PDA

View Full Version : Not Coping Well

Tigress
05-01-08, 03:25
Hi all,

Thought it was about time I introduced myself.

I became agoraphobic 25 yrs ago whilst expecting my 2nd baby. I was totally housebound for a year until I found a Dr Claire Weeks book............brilliant, my bible.

For the next 19 years I was mostly recovered though still not keen to venture too far, lol.

About 5 yrs ago I started suffering from anxiety due to circumstances at that time (labelled with acute anxiety disorder) I developed a fear of swallowing hence eating probs and weight loss. I've been hyperventilating on and off all this time but it has recently become a daily habit since I caught a cold back in October. I now have issues with my breathing convinced I've got all sorts of serious illnesses and I caught another cold 4 weeks ago which is still ongoing . I will post in more detail in appropriate forum as I really need help with this, it's ruling my life and making me so unhappy. I have been to gp twice recently and given the all clear chest wise, just not convinced .

I've had many of the symptoms associated with nervous illness, some have gone, some I've learn't to live with and some I have now which I need help with. I hope I can offer some help too as so many 'new to nervous suffering' are clearly bewildered.

Despite all this I teach line dancing, very tensely at times, lol, but to give up would be to give in...........

Is there anyone here from the south of England? Feeling very lonely :weep:

Sue x

groovygranny
05-01-08, 05:26
Hello Sue:welcome: to you!

May I say what a brave lady you sound! I know how you feel about the line dancing. My passion is belly dancing - and it has helped my social anxiety no end! I have absolutely no intention of giving it up - and I always stand at the back lol !!:blush:

I'm sure you'll be able to give lots of help and support here as well as receive it - glad you joined us!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Nibbles
05-01-08, 11:46
Hi Sue and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

manmoor
05-01-08, 12:12
Hi Sue,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

dimblonde
05-01-08, 12:27
Hiya Sue :hugs:

I really feel for you and can sympathise with the Swallowing fear, although mine was defined as a fear of choking, it can be similar...

I too had drastic weight loss, I lived on soup and yoghurts for years and at 5 foot 7 when my weight went below 8 stone I panicked, that was the start of it for me...Anxiety :weep:

You sound like an amazing lady to have coped this long with it :)

Sending you massive :hugs: to help you through the day and as others have said I am sure you will find this forum a great place to be when you feel like this...

belle
05-01-08, 12:41
Hi and welcome :)

I can relate to a lot of what you have said.

x

Lindalou64
05-01-08, 12:45
HELLO SUE AND WELCOME TO THE SITE IM SURE YOU WILL FIND LOTS OF SUPPORT AS YOU CAN ALSO GIVE SOME.........WISH YA THE BEST.....LINDA

nomorepanic
05-01-08, 18:26
Hi Sue

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

trac67
05-01-08, 19:32
Hi Sue,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Where in the south are you ? as im in Hampshire

Love

Trac xxx

Tigress
05-01-08, 20:21
Hi all again

many thanks for the warm welcome :)

I am in West Sussex Trac, just next door! Use to go to Portsmouth lots greyhound racing and also I O W holidays, not been there for 3 years :weep:

Had no option but to take on the line dancing as my daughter who taught it moved to Bracknell one day ......literally! Was very daunting for a couple of years but feel more confident with it now, even teach my youngest daughters school teacher. A few months ago we danced on stage in the local theatre, twice!! Next day I was a nervous wreck :wacko: ........doesn't make sense does it?!

My eating disorder is a liquid diet at its worst, ie complan, farleys rusks lol, but has been pretty ok lately, roast duck 'n all the trimmings at Christmas, too much chocolate, cake, dessert and cream but i

Tigress
05-01-08, 20:28
Oops hit the wrong button on keyboard and posted before I'd finished :wacko:

Was just going to say I've gained a few pounds, hit the 8 stone mark at long last.:yesyes:

speak soon
Sue x

groovygranny
05-01-08, 20:46
A few months ago we danced on stage in the local theatre, twice!! Next day I was a nervous wreck :wacko: ........doesn't make sense does it?!

Er, makes perfect sense Sue !! I took part in a belly dancing DVD back in August and the same thing happened!! Managed to get through the performance day but the next ...ugggh! It didn't stay around long though thank goodness.

Well Done for your weight gain :flowers: - my class starts again on Tuesday and I'm hoping I can shimmy away a few mince pies and clotted cream lol [/URL]!![URL="http://iesmileys.com/"]http://iesmileys.com/img/party/iesmileys1439.gif (http://iesmileys.com/)

:hugs: :hugs: