PDA

View Full Version : Not coping

Freaky Chick
04-01-08, 13:07
Hi all

My elderly parents came up for christmas and new year becasue it's also my birthday. Christmas Day my mum was in bed all day, then admitted to hospital boxing day and out on the Thursday. Then was relatively ok, well still in mild pain, and got worse and i spent Wednesday (my birthday) this week in A&E with her in lots of pain and stupid Dr's who tried to tell me it was gastroenteritis and send her home, but i wasn't coping so they then decided to get me social services, who can't help becasue my parents are out of area, but that meant A+E team had to refer her to the medical team instead of just sending her home (Thankfully!) because the medics referred her to the surgeons and she was admitted. And she is just getting worse.

Needless to say, it's not been a good Christmas, New Year or Birthday for me, I'm now taking Diazepam on top of Citalopram and Buspirone (5HTP or basically seratonin supplement!) and i'm not really managing very well, as i have to cope with worry over my mum, my own ilness and looking after my disabled dad, including helping him dress etc.

I NEED A HUG or 6

and i just needed to vent my stress too, as my OT has left and she was my care co-ordinator, and the other OT in my team also left, and the OT remaining in my team is on maternity leave until middle of Jan and i've never met her, and the only other person in mental health services that i know and am able to talk to is on a different care team, so in theory can't care for me.

Freaked out - Freaky Chick

ade
04-01-08, 13:40
sixty thousands hugs to you honey bee:hugs::hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: thinking of you very much love ade xxxx

Believe
04-01-08, 13:56
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Hi,

Hope that things soon improve for you and your Mom hun. Sounds like you need a big vacation when this is all over.

Take Care,
Tina

manmoor
04-01-08, 14:11
A big hug coming from me too hun :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: xxx

bottleblond
04-01-08, 16:06
I really hope things improve for you soon hun!

:hugs:

Lisa
xxx

doglover
04-01-08, 16:54
You will cope, no matter how hard it gets and how awful it is, you will get through it. I do hope there is soon light at the end of the tunnel for you. Sending hugs and reassurance your way
Donna :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Nibbles
04-01-08, 19:23
Big hugs coming your way, I really hope things improve soon for you and your mum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Take care,

Mike

groovygranny
05-01-08, 20:54
Crikey Funky Chick,

Megga hugehttp://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x293/grise_2007/hugs.gifcoming your way...

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

:flowers:

Freaky Chick
05-01-08, 23:08
Thank you

I needed these hugs and have got through so far. Just 8 weeks to go!!!
Mum had emergency surgery today to remove part of the right side of her bowel as there is a nasty obstruction. It was fairly small, but invasive and stuck to a lot of surrounding tissue. Just waiting now to find out if it is cancer or not.

Freaky chick

Southern_Belle
06-01-08, 16:39
Freaky Chick,

Wow, you have been through the ringer. Please know that your Mom will be in my prayers that things will be okay for her. I'm so glad she went in and was taken care of at last. As for you, I know things are rough but hang in there, we are always here to listen. Huge hug for you.

Laura

jodie
06-01-08, 18:38
aww thinking of you and your mum i hope things turn out ok for you all

jodie :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: