PDA

View Full Version : Concerned I will get bronchitis again

Lissy43
08-01-08, 21:54
I posted last night about my raw throat well today the tickles have stopped and I am now bunged up, quite snotty and my throat is all mucusy which is making me cough so of course im panicking it will spread to my chest and I will get bronchitis, I had this in the summer, took me about 2-3 months to stop coughing and feel comepletly over it.

I know bronchitis isn't anything to panic about but it scared me as I couldn't breath properly and the tiny chance of it developing to pneumonia or pleurisy scared me to death the whole time, I was worried sick, lol!

My GP says it doesn't mean I will get it again but of course now im coughing and snotty again im all worried it will happen.

Can anyone off me some reassurance?

lesleyB
09-01-08, 09:46
Hi, I am sure you are worried as you had a bad experience before, but as the doc says it doesn't mean you will get it again.Look after yourself and try not to worry.:flowers:
Lesleyb

Lissy43
09-01-08, 10:53
THanks Lesley,

So hard not to worry when you are a worrier isn't it;-)

Well I haven't run to the doctors just yet, hehe. I tend not to now as my anxiety isn't anything like it was and I don't want to be pumped full of even more antibiotics, had enough of them last year.

With having 3 children all under 6yrs its very hard, I get about 6 hours sleep a night on a good night its unbroken, last night I had 5 hours and it was very broken. Its hard to take care of myself, my husband is out of the door for 13 hours a day with his job and tonight he is going to the gym after work, stupid me for buying that for his xmas present, lol!

Last time I was ill with bronchitis my hubby couldn't get any time off work and it was so so hard being on my own, my family didn't offer me any help so I had to plod on, I just don't want to be that ill again, I felt dreadful for a long time.

Lindalou64
09-01-08, 14:17
Hey Cherry Yes Bronchitis Scares Me Also Where I Am Bed Ridding Or Get Pnemonia And Pluerosy :( Actually I See The Doc This Morning For This Reason :( Just Stay Warm And Drink Plenty Of Clear Fluids.....wish You Well.......linda Xx

lesleya
09-01-08, 14:31
Know exactly where your coming from i also had same as you in the summer and took me months to feel any better as i panic when i get as much as a sniffle. But like you for the last couple of days have a mucusy throat/headache which in turn makes me panic as i watch my breathing more....im a pain in the butt to myself and try to do something to take my mind off...not easy but it helps me. Wish you well.

Lissy43
09-01-08, 14:31
Are you suffering with bronchitis at the moment linda?

Alisonj
09-01-08, 14:41
With health anxiety the slightest ailement can set us off so its not silly to worry about getting sick again. This time of the year there are so many viruses going around and chances are you have picked up one. Just try to rest and take care of yourself and I am sure you can keep anything serious from happening.
Feel better soon!

Lissy43
10-01-08, 09:53
Thanks ALison,

I do feel much better today but going out in these cold winds and pouring rain is doing my snotty nose no good, lol!

Lindalou64
10-01-08, 13:32
No It Wasnt Bronchitis Cherry They Say Its Just A Cold And Bersitis In My Shoulder..........wish You Well........linda Xx

Lissy43
10-01-08, 14:42
Hope you feel better soon.