completely lost my voice too.
Please dont worry yourself. It will go. You could try taking some Manuka Honey which is good for anything like that, its a natural anti biotic, you can only get it in Health Food Stores or online (get UMF 20 if you can)
Hope you are better soon
Donna

jackie
04-01-08, 19:55
marc you know this is nothing to worry about, its just left over from your flu a few weeks ago, please try not to worry, its just phlegm and a cough

your just going through a rough patch love, you will come through this

jackie