PDA

View Full Version : Carol

Carol27
06-01-08, 19:59
Hi,
I am new to the forum, its great to be able to chat. i have anxiety which developed into panic after the deaths of my parents and a dear aunt, all within 6 months of each other. It is going to sound silly but my anxiety manifests itself in terrifying thoughts, this began at my Mothers funeral when a religious friend of hers came up to me and asked if i read the bible every day, i told her i was not overly religious to which she replied you should read it every day or you will get possessed by demons. As i was very low and vulnerable that thought stuck and terrifies me into panic, if i see a movie trailer etc that can be enough to bring on a panic attack and all its symptoms. I'm beginning to wonder if i'm going crazy. i'm in my 40s and thought myself a rational woman until all this, thanks for listening.

doglover
06-01-08, 20:15
Hi Carol.
Im so sorry for the losses of your parents and aunt. To lose so many people in such a short time its not surprising you are suffering from this awful anxiety/panic.
I hope you will find support and understanding here. I am still new here myself and its been a great comfort knowing others are going through the same thing.
Donna x

kate
06-01-08, 20:15
Hi Carol, Welcome to the forum :D

Kate

Nibbles
06-01-08, 20:46
Hi Carol and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Granny Primark
06-01-08, 21:02
Hi carol,
Welcome to this brill site.
Years ago i lost my mum. I was only 29 at the time and was totally gutted.
I remember talking to a fellow worker (a care assistant in a nursing home) and telling him of my mothers death. He asked me if my mum went to church before she died. I replied no. He then said then she wouldnt be in the kingdom of heaven!
I was devastated. The guy was a born again christian.
Christian? No way! People who have hearts dont talk like that.
Please ignore your mothers friend.

There is loads of support and empathy from people who are going through exactly the same as you on this site.

Take care
LYNN xx

Lindalou64
06-01-08, 22:10
HELLO CAROL AND WELCOME TO THE SITE I WISH YOU WELL.....LINDA

groovygranny
06-01-08, 23:46
Hello Carol:welcome: to you!

My goodness - you most definitely do not sound silly at all!

I have a faith, and I don't say this judgementaly, but I think your mother's 'friend' was very insensitive to your feelings - therefore being in total contradiction of the Christian teaching to 'cry with those that cry'. I feel the same about Lynn's co-worker. Only my personal opinion of course, as I believe God wants spiritual fruits not religious nuts!

Well, you are NOT going crazy and you'll find plenty of help and support here - from all of us, as we're all in the same boat paddling frantically, but hopefully, in the same direction lol!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

trac67
07-01-08, 00:00
Hi Carol,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Carol27
07-01-08, 08:28
Thank you all so much for the wonderful welcome, i'm so scared at the moment and fear these awful thoughts will never leave so it's so good to know i'm not alone.

manmoor
07-01-08, 09:40
Hi Carol,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

kellie
07-01-08, 09:56
hi carol welcome to the site. please try to ignore what the insensative lady said to you it was not only nasty but very untrue. you will get lots of support here and make lots of new freinds just like i have. hope to see you in the chat room. hope you have a better new year take care kellie .

Southern_Belle
07-01-08, 15:28
Hi Carol,

Welcome to NMP. You will find many here feel the same way you do and you will get a lot of support.

Hugs,

Laura

chalky
07-01-08, 15:38
Hi Carol,

Welcome to NMP.
You will get loads of help and advice here.
I have heard similar things said to grieving relatives also. By the same token,I have heard many wonderfully sympathetic things said.It is "normal" for the bad things to stick in your mind.Hopefully,with time,this will fade into the back of your mind.
You have come through a very tough time recently.
I know great strides forward can be achieved through NMP.With hard work,you will improve.
Best wishes,
Chalky

nomorepanic
08-01-08, 19:43
Hi Carol

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Have a good read of the website pages on the left here and you will pick up some great advice and tips for coping.

SharonDerby
08-01-08, 21:37
Hi Carol
As you can see you are not alone hun, this lady who said that too you is very wrong for saying what she said, like someone above said no decent person would say something like that.
Come here ev day and chat to people who really care and understand how you are feeling, i'm sure you will start to think more clearly and won't be as scared.
Take care
Sharon :)