PDA

View Full Version : New panic attack

PanicsAlot
07-01-08, 23:49
Hello,

I have registered as I am currently having a panic attack, annoying this is that I'm absolutely knackered and just want to go to sleep...problem is everytime I clse my eyes, I'm convinced my left side is going numb and then I feel like I can't breathe...or I get a throb pain in my head and I feel I'm about to die or at least pass out. It's all very stereotypical of panic attacks, just wish this one would stop now so that I can go to sleeeeeep!! Even noises from my computer scares me, which makes me jump, so I think my heart is about to stop...ARGH!

trac67
07-01-08, 23:50
Hi katie,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxxx

PanicsAlot
07-01-08, 23:57
Thank you trac...just wish there was some way of stopping the current attack Im having...but then I'm thinking that aren't I...when I should be calming myself down!! Vicious cycle really...I just want to get some sleep!!

chalky
07-01-08, 23:59
Hi Katie,

Welcome to NMP !!!

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

It's good that you recognize and understand what is happening during your attack.
The old maxim of "This too shall pass" does apply despite your current feelings.
Joining this Site recently has led me to a much better place than I have been inhabiting-mentally and physically-for a long time.
I am sure you will benefit from the support and advice on offer here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

PanicsAlot
08-01-08, 00:01
Thank you chalky! I'm going to keep saying that to myself, even though the over riding thing at the mo, is that I'm going t die!! Eek, I'm very much a stereotypical worrier/panic attack candidate!

nomorepanic
08-01-08, 00:07
The best thing you can do is breathing

In through the nose - count to 4 - then exhale through mouth for 4

repeat over and over - it will calm u

Welcome by the way!

debera
08-01-08, 00:10
hi qnd welcome katie
love debera :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

SANDYJANE
08-01-08, 09:09
hi and a big warm welcome

love sandyjane xxx

PanicsAlot
08-01-08, 15:27
Hello everyone!!
Thank you for all your help last night, not sure how I ended up falling asleep but I did...

PanicsAlot
08-01-08, 15:29
Trac, just wanted to say how much I love the quote under your name! Im going to start repeating that to myself! :)

Hi katie,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxxx

Lindalou64
08-01-08, 15:45
hello katiew and welcome to the site i wish you well..linda

Nibbles
08-01-08, 17:24
Hi Katie and :welcome:

I hope you're feeling better now. You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

groovygranny
08-01-08, 17:54
Hello Katie:welcome: to you!

Glad you joined us and that you're now feeling better :hugs: !

Hopefully the help, support and information on this site will help you break that vicious circle!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers: