PDA

View Full Version : Fear thoughts but not ocd according to Psychologist

Carol27
08-01-08, 22:59
Hi, I recently joined due to having fearful thoughts and panic attacks. Saw Psychologist today and she says its anxiety/panic not ocd which i worried it was it's all due to still grieving for my parents. She said my fear of possession by demons came from the religious woman saying it to me at a time when i was vulnerable and exhausted. I was wondering though , does anyone else have such bizarre thoughts with their anxiety and do you believe them when they come. I'm worried that even when the anxiety eases or hopefully goes that i will still be thinking and believing these irrational things especially as its a fear of something i can't see. I have to admit that they aren't there all the time but as soon as they pop in i immediately panic. Thanks for welcoming me and for any help and advice, best wishes, Carol.

nomorepanic
08-01-08, 23:10
Carol

Have a read of the symptoms page on the left about thoughts and here too.

It may help ...

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=7794

Carol27
09-01-08, 07:01
Thankyou very much Nicola, the links have helped a lot. Is it possible to either lose these types of thoughts or for them to lessen so they don't scare me so much, i can't see a way out from them as i'm afraid of something i can't see so feel i can't tackle it like i could if it was a dog or cat etc, many thanks, Carol.

lawzy
09-01-08, 08:08
hey hun,
u had the posseison fear too...iv had it many of times i freak out about it so much n think its actually happening then i made me myself believe that its not real and i dont believe in any religeon but then i thought what if my brain thinks it and then believes that im possesed and ohhh the list just goes on lol. be reassured tho it does go...and it WILL go! positive attitude and surround ur self with good happy ppl and stay strong. The other day i tried TFT helped me soooooooooooooooooooooo much more then CBT maybe give that a try...heres the website www.beonform.co.uk (http://www.beonform.co.uk)

good luck!
take care xxxxxxxxxxxx:)

manmoor
09-01-08, 08:10
Hi Carol,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

SANDYJANE
09-01-08, 09:40
hi and a big warm welcome,

love sandyjanexxx

Carol27
09-01-08, 14:37
Many thanks to you all, also Lawly, thankyou for your help, i've never met anyone with the same awful fear before. Has it eased for you? I fully understand how you feel when it hits, Best wishes to you all, Carol.