PDA

View Full Version : This might help a bit

jeannie
01-03-05, 09:23
Hi,
I am English but live and work in Germany. After finding out that I had OCD a year ago I started looking into it and trying to learn as much as I could about the illness.
The other day I went into a German forum because my intrusive thoughts were upsetting me and found this:

I translated it into English and it may not be as good as the German version, but I still feel it might help many of you:

WE tend to have the obsessive thoughts, which hurt our own personality most of all and are the complete opposite of what we are really like. Most OCD's have, due to the fact that they attach so much importance to social harmony and are loving, caring, helpful, non-violent people, these terrible intrusive thoughts.
When they then have to deal with so many awful intrusive thoughts this really hurts their souls badly. These thoughts don't want to tell us that we are really bad people and totally agressive. THey really want to tell us that due to our extremely low self-esteem our psyche is desperately suffering and we need to re-build our self-confidence.

Take care,
Jeannie

sal
01-03-05, 10:45
Hi Jeannie

Thanks for that. Its so right aswell.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx