PDA

View Full Version : Vomiting & Diarrhoea side effects

Kate408
08-01-08, 16:40
Hi,

I suffered quite badly with my panics about a year and a half ago, so they put me on medication. I couldn't take the ones they wanted me to because they had common side effects of vomiting & diarrhoea.

(I have a SERIOUS fear of being sick, and therefore of having diarrhoea.)

The medication I took was not helpful and I requested to come off, and did so.

Unfortunately my panics have returned and I have been advised to see a very good psychiatrist (costing a couple of hundred pounds), who will be able to tell me what the best medication to take is.

I do not want to feel sedated as I did last time - I almost fell off my chair at work on the last lot, and I was so slow talking my speech seemed slurred.

However much i'm desperate to get better, my fear of vomiting means that I know that I will not be able to actually put the pill in my mouth even if I get as far as paying for the prescription!!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Kate

belle
08-01-08, 16:49
Hi there..

I have emetophobia too. When i was given my medication i was also given an anti-emetic to stop the sickness. I've taken the anti-emet but not the SSRI, i don't fancy the other side effects of dizziness, heightened anxiety/panic really. I'll pass :)

x

Kate408
09-01-08, 12:52
Hi Bluebell,

Thanks for that. I'm so glad it's not just me who's reluctant to take medication because of the side effects. I always feel like the doctors think "Well, she can't want to get better, or she'd take this" You know?

Thanks again, & i'd like to reiterate how great it is to know that i'm not alone :)

xx