PDA

View Full Version : up date on mids meet up.

domino
04-01-08, 13:36
for those of you that have shown an interest in the meet up please could i have some dates so we can get things booked up . rickards can do march[15, 16, 22, 29] april can do [12, 13, 26, 27th]. keep your ideas coming. I want to try and please everyone. xx:biggrin:

flinty90
04-01-08, 14:06
cant do march but can do all dates in april matey

Flinty

domino
04-01-08, 17:50
Right we have 15 members showing an interest=
Dawy
Flinty90
Mystical
Bluebottle
JulieB
pinkpenny1uk
Rickards
CarmR
Bluesparkle
Mynameis
Mynydd
Paddington
SarahSRE
Jess
Meg
Have heard from Flinty90 as regarding a dateto meet up,also from Dawy, plese select from the following.
MARCH 15, 16 22,OR 29
APRIL 12,13,26, OR 27 AND I WILL GO WITH THE MAJORITY.

bluesparkle
04-01-08, 18:03
ok...
i can only do 22nd march w/e...
i realise that you cant please everyone so if it falls on anouther date i will try my hardest to swap my week end if i know in enough time, i am determined to come to this one..it will be just over a three hour drive for me so depending what time you meet may look for a b and b
rach

SarahSRE
04-01-08, 19:40
At this stage, any date is okay for me if we are going to arrange soon.

Thanks for all your hard work rickards

xxx

nomorepanic
04-01-08, 20:32
I can come as well - any date at the moment

domino
04-01-08, 22:25
Hi everyone, right this needs to have a deadline so if we say next friday then that will give everyone the chance to opt for march or april, then we will decide where. [ jess,s idea sounds good ]if not what about nottingham castle.:hugs:to you all x

nomorepanic
04-01-08, 22:35
What is Jess's idea?

domino
04-01-08, 22:40
Hi nic, go to midlands meet up.[ not this thread] it,s on there. x

nomorepanic
04-01-08, 22:50
Ok doesn't say where though - near Nottingham ???

domino
04-01-08, 22:59
yeh, longeaton here,s the link www.leartroom.co.uk (http://www.leartroom.co.uk) but not sure now will members want to pay £15 per head!!!! if not i think nottingham castle would be nice.

happyfeet
04-01-08, 23:05
Richards Nottingham Castle it is

nomorepanic
04-01-08, 23:11
ok and parking etc?

I have been to Notts castle - not very exciting and where do we all meet?

happyfeet
04-01-08, 23:16
l doubt its a good place for a meet up, been a few times and it wouldnt be the sort of place l would say suited an NMP meet up as it gets very busy and only has a small cafe thats very expensive, the castle itself isnt free to get in theres a charge.

the only parking is very expensive as its in a city centre an not a venue for disabled to get to easy as its on a big hill.

domino
04-01-08, 23:35
ok lets knock that idea on the head then. need some more ideas,

kate
05-01-08, 08:01
Can we meet in Sutton Coldfield :winks:

Kate

nomorepanic
05-01-08, 15:37
Is there a big garden centre somewhere around there that will have a cafe and free parking and so people can also have a browse round that as well - I love garden centres lol.

flinty90
05-01-08, 16:17
Well there is creswell crags in nottinghamshire where cavemen and dinosaurs have been found , that has a good visitors centre and just down the road is the dukeries garden centre which is really big, or there is white post farm which is a brilliant day out.
or even the rare breeds farm near mansfield woodhouse or sherwood forest and the major oak all with cafes and visitors centresvery good days out.,
all these places are really good .

dawny
05-01-08, 16:20
I Really Dont Mind Where Or When We Meet...

Sutton Park Is Lovely Kate, Its Only A Pound To Park........lol

Love Dawny

kate
05-01-08, 19:45
Nic, there is a Wyevale Garden Centre at Shenstone, which is about a mile or so from mine. Free parking, lovely big garden centre and gifts, clothing, a food store and a cafe for hot and cold meals.

Kate

kate
05-01-08, 20:06
Dawny,

Sutton Park is too big and scary LOL. No good if it rains either!

Kate

domino
05-01-08, 21:11
does anyone fancy trentham gardens again?i i would have said drayton manor park ,but it,s not cheap , i think cheap and cheerful. x

SarahSRE
05-01-08, 21:36
Hi All

I'm happy to travel to Nottingham is everyone else though? Would it be better to try to meet a bit more central to everyone? What about Burton on Trent or Lichfield? Only an idea as only know where a few of you live but just a thought.

What does everyone think?

Sarah x

happyfeet
05-01-08, 21:55
oh l like waitrose in Lichfield :yesyes:

what about cannock chase, or shugborough hall.

domino
06-01-08, 12:42
What does anyone think of coombe abbey paddington ,s idea it looks ok what do you think ?

kate
06-01-08, 15:03
LOL Jess!

Too far for me, soz.

Kate

SarahSRE
06-01-08, 17:27
I like Jess' idea of Cannock Chase but then I suppose we need somewhere to go in case it rains?

What about the idea of Trentham again then? It's a really good day out there with lots to do.

I've never been to Coombe Abbey, whereabouts is that?

Shall we narrow it down to Trentham or Coombe Abbey then? How are they for people?

Sarah xxx

kate
06-01-08, 17:54
Neither are any good for me I'm afraid.

Never mind, maybe next time :D

Kate

domino
06-01-08, 18:59
Ok , we,re going round in circles with this meet up, 16 members have shown an interest yet only have had a response from 6 . someone needs to decide so i guess that,s down to me.Right here are the choices Trentham gardens or coombe abbey, trentham is nice , coombe abbey ,not been there before but it looks interesting if you visit the web site. Date will be decided on friday the 11th so pls let me know what date you would perfer, only had 4 dates so far .xx

domino
06-01-08, 19:00
Do,nt forget your choice of venue.xx

domino
06-01-08, 19:03
Commbe abbey is near coventry, and trentham gardens is near stoke on trent. xx.

SarahSRE
06-01-08, 20:59
My choice would be Trentham Gardens but if it's elsewhere will still travel. Any date at the moment is okay with me.

Thanks for organising!

Sarah x

happyfeet
06-01-08, 22:06
is that the 11th of march?

Mystical
07-01-08, 04:32
HI there,

It seems that one venue is one end of the M69 while the other is way up the M6. Where do you guys come from? I'm at J25 on the M1 near East Midlands Airport and I know there are more members in Leicestershire and thereabouts. Trentham Gardens is 60 mile trip for me in one direction while Coventry is 40 miles in quite another; makes it quite complicated. Anyone good at planning??

flinty90
07-01-08, 09:00
im from jct 27 on M1 so coventry is a good 80 miles away from me, i dont mind travelling really and i appreciate that folks are going to have to travel regardless and we cant all have it on our doorstep. i am happy to travel as far as lichfield personally but dont think i could do a longer drive alone. i think rikhard needs to just decide a place as said and a date and see how many people it suits, A nightmare to plan but im sure even if worse comes to worse you could scale down the meets and do two smaller ones a little more localised to people . im happy to go with the flow.

domino
07-01-08, 10:33
Jess, 11 Th Of Jan, Is Dead Line For Your Choice Of Venue.

domino
07-01-08, 10:38
for everyone else, i really am trying to sort this out the best way i can , i,m sorry if it does,nt suit everyone, maybe someone could arrange a meet up, [like it has been suggested] so those of you that ca,nt make either of the venues. will get to meet up nearer your homes.xx:smile:

domino
07-01-08, 10:50
Friday is the day for date and venue to be confirmed pls give me your chioce these are March15, 16, [22 this is easter saturday] and the 29th. OR April 12,13,26,27.Coombe abbey OR trentham gardens.That,s it , see you friday. xx

happyfeet
07-01-08, 11:44
l vote for Trentham Garden's :shades:

we can do most date's but cant do Easter as lm going away!!

domino
08-01-08, 12:41
O k, slight change of plan,Jess has very kindly got us in at a work shop in long eaton near nottingham, pls go to www.leartroom.co.uk (http://www.leartroom.co.uk) and have a look. We can have the room for free, and parking is free too.It,s her original idea of a "paint a pot party", if everyone bought an item of food we could set up a buffet,there is a kitchen we can use,it,s close to a tesco,s and an asda and the artroom is on the canel bank if anyone fancied a walk. Jess has booked us in for the 13th april. I know that this was going to be confirmed on friday but as the room is free that sunday i did,nt see the point of waiting till then.I hope this alright with everyone, and could we pls thank jess and meg for their help in getting this meet up arranged.:yesyes:pAINT A POT IS JUST £3.

Meg
08-01-08, 15:09
The groundfloor community art room that we are going to on Sunday 13th April has recently changed locations and is far larger than before, so it will easily be able to hold as many of us as would like to come.

It is reasonably close to the railway station in Long Eaton which is on the main London line and I would be delighted to collect anyone who wants to come by train. By car, it's nearest to J25 of the M1.

Paint a pot is just one activity of many that you can choose to do that day or bring something you are already working on. Most arts and crafts here will cost from about £3.00 - £6.00 for a donation to the art room for using their materials, but of course there is no obligation to do any of the activities at all, you can simply join in by bringing yourselves and that will cost you absolutely nothing at all.

If anyone needs some quiet time out there is a library area too.

There is lots at the art room to entertain children too, so don't let finding child care put you off coming, just bring the whole family, especially if it puts you more at ease.

I will do a Costco run for basics and Charlie has already volunteered to do some cooking.

Any men waivering about whether it their 'thing' or not, I can immediately volunteer Gary and Trev to be there and I hope Alex will join us too, so there is already a male fraternity and we will ensure we have bikes and boats in the paint a pot choice too. If anyone does have a specific thing that they would like to paint ie car, cat, mug, serving platter, cuddly toy etc then let us know and we can order it in for you.

Please would you kindly post with your interest and also what you intend to bring for food and drink so we don't end up with 10 cheesecakes on the day.

We'll do cake and pizza.

Looking forward to it very much.

Love

Meg xx

flinty90
08-01-08, 15:29
cant wait , well done to you both for arranging this for us to do , , can i paint a car please lol... i will bring sausage rolls and pork pies lol..

happyfeet
08-01-08, 16:52
l think its great that we have been given this venue for free, its very popular .
like Meg said there's so much to do, there's a potters wheel for all the Ghost fans out there!!!
Theres a library an small gallery and also a sewing room with sewing machines and weaving machines and knitting machines!!
any kind of painting you could think of and also felting, origami,quilling, paint a pot , and anything else you can think of thats arty !!!!

flinty90
08-01-08, 17:08
well im not posing nude for people to paint my portrait, lol..

happyfeet
08-01-08, 17:13
Gary and Trev will take that job on if need be im sure lol

dawny
08-01-08, 17:39
sounds like it gonna be a good day out.....

ill need directions and what not......

i love crafts, my fav thing.....so right up my street.

love dawny

domino
08-01-08, 18:02
I Will Bring Quiches.x

bluebottle
08-01-08, 21:06
Long Eaton I can do. I'll hang around the library though. Meg could you pick me from the station if I haven't passed my test by then? I'll bring wine and chocolates.

julieb
08-01-08, 22:08
hi everyone,

thanks rickards for email, ive jsut had a look on route finder for directions and a look at the place, it really looks lovely. i'm not going to promise to come because i will worry about it till then and worry about letting everone down if i cant make it as ive not been doing so well going any distance and going out at the moment but what i will promise is that i will do my best as i'd love to meet everyone especially dawny who i chat to most days as a fellow agro and who has been a great support to me. so if thats ok with eveyone can i just turn up on the day with my partner if i feel up to it and just tell me what you'd like me to bring ( nothing vital incase i dont come!!!! lol )

ju xxx

happyfeet
08-01-08, 22:19
Hi Julie,

Dont worry the venue is big enough for you and your partner to just turn up,and im sure that there will be plenty of food to go around, so if you feel up to it on the day then it would be wonderful to see you there.

Take Care,
Jess

Meg
08-01-08, 22:27
Hey Bluebottle,

Yes of course I will. Am I right in remembering that you are Loughborough way on? So, just 1 stop on the train.

Good luck with your test if you do take it before and I guess if you do, you'll be rethinking the wine !!

Julie - no pressure at all, so we'd love to see you on the day but totally understand if you don't appear. We've all been there at some stage ...

So, in my reckoning so far we're 9-10 Yes's and its only January !

Rickards, Happyfeet, Dawny, Gary, Flinty, Bluebottle, Lottie, Trev - agreed from the ski slopes to be male model, Julieb in principle and Meg so far and hope the date is ok for Sarahsrs and Mystical.

Love Meg xx

Karen
08-01-08, 22:37
I'd like to come but I'm stuck in hospital.

Karen

nomorepanic
08-01-08, 22:41
I am sure we will be there too - Alex can volunteer as another nude model!

Meg
08-01-08, 22:43
Karen,

This meetup is in mid April. It is currently early January so hardly reprsentative of how and where you may be then. You being in hospital today doesn't mean you will not be joining us in April and by then it will up to you whether you're well enough to come or not.

Paddington
09-01-08, 14:28
sorry guys cant make this one..have a wonderful time all of you:hugs: :hugs: love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

pink daisy
09-01-08, 15:27
Hi Guys

Can you fit a pink daisey in your meet up?? And my hubby if that's ok .

flinty90
09-01-08, 15:35
Hi Guys

Can you fit a pink daisey in your meet up?? And my hubby if that's ok .

I suppose so. lol

of course we could you are more than welcome dont know about hubby though hehehe.(Joke)

Flinty xx

pink daisy
09-01-08, 15:38
Thanks lol

pink daisy
09-01-08, 15:43
I will stay over on sat night as its like a three hour drive 4 me... so i will have to ask u lot who lives in the area??? so u can tell me ok places to stay xx

bluesparkle
09-01-08, 16:07
its my week end to work... but i am going to start asking around for someone to swap as i really would like to come...
i also need any ideas on b&b as it 3 1/2 hours drive...
also are any children going as may bring my youngest if thats ok she is 13.
rach

flinty90
09-01-08, 16:29
well there are some nices places to stay around here, there is the new dakota hotel which is lovely and would e a nice treat for you and your hubby for the night . but there are tons of b+bs around i will do a bi of delving for you and get you some numbers and directions sorted if you like X

SarahSRE
09-01-08, 16:32
Hi!

Yes please, I'd like to come along too! I'll have a look at the website then that you have suggested. I'll bring crisps/nuts/nibbley bits.

I'm rubbish at art but happy to have a go at a stick man mug! ha ha h oh and maybe pinch ideas from someone and equally as happy to admire the work from you clever arty people!

Most importantly it will be just nice to meet up with you all!

Thanks to Rickards and Jess and Meg for sorting it all out.

I might bring hubby and my little boy as they will probably bring me over but not 100% yet.

What time will we be meeting or am I a bit early for that?

Love Sarah x

Meg
09-01-08, 18:18
Hi All,

Lovely to see members from further away are willing to make the journey to the meet up.

Regarding accommodation:

This is the absolutely nearest hotel which is walkable.
http://www.europahotel.co.uk/

This is probably the next nearest hotel which is about a 5 min drive away. If anyone wants to come by train and stay over I will be a shuttle bus too.

http://www.novotel.com/novotel/fichehotel/gb/nov/0507/fiche_hotel.shtml
At present it seems the best unrestricted rate here is £50 per room per night.

Thanks Flinty for searching for B+B's too.

All children are very welcome, I think there are a few coming already.

We'll probably say anytime onwards from about 11am.

Love

Meg xx

pink daisy
09-01-08, 18:36
I will need to find a b&b or somthing or a small hotel cos i cant walk only park outside a door and fall in type.. Agoraphobia quite bad on walking

But im sure i could find one there mayb

mynydd
09-01-08, 21:31
ok, forgive me but what is happening and when I am kinda lost!! :wacko: Sorry .....lol, I have not kept up to date with things on here. So who what wer when?? cool till then xxx Ann.

julieb
09-01-08, 21:45
thanks jess and meg, well everyone really. you are all so kind. do my best to get there, its about hour and half from me i think which is a fair bit beyond my safety zone at the moment but im working on it and i desperately want to meet everyone and support this.

ju xx

nomorepanic
09-01-08, 21:52
Ann - just read back a few pages and you will soon catch up lol

bluesparkle
09-01-08, 23:21
i forgot to say i am not arty at all...and would rather just watch if thats ok but if i bring my daughter i know she will want to have a go.
i think i will book into one of the hotels could do with a break away from here anyway....so need to get my week end swapped.
also i will bring something of coarse...just let me know what once i can confirm i can make it.
rach

mynydd
09-01-08, 23:44
lol. thanks Nic x :shrug:

Mystical
09-01-08, 23:46
Nottingham Castle is a short walk from the railway station, there is adjacent parking in the neaby Broad Marsh Shopping complex, but it can be pretty windy up on top of the Castle grounds; for those with cultural tastes the Castle also has a fine exhibition hall and some of them are excellent. The Broad Marsh is also the connecting point for many of the coaches from outside the immediate locality. Best regards to all NMP members and admin ppl....

Meg
10-01-08, 00:09
Hi Mystical,

I agree with all the points you mention but we decided against Nottingham Castle in the end for this particular event, mainly for logistical reasons. It is very challenging for people with any difficulty with hills or stairs, the coffee bar is quite small and the tables are not laid out in a group friendly fashion, so if the weather is still chilly or rainy it'd be hard to all be together.

There is an entrance fee to get into the Castle grounds, the coffee bar is limited in scope and not cheap, plus most of us would also need to pay NCP rates for parking. The art room that we have booked for April 13th is on the ground floor with free parking immediately outside, laid out as we want it on the day, free to enter and we will create our own buffet.

I do hope you will be joining us. It sounds like Long Eaton might be quite close to you.

Meg xx

mynydd
10-01-08, 00:13
This is why I was confused...... and I thought I was going mad :yesyes:

Mystical
10-01-08, 00:18
I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw the latest post regarding Long Eaton Art Room as the venue for the meet, living as I do a ten minute drive away. Strange how situations change; as for a B&B Pink_D, not certain about that but there is the Hotel Europa across the road from the Art Room, it is't all that big so could suit you. Alternatively and if you want a little more luxury we have a Ramada and Novotel and a Holiday Inn within a short cab ride or drive from the Art Room. Being a Sunday the two adjacent Supermarts are open from 10am to 4 pm; Nottingham - see my other post - is approx half-hour from Long Eaton by car and ten minutes by train. Derby is also a short train ride away.

Mystical a.k.a. Stu xxxx

flinty90
10-01-08, 10:14
Well i suggested nottingham castle just cos i have been and i like it there, but i have to say im really looking forward to the art thing perfect for everyone and i urge as many people to get there as we can get , its gonna be a great day i think.

domino
10-01-08, 11:23
WELL IT,S NICE TO SEE THAT THINGS ARE TAKING SHAPE FOR THIS MEET UP, SORRY TO HEAR THAT PADDINGTON CA,NT MAKE THIS ONE.tHANKS AGAIN MEG AND JESS FOR YOUR HELP, IT,S NOT EASY TRYING TO PLEASE EVERYONE.:hugs:TO ALL X LORRAINE. X

domino
10-01-08, 11:35
can u make it pinkpenny1uk ?:hugs:

CarmR
10-01-08, 20:12
Hiya,

Sorry i havent replied earlier had been away...

I think i may have to pass on this one...its a bit far for me, oh well i am sure you will all have great fun.

Carmelx

Mystical
10-01-08, 22:42
Bluebottle a.k.a. Julie,

If as Meg says you live in Loughboro' I am more than willing to collect you, since I am only twenty minutes away from the airport and L'boro ain't that much farther than kegworth is it? Alternatively if you do brave the train - let me know the time and I can meet it, as I live only a few mins up the road.

The Art Room is only a ten minute drive from the station; I know the street very well as I help out at a Volunteer Centre across the road.

Mystical a.k.a. Stu xxxx

nomorepanic
10-01-08, 22:49
Bluebottle is Tony and male and not called Julie - well unless he tells us otherwise :winks: :winks: :ohmy:

Dying_Swan
11-01-08, 18:44
Oh! I think maybe I would like to come! It will depend on whether or not I am working that day however. I also need to look and see how far it is from me....

(Nic - how far is it from me?!)

Ski slopes??? How fun would that be? :yesyes:

No it sounds cool and I think yous have done really well to get it this organised! I want to paint a pot! And I definitely want to go on the potter's wheel - bring protective clothing :winks:

So I'm a query really - would like to come but will have to wait a bit longer until I can confirm. I will bring chocolate brownies and something else...

xxx :flowers:

mynameis
11-01-08, 21:35
Bugger ! I'll be on my way back from my hols when the meet takes place unfortunately. I think the wife will be even more gutted as it sounds right up her street ! I'll check other threads and I'm sure there will be another meet relatively close which we can attend. Well done everyone by the way for their efforts, and I hope you all have a great day.

julieb
11-01-08, 22:18
ski slopes? lol

weeble40
12-01-08, 02:24
if any of you dudes wanna meet on cleethorpes Beach in the summer then am free ill arrange it PM Me any date will do, if fact am just gonna sit there on most popular date if ya wanna meet me then HEY HO am there

Dying_Swan
12-01-08, 18:45
lol Julie I saw something about someone being on a ski slope...and :emot-bulb:

Only kidding though :winks:

julieb
13-01-08, 00:16
thank goodness for that!!! lol

matt1981
15-01-08, 16:56
Right we have 15 members showing an interest=
Dawy
Flinty90
Mystical
Bluebottle
JulieB
pinkpenny1uk
Rickards
CarmR
Bluesparkle
Mynameis
Mynydd
Paddington
SarahSRE
Jess
Meg
Have heard from Flinty90 as regarding a dateto meet up,also from Dawy, plese select from the following.
MARCH 15, 16 22,OR 29
APRIL 12,13,26, OR 27 AND I WILL GO WITH THE MAJORITY.

U can add me to that list :)

pink daisy
15-01-08, 17:00
and me

domino
15-01-08, 17:12
Hi matt1981 &pink daisey, that makes 17 so far ,this is going really well , it will be lovely to meet you all.When i started this thread i had no idea it would go this well, lets hope we do,nt get many no shows on the day which again is [april 13th ] hugs to all at n,m,p.:yesyes:By the way have changed my user name from rickards to domino. x

Trev
16-01-08, 11:19
Are we going skiing? :cloud9:

Meg
16-01-08, 12:04
Trev

You've got a bike to paint !!

No skiing in Long Eaton.

Trev
16-01-08, 14:31
With global warming, never say never Meg!

A bike to paint? G's or is it a model?

vernon
16-01-08, 15:06
Where is the meet up? i can go most dates depending where it will be.

Trev
16-01-08, 16:04
Long Eaton, just outside Nottingham.

domino
16-01-08, 17:14
we will paint you if your offering trev!!!!!! no bike needed:biggrin:

Meg
16-01-08, 18:14
Vernon,

Check back to page 4 of this thread for all the details on the venue. It's a community art room in Long Eaton.

Trev, if its global warming then it may be water skiing in Long Eaton we'll be doing alomg the Trent valley, rather than snow!

A model bike, something nice to give your Mum !!

Glad to see more people interested. Looking forward to seeing you all.

flinty90
16-01-08, 18:35
yeah this meet is going to be awesome if everyone that says there coming turns up, will be great to put the faces to the text.

Trev
16-01-08, 22:55
I thought a side effect of this global warming was that we'd get snow in Saudi Arabia etc. so I was keeping my fingers crossed for Long Eaton......mind it could do with a few mountains for gravity to work it's magic!!

Trev
16-01-08, 22:56
Domino, blimey I'd better not stand still for too long!!

Meg
16-01-08, 22:58
Just had a quick count up

So far we have a 'want to come' from:

Domino, Happyfeet, Dawny, Gary, Flinty, Bluebottle, Lottie, Trev, Meg Sarahsrs +2, Mystical, Nic, Alex, Matt, Pink Daisey +1, Mynydd, Vernon, Dying Swan, Blue Sparkle, Karen, Julie B.

21 members plus family members !! Excellent. :yesyes:

Sunday April 13th still about 3 months away so numbers may change slightly, but it's certainly looking good right now. :D

Looking forward to it

Meg xx

lorac
17-01-08, 19:20
I would like to come along to the meet up, don't live in that area but husband said it would be a nice day out.

Carol
xx

domino
17-01-08, 20:07
Hi carol, it will be lovely to meet you and your husband, i went to my first meet up last april and really had a good day., i,m sure you will too at this one i,m so pleased with the responce so far, when i stared this thread i had no idea that so many members would show an interest. see you in april. lorraine x:smile:

vernon
17-01-08, 22:39
Thanks meg

Caribou
18-01-08, 14:57
Hi, I would like to come if thats ok and there is room for me? I havn't read all through the thread yet so I don't know all the details yet, but I'd like to meet some more NMP members.

I've heard of Long Eaton...I think I should be able to get a train from Brum to there? I don't think my partner will be able to drive me there. Hope to meet you guys x

vernon
18-01-08, 17:02
will i be the only old one there? 58 lol

lorac
18-01-08, 18:39
Well I'm a very young 47 Vernon.

Carol

julieb
18-01-08, 19:33
i'm 43 vernon x

domino
31-01-08, 18:12
And i,ve just turned 50 vernon:yesyes:

Karen
10-02-08, 09:46
I'm a possible too. My life is a bit up in the air at present but I'd like to come if I can.

Karen

JulieAs45
10-02-08, 11:33
Would love to come to the meet up, is that ok? :)

domino
10-02-08, 11:48
Hi julieas45, it will be great to see you there , this meet up is for everyone , so see you there :welcome:

JulieAs45
15-02-08, 11:35
Thanks domino, I'm really looking forward to it :yesyes:

weeble40
15-02-08, 12:30
Hi everyone I would love to come also so thats me plus hubby plus 5 if thats ok,

Emma xxx

Wendie j
16-02-08, 15:17
Hi everyone:)

just thought id say hello as im coming along to the meet!! a big thankyou to Domino for making me so welcome as im coming on my own and as yet havnt been to a meet so im really looking forward to meeting and getting to know you all.A big thankyou to everyone whos helping to organise this.

Im 33 and I live in Derbyshire so not too far away.

Wendie j xx

domino
16-02-08, 17:47
Wendi, i,m from tamworth so not too far from you either.Take care. x:biggrin:

Mystical
17-02-08, 03:11
Hi there Wendy,

I'm actually in the locality the event is being held in so I wish you a welcome to my part of Derbyshire - what's yours?

Love and light

Mystical

Meg
17-02-08, 12:30
A quick update now as the Long Eaton meet up is just under 2 months away...

Domino, Happyfeet, Dawny, Gary, Flinty, Bluebottle, Lottie, Trev, Meg, Sarahsrs +2, Mystical, Nic, Alex, Matt, Pink Daisey +1, Mynydd, Vernon, Dying Swan, Blue Sparkle, Karen, Julie B, Lorac (Carol), Caribou, JulieAs45, WendyJ, memyself plus 6 others ... have all expressed a wish to come

Thats 26 members plus 8 family/friends

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Love Meg

leisa
17-02-08, 14:07
am new 2 site & really intrested in the meeting up im in birmingham & am quite flexy with dates, would really love 4 anybody 2 let me no about any meetings in my surrounding area as it would so benifit me 2 try & attend,please message me with any details thanx so muchxx

Wendie j
17-02-08, 16:03
Hi to Mystical and Meg be great to meet you.

Wendie j xx

leo05
23-02-08, 03:36
do you need to know now if i can come or not as if so i am a maybe + susie

lea

domino
23-02-08, 14:49
Hi leo, no there,s plenty of time yet, meet up is on the 13 th of april, i will be doing a sort of count around the middle of march, but final numbers will be around the week before, but do,nt worry ,some of us leave it till the day itself, it will be nice to see you there if you can make it.

leo05
24-02-08, 05:03
thanks i will let you know closer to the date if i am a deff

thanks again

lea

leo05
24-02-08, 21:37
ok all i think we are a deff unless something changes but i would love to know if there is any b&bs near and how far it is from hemel or just a postcode to venue
so add leo05 and cheekymonkey plz
many thanks
lea
and would it b ok to bring a cam to take some pics??

domino
25-02-08, 16:58
Hi leo, go to page 5 of this thread.,this will give you the location , i think it,s nearest exit is j25 of m1 if coming by car, long eaton is the nearest station if coming by train.Scroll down a few pages and you will see b& b,s as other members are staying over.Ofcourse you may bring the camera, click away. check out this thread each week as to the up dates , and we look forward to seeing you there.:yesyes:

Mystical
25-02-08, 23:37
Heythere Lea,

You and Susie best make it by the M1 to J24 where you take the A50 to Sawley (Long Eaton is signposted all the way).... when you come to low bridge turn left and follow road to roundabout with pub on left and nursing home on right; turn right and continue on till you see canal bridge ahead... the art room is where road makings indicate a right turn..... then only a hundred yards along that road - the post code will be NG10 XXX so simply look for Derby Road and Leopold Street.

Europa Hotel is right opposite - tell susie to call for rates etc, tho' I would suggest you stay at nearest travel lodge which is off A52 at Wyvern, Derby... only about half hour from venue. All good.... Stu xxxx

sheba2
29-02-08, 20:49
Hello. I'm a bit out of area I live in south lincs. would it be ok if I came too. If so I would have my husband and 6 year old with me. I think it would take about 1.5 hours to get to you. What time do you intend to meet up or is that flexible.

domino
29-02-08, 22:42
Hi sheba2, Anytime from 11 a.m.Do you need directions. look forward to meeting you ,hubbi and your 6 yr old. :yesyes:

Mystical
01-03-08, 04:14
HI there Sheba,

Great to know a family is coming to our meet; I live in Long Eaton so it's weird that the mett is being held in this not so well known town... As for South Lincs... I'm guessing that's down towards Retford or somewhere close - if so just head for the A46 from Newark and take the A52 at the Bottesford roundabout, turning for Nottingham and following the A52 all the way to the M1 South sign at J25 - not the M1 south signs for J24 and the airport. Stay on the A52 till J25 M1 South where you take the slip road to the traffic lights.... the inside lane is marked Long Eaton so you really can't get wrong there... the road curves left and then passes the Novotel to a mini-roundabout - turn right and follow on till a larger roundabout is reached; turn left there (that is onto Derby Road).... and Leopold Street is the last on the right before the easy to notice canal bridge... there are road hatchings at this point.... Turn right and the art room is towards the end of the street on the left hand side.... Hope these directions are suitable... some ppl have tried satnav and found themselves lost when seeking out Long Eaton so it's belt and braces suggestion really... All good wishes to you and yours....

Karen
01-03-08, 08:23
Does satnav not work at all for trying to find the venue then? If I come I always rely on my Tom Tom as I'll be travelling a long way.

Karen

sheba2
01-03-08, 21:23
Thanks domino and mystical especially for directions. I mentioned it to my hubby and he is keen for me to get out and about anywhere after so long of being housebound. I'm really nervous but excited to. I'll keep an eye on the posts and bring something to add to the food list.

happyfeet
01-03-08, 21:38
Sat Nav works Karen

Mystical
02-03-08, 01:45
Nope you won't - I'm 61 CARIBOU

Mystical
02-03-08, 01:51
Some Satnav systems do - I admit - but some don't and just recently there has been a spate of collisions where ppl have found themselves in parts of Long Eaton where there was no room to pass due to cars parked both sides of road.... so be careful - on-street parking here is quite chaotic tho I expect it being a Sunday most of those cars will be ours!! Safe journeys all!

domino
02-03-08, 11:37
Hi everyone, 5 weeks to go now till the meet up. If you would,nt mind could i ask those that have said that they are coming add their names below,There has been sooo much interrest in this meet up, and that,s fantastic, it will save me going though the pages to write the names down.For those of you that will be bringing food for the buffet could i ask that you also but this next to your name . Up date to the meet up will be on the 16th of march. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

pink daisy
02-03-08, 14:13
I am coming and my husband, I will bring food but dont know what yet, as i may be going to scotland first for a couple of days!! Perhaps Wolfie will make some cakes 4 me to bring lol... xxxx

Wendie j
04-03-08, 18:45
Hi All yes im coming and im bringing soft drinks.

Wendie j xxx

weeble40
04-03-08, 20:04
Im coming ill bring any food you want

Emma xxxx

nomorepanic
04-03-08, 21:59
I am coming (and Alex) and won't bring food but will donate some money to those that want to paint a pot etc. I will pay for that.

Karen
05-03-08, 00:14
I'm not sure if I'll make it. Can you put me down as a possible? I've got some stuff to work out first.

Karen xx

leo05
05-03-08, 01:03
me and susie r coming and let us know what food is needed as dont want to bring same as others lol

maybe if there was a list or something saying what sort of food just an idea

lea xx

domino
05-03-08, 13:34
Leo, anything that is suitable for a buffet, sausage rolls, crisps ,nuts, I,m bringing quiches drum sticks, chicken not the ones you would uses to play the drums with lol, get the idea lol. x:smile:

mynydd
05-03-08, 19:02
I am still coming :yesyes: eint got a clue to where but I will find u :wacko: lol

JulieAs45
05-03-08, 19:53
I'm still coming! Will bring crisps, nuts and dips if that's ok as staying in hotel so won't be able to cook.

Julie
:flowers:

Dying_Swan
05-03-08, 21:01
16th March? I thought it was 13th April????????

Dying_Swan
05-03-08, 21:58
Ok so I'm a numpty :D and read it wrong!

Yep I'm still coming! Will bring a veritable feast....

Mystical
06-03-08, 00:39
I was sure it was 13th April - has this changed poeple??

PLease confirm the actual date of the Mid-meet..... thanks.

alexis
06-03-08, 01:24
I thought Id been following this post with a view to coming down the night before, must of missed the change in date, hope you all have a super time,xxxxxxxxx

alexis
06-03-08, 01:46
I think the date is April but update March? Is anyone going from Yorkshire, I am considering and would drive or meet on train before and stay over on the Sat if anyone fancied it,xxx

pink daisy
06-03-08, 09:52
It hasnt change date!! Its still the 13th of April.. Domino just said that she is going to give us a update on the 16th of march just to say whos coming and bringing what food etc...

sheba2
06-03-08, 13:04
Yep me hubby and six year old daughter will be coming. Will bring scones, jam and butter. Ham sandwiches for little one as that is what she likes best and anything else we need.

I am so excited about this. Can anyone tell me is there any protocol to these things as I've never been before and I like to know what to expect so that anxiety hopefully can be kept to a minimum. Thanks.

domino
06-03-08, 18:07
Hi have p.m,d you, look forward to meeting you.

sheba2
07-03-08, 22:12
Sorry to be a pain domino but your pm just said hi and that you'd answered my post. But don't worry I'll just take it as it is on the day. Just being my usual anxious self. Oh and I hate being a nuisance but I'm having therapy for that lol

pink daisy
15-03-08, 16:36
can i ask what time the room is booked untill?

bluebottle
18-03-08, 13:32
I'd love a lift Stu. Unless other people are coming with me. Julie lol?

flinty90
18-03-08, 15:16
im still comin guys, will bring pork pies and sausage rolls lol.. might even bring some pickle for them too hehe, cant wait..

JulieAs45
24-03-08, 11:08
Bluebottle ? lol

kellie
27-03-08, 19:59
hiya all just thought id post and let you know im comeing along as well and bringing my hubbie and daughter. i hope that ok with everyone plz be sure to let me know if there is a problem with this at all. thanks .

kellie xxxxxx

hope im not gate crashing pink daisey did invite me along lol.
take care all .xxxxxxxx

weeble40
27-03-08, 20:28
i cant wait not much longer to wait now, Kellie you better be there lol

Emma xxxx

pink daisy
27-03-08, 20:33
If she doesen't behave dont blame me!! ok lol xx

domino
27-03-08, 20:37
Do,nt foget there will be an up date this sunday {30th}:bighug1:

Mystical
28-03-08, 00:38
Kelllie,

Of course you're not gatecrashing the party and it will be good to see children and partners too!

Love and Light to the family.....

kellie
28-03-08, 10:06
thanx all. i will be there emma dont worry lol, and yes if i dont behave it will be all daiseys fault, she is so a bad influance on me, lmao. im excited now i carnt wait lol. see you all soon.

kellie .xxxxxxxxxx

pink daisy
28-03-08, 13:57
Well.. Nic is going to the meet, So she will be able to see who thehttp://th148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/blondefactor/th_angelglitter1.gif Is......... lol xxxx

Meg
29-03-08, 23:33
Hello All,

Getting closer to our meetup now.

Just to confirm it is on Sunday 13th April

Long Eaton ART ROOM
Unit 11 Harrington Mills
Long Eaton
Nottingham
NG10 4QE

Time: 11am -3pm

To date we have Domino, Happyfeet, Dawny, Gary, Flinty, Bluebottle, Lottie, Trev, Meg, Sarahsrs +2, Mystical, Nic, Alex, Matt, Pink Daisey +1, Mynydd, Vernon, Dying Swan, Blue Sparkle, Karen, Julie B, Lorac (Carol), Caribou, JulieAs45, WendyJ, memyself and family , Leo05, cheeky monkey, sheba2 and family, Alexis and Kellie all coming.

Any changes to this list that anyone knows of ?

We have asked for a large mixed box of paint-a-pot items but if anyone wants to order a specific item to do on the day then please browse the catalogue on http://www.studiobisque.co.uk and let us know what you'd like to do and I'll get a price on each individual item requested. Please pm me or with these individual requests asap.

If you do a paint a pot, these then need to be dipped and fired and will be sent on to you by post a couple of weeks later.

There seems to be enough food being brought so looking forward to a varied picnic there.

Looking forward to seeing you all then. Do email me with any questions or queries

Love

Meg and Happyfeet

alexis
30-03-08, 00:26
Hi Meg, going to try to make it but not definite, driving to East Midlands tomorrow, furthest ive driven so see how it goes, I hope you are well.xxx

domino
30-03-08, 03:53
Hello all ,Was going to give you an up date today but it seems that meg has already done one, so see you there.

bluesparkle
30-03-08, 11:54
i am really struggling to get time off work... but ive not given up yet...
i will be so disapointed if i cant make it...
but im afraid i will have to let you know in the week if im a definate or not
rach
x

Wendie j
31-03-08, 14:30
Hi everyone :)

yes im still coming look forward to meeting everyone there!!

Wendie j xxx

nomorepanic
31-03-08, 22:18
Alex and I are making a weekend of it and staying at the Holiday Inn just off junction 25 on the Saturday night if anyone else is around.

Wolfie
31-03-08, 22:56
Ok, guys, ehm, I was just wondering if it's alright if I can tag along?? :)

Wolfie xx

nomorepanic
31-03-08, 23:27
The more the merrier Wolfie - of course you are welcome

Wolfie
31-03-08, 23:42
Yayy! :) Thank you! :) :) :)

Wolfie xxxxxxxxx

pink daisy
01-04-08, 01:01
Awww wolfie that's great hun xxx

domino
01-04-08, 17:08
Hi guys this is open to everyone.:yesyes:

SarahSRE
01-04-08, 21:25
Hi

Yes, still coming along. Look forward to seeing you all.

Can't remember what food i'm bringing but will have a look back at the posts to find it.

How exciting!

Hugs

Sarah x

kellie
02-04-08, 10:34
omg i didnt realise ppl were bringing food. im more than willing to bring some to. can the ppl who are bringing some plz plz send me a pm and tell me what they are bringing so i can sort what i bring.

thanks all.:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
kellie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wolfie
02-04-08, 10:51
People are bringing food? O_O Awww geez - is it ok if I just bring jun food? Lol. =S

Wolfie xxxxxx

Wolfie
02-04-08, 10:52
I meant junk**

pink daisy
02-04-08, 11:52
bring April food Wolfie lol.... Im not sure wot to bring either am travling from scotland night b4 or less some of us bring drink??

leo05
07-04-08, 20:15
hi peeps just wondering if anyone is staying over on sat? and if so what hotels etc as i am looking for somewhere close to the venue

lea xx

leo05
08-04-08, 01:04
well all booked up in the novotel hotel so if anyone is near there on the sat and wants to meet up
i should b around lol

love n hugs
lea xx

pink daisy
08-04-08, 10:07
So Shall we all discuss what food we bring now? hahahaha I still dont know what to bring lol...

Dying_Swan
08-04-08, 11:27
Yep good idea.

I think I said I was bringing a veritable feast, but not sure that I am now :winks:

I'm staying over the night before so can only really bring 'non-perishable' stuff. Don't mind what - crisps, chocolate, drinks? Or in theory I could stop at a shop that morning I guess. What time are we meeting? I've forgotten :blush:

sheba2
08-04-08, 12:34
Help I'm getting really nervous. Have you all been to a meet up before. Do you all know each other already.

I'm really looking forward to this but am scared too in case I have a major panic. Anybody else feeling like this.

flinty90
08-04-08, 13:24
Sheba , im sure that if you had a panic attack love your going to be in best place to have one lol. we all know the signs and we have all had them , one advantage is that we are all understanding and supportive of each other , dont worry sheba you just come and have a great time hun , im sure most of us are anxious but intrigued to meet each other. look forward to seeing you there.
xx:yesyes:

dawny
08-04-08, 13:33
hi all,

really sorry, but i cant make the meet up.....

....as we finally moved to isle of skye about a month ago

....im very sad i was longing to meet with you all xxxxx

have a great day everyone

love and cuddles dawny xxxxxx

pink daisy
08-04-08, 14:53
Hi sheba Not many of us has been to a meet up hun, Everyone is really in the same boat,no one is going to put pressure on anyone ok so the pace u go is all up 2 you.. you can sit out side or go 4 a walk when ever u want or just leave.. so there is no pressure whats so ever im sure you will have a good time hun xx

pink daisy
08-04-08, 14:58
FOOD

Should we bring all seprate or shall we bring like a part of savoury for lunch and then a junkie food etc... and a drink so then we might have enoutgh of both for everyone. what do u think??

Or set out stuff for people to bring??

flinty90
08-04-08, 16:23
pink you still bloomin obsessing about food lol. jut bring what ya like lol.. im bringing pork pies and sausage rolls and perhaps a jar of branston pickle lol..
Just bring some nibblies for us all to munch on in between painting our pots hehehe xx

nomorepanic
08-04-08, 23:40
Do we have a final list on who is coming and does everyone have at least one mobile number they can call if they get lost or can't make it?

Details are..

Just to confirm it is on Sunday 13th April

Long Eaton ART ROOM
Unit 11 Harrington Mills
Long Eaton
Nottingham
NG10 4QE

Time: 11am -3pm

leo05
09-04-08, 00:30
i will be there also will be with susie and yeah i have a moby just need a contact numb lol
i am also willing to let ppl have my numb if they feel like they will need it

hugs n love

lea xx

Mystical
09-04-08, 02:40
I will be God willing

Mystically yours ... a.k.a. Stu xxxx

There is a TESCO Express within a 100 yards or so of the traffic roundabout that connnects the road from the hotels to Derby Road, off which lie the Art Room and once there ASDA and a larger TESCO are only a short walk or drive away.

happyfeet
09-04-08, 21:41
Hi everyone,

im really looking forward to seeing you all on sunday.

Just to let anyone thats staying over on the saturday know that we have arrange a table at http://www.jasminegarden.co.uk/ for around 7.45pm so anyone that is at a loose end is more than welcome to join us.

so far we have:- Happyfeet
Meg
Lottie
Gary
Nic
Alex

so all welcome

P.s we have put some pictures of the Artroom up on the artroom website http://www.leartroom.co.uk/for those people that have phone and asked about the layout of the place!!

Take care,

Jess xx

kazzie
09-04-08, 21:52
Ohhhhhh wish I could make it......sadly no pet sitter could be had:mad:

Hope you all have a brilliant time:yesyes:

Dont forget lotsa piccies please:yesyes:

And to those of you who feel nervous please dont worry:D when you get there the nerves will just melt away and if you do panic well you are among friends:yesyes:

Enjoy everyone:yesyes:

Kaz x x x:hugs:

alexis
09-04-08, 23:53
I wont be attending now, but for any of you who are nervous about the meet, dont be, Ive been to a couple now and everyone is or was in the same boat, youll all be fine.xx

domino
10-04-08, 10:51
Hello guys Well i,m not going to be able to make this meet up , due to veiwings that can only get seen this sunday, for those of you that will be going ,have a great day, sorry again ,but there was no way i could cancel these veiwings. {STATE OF THE HOUSING MARKET AND ALL THAT}:mad:

JulieAs45
10-04-08, 13:05
Aww Domino that's such a shame especially as you have been so busy helping organise it all. :ohmy:

Hope the house viewings are successful for you! :yesyes:

Take care hun and thanx.

Julie
:flowers:

JulieAs45
10-04-08, 17:40
I know the food situation, but do we need to bring our own drinks or is there somewhere to buy them there?

happyfeet
10-04-08, 17:55
Hi ,

Tea and Coffee and cordial will be provided , but anything else you need to bring yourselves.

No Alcohol please .

sheba2
11-04-08, 16:45
I can't find any mention of fees/prices for this meet up. I realise that the pots etc will need to be purchased but is there a charge for the hire of the room etc.

Just like to know if possible. Thanks.

flinty90
11-04-08, 17:38
sheba you just have to pay me a £500 admission charge or i wont let you in the door lol..

not really sure sheba i think its just afew quid for your pot i think ???

flinty90
11-04-08, 17:41
sorry sheba just found this post on 3rd page of this topic
Quote "
O k, slight change of plan,Jess has very kindly got us in at a work shop in long eaton near nottingham, pls go to www.leartroom.co.uk (http://www.leartroom.co.uk/) and have a look. We can have the room for free, and parking is free too.It,s her original idea of a "paint a pot party", if everyone bought an item of food we could set up a buffet,there is a kitchen we can use,it,s close to a tesco,s and an asda and the artroom is on the canel bank if anyone fancied a walk. Jess has booked us in for the 13th april. I know that this was going to be confirmed on friday but as the room is free that sunday i did,nt see the point of waiting till then.I hope this alright with everyone, and could we pls thank jess and meg for their help in getting this meet up arranged.:yesyes:pAINT A POT IS JUST £3.

hope this helps xx

nomorepanic
11-04-08, 18:50
I am paying for anyone that wants to paint a pot - my gift to you all.