PDA

View Full Version : agoraphic and anxiety really bad

tina32
05-01-08, 21:52
:weep: hi all new to this site and my story is a long one, well here goes, try not to fall asleep whilst reading it lol:smile: well i have suffered with anxiety since 1999 when i found my dad dead due to suicide, and have been on sertraline since then has they were the only meds that helpped the most plus less side effects, took me a long time to finally start to feel myself again, had some ups and downs since then ie ex husband having an affair, getting divorced,daughter 11 living with me and son 15 living with his dad. oh and just recently in the last 18 months a suicidle mother whohas rang me up whilst taking overdoses and telling me that she is preparing me for the worst. anyway in the mean time i have a new partner who is wonderful and after 5 years of being together proposed to me over christmas. the thing is i was coping so well that 4 months ago i became pregnant and my doctor took me of my sertraline 50mg just like that and well i hit rock bottom with my anxiety and agoraphobia so went back to doctors and explained that it was inpossible for me to cope like this and she suggested a older antidepressant which was imipramine, well that made me even worse and the best thing about it was i had looked up about my sertraline and there was a 1% risk but the doctor still said no way. at 9 weeks pregnant i had a tablet form abortion which was the worst thing i have ever had to do but i felt i had no choice. doctor put me back on sertraline and within 2 weeks i felt better, my anxiety is still there but a little bit more managable but i feel so guilty in what i did but i had no choice, i feel like a faliure at the moment and i blame my doctor for being so negative about my medication, i wouldlove to try for another baby but would also like to stay on my meds hope someone can give me some advice and support thanks tina x:blush: if i think that i would be better on my meds should it be left to me to decide when pregnant as alot of my friends have been able to stay on their ssri meds x

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

trac67
05-01-08, 22:13
Hi Tina,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends, we have a thread running at the moment where we post daily about our steps to overcome our agoraphobia and we support one another with it, I have posted the link to it below, feel free to join in with it if you feel it may help you too :

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=24387

Love

Trac xxxx

groovygranny
05-01-08, 22:30
Hello tina:welcome:to you!

Big :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: for you - what an absolutely awful time you've had.

Have you tried asking another doctor for a second opinion? It won't do any harm to find out, especially if there may be a way forward for you to still take your medication and be pregnant.

Glad you joined us here - you'll get plenty of help and support.

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

doglover
05-01-08, 22:36
Hi Tina,
Im still new here too but its a great site and very friendly. You have dealt with so much, I'm sure you will get some great advice from everyone on here.
Donna x

pink daisy
05-01-08, 23:14
Hi Tina,

Awww Hun you have been through so much... I had an abortion at age 18 through suffering from being Agoraphobic, So I know Its really hard to deal with. Glad you found this site hun, I have made alot of good friends on here and Im sure you will too xx

Believe
05-01-08, 23:47
Hello Tina,

Welcome to the site. Hope that you make friends and get great advice. As Trac said hun, join that group they are great with each other.

Hope to see you around.

Take Care
Tina xxxxxxxxx

manmoor
06-01-08, 00:51
Hi Tina,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Lindalou64
06-01-08, 13:12
HELLO TINA AND WELCOME TO THE SITE I WISH YOU WELL..........LINDA

Star
06-01-08, 13:31
Welcome to the site Tina! xxx

Nibbles
06-01-08, 15:56
Hi Tina and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. I'm sorry to hear you have had such a difficult time, have some big hugs. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Take care,

Mike :)

Southern_Belle
06-01-08, 16:11
Hi Tina,

Welcome to NMP. You have been through many ordeals, I know the support from this site will help you.

Hugs,

Laura

tina32
06-01-08, 18:59
Hi Tina,

Awww Hun you have been through so much... I had an abortion at age 18 through suffering from being Agoraphobic, So I know Its really hard to deal with. Glad you found this site hun, I have made alot of good friends on here and Im sure you will too xx
have i done this right

nomorepanic
08-01-08, 19:44
Hi Tina

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Have a good read of the website pages on the left here and you will pick up some great advice and tips for coping.