PDA

View Full Version : New here.

colin
08-01-08, 08:11
My name is Colin and I suffer from panic attacks and anxiety. I am at this moment having a panic attack or I'm dying one of the two. I'm feeling a tightness in or on my upper chest it has been going on for a couple of weeks now, I only get it when I'm not doing anything when I do physical thinks it goes away. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

kellie
08-01-08, 08:19
hi colin welcome to nmp. let me reasure you that you are not dieing and the pains in your chest are very common with anx and panic. they can last for wks at a time i have had them on and of for months now and yes they do go when your mind is distracted. have you had a check with your doc just to reasure you? hope you find this site as helpful as i have and i look forward to seeing you in the chat room. take care kellie.

colin
08-01-08, 08:23
Hi Kellie

I've had three ECG's in the last two years...they were all clear. Thanks for your reply.

ladygrom
08-01-08, 08:54
hi colin welcome to nmp youl get loads of info and make new friends your not alone and i agree with my lovely m8 kell chest pains re common anxiety symtom last for days weeks months i to have them and omg think its my heart but doc says its not .tc elaine xx

doglover
08-01-08, 10:30
Hi Colin,
i get the same and have also had ECG's which have been fine. I also have alot of upper back pain which causes the tightness in the chest but it is sometimes one without the other. It sucks. Welcome to the forum.
Donna x

colin
08-01-08, 11:05
Thanks for your replys. I've let myself get too high I'm very sensitized at the moment...have to go to work soon. If I could only convince myself that it's anxiety and not my heart. Thank you again for being so nice.

Colin.

dawny
08-01-08, 11:09
hi colin,

welcome to nmp.

love dawny x

Lilith1980
08-01-08, 12:15
Hi Colin, welcome to NMP :)

IrishPrincess
08-01-08, 12:25
Heya Colin,

Welcome to nmp:hugs: .We are all in the same boat and have all had all sorts of syptoms,have a read of the posts or come in to the chat room,there's is always some one to chat to.

IrirshPrincess:hugs:

Keep your heart open to dreams,
For as long as there's a dream,
There is hope,
And as long as there's hope,
There is joy in living.

Lindalou64
08-01-08, 12:46
HELLO COLIN AND WELCOME TO THE SITE I WISH YOU WELL...........LINDA

pink daisy
08-01-08, 14:23
Hi Colin

WeLcome to nmp... Im glad that just reading some post made you feel abit better already!! You will get alot of help here and good advice too.
And If you want to make some good friends along the way come in chat where u can get advice and help straight away aswell as have a laugh and that's one of the best therapies around...

Pink Daisey

chalky
08-01-08, 14:25
Hi Colin,

Welcome to NMP.

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will find loads of advice and support available here.
Hope work goes okay today.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Nibbles
08-01-08, 17:21
Hi Colin and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. The chest pains are because your muscles are tense due to anxiety but exercise relaxes them which is why you don't feel it on the go. Exercising also burns off excess adrenaline so is a really good way of controlling anxiety.

Take care,

Mike :)

groovygranny
08-01-08, 17:50
Hello Colin:welcome: to you!

Good to see you've received some good advice already - and there's plenty of help and support here too!

Hope you're feeling a little better :hugs:

Pleased to meet you!

:)

nomorepanic
08-01-08, 19:40
Hi Colin

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Have a good read of the website pages on the left here and you will pick up some great advice and tips for coping.

margaret911
08-01-08, 21:52
Hi Colin
Welcome to nmp, hope to see you in chat sometime. Take care.
love Mags xx:hugs:

PanicsAlot
08-01-08, 21:56
Hi Colin,

I joined last night and said practically the same thing as you have. You'll be fine, and being on here does actually help, to hear from other people telling you theyve been through it or how to cope with it and that youre not going mad or going to die...because youre not!

Just remember to keep breathing but try not to think about breathing as it may make you feel worse.

x

PanicsAlot
08-01-08, 22:02
Hi Colin, just keep saying calmly out loud, 'this is just a panic attack' over and over, I find this helps.

Thanks for your replys. I've let myself get too high I'm very sensitized at the moment...have to go to work soon. If I could only convince myself that it's anxiety and not my heart. Thank you again for being so nice.

Colin.

SharonDerby
08-01-08, 22:12
Hi Colin and welcome.
The pains in your chest will pass trust us, they are a result of anxiety and won't cause you any real harm i know it's difficult to believe cos they are very frightening but they won't hurt you and your heart isn't in trouble infact it's doing it's job just fine :)

Sharon :)

trac67
08-01-08, 22:32
Hi Colin,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx