PDA

View Full Version : Aches and Pains!

eaglepride52
07-01-08, 03:03
Hi Everyone!

I am 19 and 5 and a half weeks ago I was admitted to the hospital with Pancreatitis. Right after I got out I returned to college and started having horrible chest pains. I have been assured by one cardiologist that my heart is fine, but often times I feel dizzy, lightheaded, and a general feeling like I'm going to pass out. Also, I have shooting pains in my head, ears, eyes, neck, arms, legs, and basically everywhere in my body. My blood work has been coming back fine but I am worried that something is horribly wrong and I am on the verge of death. Could anyone give me some advice? I didn't have any of these pains until I started worrying so much so I think its anxiety but I'm not sure. Please help, it feels like my body is breaking down

cherrypie1987
07-01-08, 17:02
Hi,

Sorry to hear that your feeling like this. I thought you might be relieved to find out that just over a year ago I had bad acid reflux and would wake up in the night having panic attacks about a month before my driving test. This was such an anxious time for me and I was always down in the dumps. I was back and forth to the doctors having test for this that and the other and all came back fine. then I started to get worse was sick nearly everyday and just feeling low all of the time. My doctor prescribed me all these different types of medications that seemed to 'help' at the time, i must have been on about 6 prescriptions at once.
Then after i had been off work for a month my mum suggested i take st johns wort which made me start thinking rationally and stop worrying.
I took this for about a month and felt fine, i had my confidence back and came off all the medications from the doctor.

Sorry if this doesnt sound relevant to you but I am trying to say that the more worried and anxious you get, the more your body will suffer. and believe me the symptoms are so real. Try and relax and see if that helps you at all. I know its easier said than done.

All the best.

PM me if you need anymore advice.

Amy :]

breeze25
07-01-08, 18:20
Just wanted to say I hope you feel better soon, definately sounds like anxiety symptoms, and panic attacks, as suggested try and relax. I tried guided relaxatin cd's and found them very helpful.