PDA

View Full Version : Don't get comfy, you ain't staying

Jaco45er
03-01-08, 19:42
Talk about out of the blue.

Last night after eating I started feeling this horrible, strangling feeling and head pressure. I went to bed , but just spent all night tossing and turning, thoughts and worry's (all damn unfounded) spinning around my my simple little mind.

Up at 5:15 am, after 2 hours sleep, a 60 mile drive to do a job, struggled all day with anxious physical tension and now back home, after eating again I feel the same, with a massive pulse vibrating on my stomach. If I lay on the sofa, I can see my stomach pulse with my heart beat, what the hell is all that about?

I have had a stabbing in my right chest all day too, it's the wrong side for my heart, I am sure I haven't pulled anything so unless some muppet has a voodoo doll of me I guess that is anxiety too.

I am really confused why this has kicked in, I have been fine for the most part for a while now.

My BP is 139/79 so I guess I am not too stressed (it can get alot higher). BtW don't buy a BP monitor, I am so obsessed with mine people think the cuff is part of my shirt.

It's been 24 hours now, but like I said, you are not staying, I am too long in the tooth to be fooled by anxiety anymore, but if someone knows what the pulse is on my stomach let me know.

P.S. Don't google and come back to me telling me to get to the docs or sort my will out, I have anxiety tyvm ;)

A rather bewildered (but staying calmish) Jaco

dimblonde
03-01-08, 20:07
Hey Jaco hun :hugs: and more :hugs: x

It sounds like pure anxiety to me.

You should be able to feel a pulse in your belly anyway, around your belly button. When you lie down, put your hand on your belly and see if you can feel it on top of your belly button. There is a major blood vessel called the abdominal aorta that runs right through your belly and although not always visible is still there. It runs from the heart, the aorta and then goes through the belly, becoming the abdominal aorta.

I can feel mine too and in heightened states of anxiety its worse just like it is in my neck, my wrist, behind my knee and in my ankle as well as all those other places we feel a pulse :)

Take a deep breath hun too slow any breathing down, make sure your not too hot as this can increase the pressure our hearts beat with as well making us more aware of it and if possible try and get into a position where it feels less like on your side or something :)

Take care and hope it disappears soon.

Jo
x

erialc
03-01-08, 20:08
Awwwwww hope u feelin better soon Jaco

Oh and that voo doo doll I got for xmas ............... :)

tc

Claire xxxxx

Coni
03-01-08, 20:57
hi Jaco,

I sure hope the pulse in your belly isnt anything serious.....cos if it is Ive got it too lol!!

Sorry didnt mean to be flippant, but im sure all your symptoms are down to anxiety and as lolly said too little sleep and footie!

Sometimes it does seem to creep up on us out of the blue, just to remind us its still around (or at least it does me and I cant always put my finger on the reasons why), but, it sounds as if you're doing a great job talking yourself down, much much better than I could do so keep it up, put your feet up, get Sky sports on and chill.

luv Coni XX

Believe
03-01-08, 21:03
Hi Jaco,

It's doing what it is meant to do there mate. We all have it. Sounds to me like you are focusing in on it. I like the saying you wrote:don't get comfortable you aren't staying. Remember that, it's ok, and it will pass. I hope that you can get yourself some sleep tonight. As for the voodoo doll, sorry can't say that I have it mate.

Take Care
Tina

Nibbles
03-01-08, 21:16
Jaco chap,

Were you describing yourself or me? The reason I say this as I regularly get all that you've described. I sometimes can't settle at night because of anxiety and daft thoughts going around my head, even when I don't feel anxious. Also, I get the stomach pulse thing a lot when I'm anxious and I feel for you because it's not nice. But like you say chap, it won't stay long and is just a blip.

Take care,

Mike :)

PS Get Marillion's Somewhere Else on bud!

trac67
03-01-08, 21:45
Jaco,

I have had that pulse feeling too, I always descibe it as the same sort of feeling I had when I was pregnant and the baby was moving about, I found by doing something so i wasnt focusing on it actually made it go away. Remember this is just a blip and it will pass.

Love

Trac xxx

flinty90
03-01-08, 22:47
Hey Jaco you cant feel bad mate your my rock lol.. like said before though your pulse can be felt all over your body and in a man you have a big vessel of circulation that actually runs near your left testicle. ooerr. i hope your feeling better soon mate you always make me feel better hope i can do the same for you, like you said you bp looks fine and im sure your pulse must be solid and steady for you to feel it there.

take care mate

Flinty

Brandy snap
04-01-08, 00:29
Hi Jaco,

I can relate to your thread as when I lie face down on a sunlounger or on the sand I can feel my stomach pulsing into what I'm lying on and it always makes me worry I'm going to have an aortic aneurism. I've been worrying about that for about 30 years and I'm still here! I do hope you feel better soon and look forward to reading how you are.

Lindalou64
04-01-08, 02:19
HEY JACO, SOMETIMES WE DONT EVEN REALIZE WE ARE HAVING FLIPPIN ANXIETY, YA KNOW WHAT IM SAYING . IT SUCKS I KNOW BUT WE CAN FEEL PULSES ALOT OF PLACES..AND YOUR GONNA BE JUST FINE MY FRIEND.DO YASELF A FAVOR GET RID OF THE DAMN BP MONIOR WILL YA ...IM SURE YA LOOK MUCH MORE HANDSOME WITH OUT IT HANGIN ON YA ARM......WISH YOU WELL HUN .......LINDA XXX

Tom_M
04-01-08, 06:50
If I lay on the sofa, I can see my stomach pulse with my heart beat, what the hell is all that about?You should go and see a doctor. Though it is probably just anxiety, I would really get it checked out. I don't want to frighten you, but sometimes a pulsating tummy like that, can be down to an aneurysm. - If it is very prominent! Everyone's can see the tummy pulsate - especially if they are slim, but it shouldn't be excessive.

http://www.doctorslounge.com/cardiology/forums/backup/topic-5832.html

Tom

Alabasterlyn
04-01-08, 08:31
I am sure it's nothing to worry about Jaco. I have exactly the same thing and I'm sure I've mentioned it to you before. I have been to my GP a few times when it's really been bothering me and I am always told I notice it because I am very slim. My GP said the way to tell if it's anything to worry about is to turn over onto your front on your knees and elbows and put your hand where you normally feel the pulsating and see if you can still feel it. When I do that I can't feel it and apparantly that means it's okay, least that is what my GP said. It is possible to get this checked out very easily with an ultrasound scan which only takes a couple of minutes if it's something that continues to worry you though.

Alabasterlyn
04-01-08, 09:13
Jaco another thing to realise is that when we are anxious our bodies act by gearing up for the "fight or flight" response and one of the main physiologial things that happens is that blood is diverted from the extremeties to the internal organs, which is why people get that wobbly feeling in their legs when they are anxious. It would also explain the pulsating feeling you get as your insides gear themselves up. I'm sure there is something in the Claire Weekes books that explains it all far better than I can and I know you have them :hugs:

dawny
04-01-08, 09:41
hi jaco

when i do relaxtion, i can feel every pulse, especially the one in my tummy.

i think its the flippin time of the year, cause ive been well sooooo long, then all of a sudden (outta the blue...she says) i feel like c$%p, so like you i'm thinking, get lost, cause i you are not here too stay.

im truly putting it down to xmas, late nights, rich food and being out of routine....and nothing more.

get well soon jaco
take care

dawny

Jaco45er
04-01-08, 19:06
Well ty all, even you Tommy, you mean't well ;) and I now need therapy lol.

I am not feeling too bad today, I had that shooting chest pain all morning but after a shouting match with some sun reading builder ( i won ;) ) I forgot all about it.

I am having an operation on Monday to replace the vein in my tummy with a copper pipe, just in case ;) .

And I must be better, one is enjoying a glass of Shiraz (or red wine as I called it before reading the label).

Ty all for your kind words, I get these wee blips, but you can't dwell on it can you ;)

BTW Lyn, I am in and out of your town so much lately, you getting the kettle on sometime?

TC all ty

decca
19-01-08, 11:11
Doctor noticed my aorta pulsating and sent me for an ultrasound, it was normal though,but It caused me a lot of anxiety leading up to the scan.