PDA

View Full Version : citalopram and menstrual cycle

familymatters
10-01-08, 10:44
Hi all,
Been on citalopram 20mg for about 3 months now and have been having problems with awful pms and also my periods have started early but not started properly. just dribs n drabs if you see what I mean n kind of stop start. Has anyone else experienced this whilst on the meds?

ladygrom
11-01-08, 07:36
hi yes had probs with periods not been regular whilst on citalopram but mine wer heavy ones and awful pms .they settled after a while tho have you asked your doctor bout them .tc elaine xx

maxine
11-01-08, 13:23
Hello,

I'm been on citalopram 40mg for two weeks now and this is my first cycle since the doctor upped my dose and i can honestly say i've gone a tat crazy with the PMT , seriously moody and grumpy as hell ( my poor other half is in hiding till next week ) It's also very heavy very unusual for me, however I asked the doctor as i was worried about it and she said it was a common side effect of the drug and should settle down after a few months.

Hope this helps.

Maxine x

ladygrom
12-01-08, 09:13
hi maxine yes its a common side effect but not nice is it hope you go on ok with citolopram i was fine on them apart from been grumpy and terible pms .hopefuly yours will settle soon fingers crossed tc elaine xx

familymatters
12-01-08, 12:08
Thanks for replies ladygrom n maxine, yep pms has been very extreme since on these meds and also heavier bleeding, heres hoping it settles soon. Who'd be a woman hey?

ladygrom
12-01-08, 12:33
hi yes they shud settle down soon i agree us women hey we seem to have all the probs hey pms omg terible arnt they us moody women .keep us posted let me no how you geting on tc elaine xxx

Danny_dingle
21-07-09, 00:08
Hello familymatters and Elaine,

I am so pleased I found this thread!!! Familymatters; your first post here describes EXACTLY what I have been having! This sort of thing freaks me out massively and for the first time in ages I felt I needed to come back to this site for some support and to know I'm not being *weird* on these tablets! It makes me smile, I have barely suffered any of the side effects on the packet but I have managed to get a load completely of my own! It's mad!

I am sorry that you have been messed about but I am also a little relieved that I am not alone! :blush:

I am on month 4/5 of my Citalopram now and it is still giving me trouble here and there with side effects, not utterly convinced they will go away until I come off them but hey-ho, they are well worth any backlash I might be suffering.

Hope you are feeling better yourself now, take care all,

Danny x