PDA

View Full Version : Cant stop feeling my pulse through ectopics

Neilr1978
04-01-08, 00:11
after a good while of not feeling my pulse in my neck all the time when i was getting ectopics to feel my pusle,im at it again!!!!.When i feel an ectopic i feel for my pulse to count my pulse and feel my heart strength and beat.Now i have found out through googling it(yes i know i know but its hard not too) that taking your corotid pulse alot can be dangerous as it can dislodge plaque and cause strokes or heart attacks.Granted because im only 29 and have low cholestorol its a small risk but that is making me stress like mad now thinking what if ive done some damage to myself or maybe the plaque is already going around my system now ready to get stck in a artery.

God i hate being like this:weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep:

nomorepanic
04-01-08, 00:15
Blimey - how long did it take you to find that on google!!

I bet you disregarded all the positive sites to find the bad one yes? :winks:

You have to a) stop googling and b) accept it is panic/anxiety causing all these things and c) get some CBT for HA - that will help a lot

Please stop worrying - you are making things worse by doing searches on the internet.

Neilr1978
04-01-08, 00:24
Blimey - how long did it take you to find that on google!!

I bet you disregarded all the positive sites to find the bad one yes? :winks:

You have to a) stop googling and b) accept it is panic/anxiety causing all these things and c) get some CBT for HA - that will help a lot

Please stop worrying - you are making things worse by doing searches on the internet.

your right... il look and look until i find something bad and when i do i stress like mad..crazy aint it.

ANd even though on that site it said its highly unlikey but possible i think the worst. And yes im going to give myself a health google ban

TracyL
21-02-08, 02:03
Hi Neil

yep i had to ban myself from googling. You can bet i will find the one thing on google that is a negative rather than a positive. I know where you're coming from. When my ectopics start up my hand goes straight to my neck (like its a magnet or something!).

Try not to worry about it (easier said than done) but do try and not GOOGLE! lol

Take care
Tracy