PDA

View Full Version : I am worrying about my health anxiety.

owen
05-01-08, 06:51
I usually have health anxiety really bad and I worry and worry everyday .I usually try to avoid going out because I worry that something might happen. I don't feel that way today .I have been out and with no worries all day and nothing has happened and I haven't been anxious doe this mean that something bad is going to happen or am I so used to worrying it seems weird not to worry?

cassi23
05-01-08, 09:31
Sounds to me like you have taken a positive step here owen! Good for you and well done for not worrying. Its a vicious circle, but worrying about not worrying will only make you feel worse so enjoy it! Nothing bad is going to happen because you are not worrying!

Good luck with your recovery xxxxxxx

chalky
05-01-08, 15:30
Hi Owen,

Great to hear about your positive day.
Sometimes when we are in the grips of "worry",we have to force ourselves to do the things which inspire fear in us.It is only by fighting our fear and being persistent that we can learn that we are not actually placing ourselves in danger.Building up a "bank" of such experiences can provide us with confidence and will eventually lead us towards recovery.
We have been locked into a cycle of fear that becomes "normal" for us to the extent that days such as you have had appear abnormal.Redressing that is the answer to our problems.
Keep up your good and inspiring work.
Best wishes,
Chalky

owen
21-01-08, 07:39
Hi Owen,

Great to hear about your positive day.
Sometimes when we are in the grips of "worry",we have to force ourselves to do the things which inspire fear in us.It is only by fighting our fear and being persistent that we can learn that we are not actually placing ourselves in danger.Building up a "bank" of such experiences can provide us with confidence and will eventually lead us towards recovery.
We have been locked into a cycle of fear that becomes "normal" for us to the extent that days such as you have had appear abnormal.Redressing that is the answer to our problems.
Keep up your good and inspiring work.
Best wishes,
ChalkyThanks for your reply.

owen
28-01-08, 08:26
I am a 21 y/o F.. i have had physicals, MRI's, CT scans EKG's everything comes back fine, but i have been having anxiety attacks, and have been worrying excessivly. BESIDES perscriptions, how can I stop worrying? Any tips? I feel like I have never been like this before untill this year, and it's getting the best of me

neptuno
28-01-08, 19:13
Hey Owen !
You've already taken a huge step by going out and feeling great ! By doing this you didn't allow yourself to get overwhelmed by your inner mind trying to put you off. And that's the secret. Fill your mind and time with stuff that really interests you, that lets you relax menatally and physically. The more you can do this, the less you will be impressed by those anxious niggles.
For tips on panic busting , have a llok at www.emofree.com (http://www.emofree.com)
Be kind to yourself

owen
07-02-08, 09:15
Hey Owen !
You've already taken a huge step by going out and feeling great ! By doing this you didn't allow yourself to get overwhelmed by your inner mind trying to put you off. And that's the secret. Fill your mind and time with stuff that really interests you, that lets you relax menatally and physically. The more you can do this, the less you will be impressed by those anxious niggles.
For tips on panic busting , have a llok at www.emofree.com (http://www.emofree.com)
Be kind to yourselfThanks for your answer.