PDA

View Full Version : CMHT possibly withdrawing support

happyone
10-01-08, 14:15
After being in and out of hospital in the past week I have to start climbing my way up to feeling normal again. I am a long way from feeling good but a long way from how bad I felt a week ago.

I went to my therapy group to discover that the MHT are questioning my future in the group and whether or not I can stay in it. To say I am devastated by this possibility is an understatement. I can do nothing but cry at the very thought of it. The worst of this is though, it seems that any decision will be made in my absence. A meeting is to be held without me where a decison will be made.

I suspected the therapist was just trying to get rid of me and I questioned her and she says 'no' she doesn't want rid of me and 'no' she doesn't think I should leave. I think I believe her but I don't know if she is just saying that now after realising how much importance I set by the group.I have more or less pleaded with her and my psychiatrist to state my corner but I just feel so bereft that I may not be allowed to go back. It is the one thing in my week that makes sense to me. It helps me more than all the meds I take but I am not even going to get a chance to say that. I can only hope that the shrink and therapist do as I ask and not be swayed by others.

This seems all so unfair to me and particularly bad timing. It feels as though I am being punished for being so erratic somehow. The next week until I get to know is going to be the longest ever. Sorry to go on, I just needed to get this off my chest.

Happyone

jo61
10-01-08, 15:20
Hi Happyone. If they took your condition seriously enough to hospitalise you last week then surely they'll give you this support. Do you have leave to appeal if they turn you down? Hope it works out for you.
:hugs:

Jimbo
10-01-08, 16:48
I'm sure you won't be left totally on your own.:hugs:

Seems a little like my situation at the moment as for support. I hate it when they are so vague about what they are going to do. It makes me worry. :lac: But I'm sure you won't be left with no regular contact at all.

I know how much the group means to you, but these things can't continue for ever. Do you think you are still gaining a lot from the group? Perhaps there's some other type of activity you could do that might help more? Are there any other groups in the area you could join?

Jim :hugs:

Pink Panic
10-01-08, 21:10
Hi Happy,

I have been following your threads and my heart really goes out to you hun :hugs:

I was also threatened with having my group therapy withdrawn and the reason i was given was that because i missed a couple of groups then i was refusing help!! The only reason i missed was because i was so anxious that i couldn't actually get out of the house to go and was put on quetiapine to calm me.
I had to convince my CPN that i was totally committed to attend and ensure that my absences were genuine :ohmy: or else i was told my place would be given to someone who was going to attend.

In your case you were in Hospital so surely your absence can be explained if this is the reason. I hope you do get matters sorted and things improve for you real soon.
Take Good Care

Pink
xxx

joy
10-01-08, 21:16
Isnt it stupid that they expect people paralized with panic to go out and attend meetings

Joy

happyone
11-01-08, 08:54
The reason for possible withdrawal of this service is because (i think) I am not always using it appropriately. I am using it as a support (it is not meant to be a support group) and maybe not gaining all that I can out of it. However, I do use it also to question my behaviours and to gain an insight into why I behave as I do. I made the mistake of saying to the MHT (not realising they were trying to trap me) just this and I think they have now thought 'Oh here we go, we can make a saving here'
Even if I do use it as a support when I am ill. I use it very appropriately when I am not ill. Probably as much, if not more than anyone else in the group.
I know I am going on. This is a big deal for me. It is clouding my every wakened thought and I can't think of anything else.
I am going to try try try try to put it to one side and not think of it so often.
Happyone

Oceanblue
11-01-08, 09:25
I don't know the name of this group Happyone?

What have they named the Group and what are the reasons for attending?

Maybe, as you say, they are thinking that this Group isn't the right one for you and therefore looking into other alternative Groups or therapies that will be more suitable for you.

Southern_Belle
12-01-08, 16:09
Hi HappyOne,

I hope they rethink this after finding out how upset this has made you. I can't imagine that you have to "use" a group appropriately to stay enrolled. In my opinion as long as you are benefiting from it why not stay? Sometimes I just don't understand the system!

Please know I am thinking about you and hope you can enjoy you weekend regardless of what is going on with your benefits.

Hugs,

Laura

Jimbo
16-01-08, 15:41
How you doing hun?:hugs:

You've been a bit quiet this week. I hope everythings ok?

happyone
16-01-08, 17:37
Jim,
I really am just so caught up with my mum at the mo and am likely to be until she is better, which will be some time yet. I do her and my shopping in the mornings and try to keep on top of my housework. Then I go to her house in the afternoons to help keep her place tidy and keep her company as she is stir crazy. I did go out to art therapy this morning though.
I can't use the pc as much in the evenings as I used to cos it is keeping my little un awake. So I pop on for a five mins here and there.
Mentally I am not too bad. I am v stressed and wishing life was different to what it is at the moment but I am so deteremined I am not going to let my mum down by losing it. She really only has me. I think the up in my meds is helping too.
Sorry for not being around as much. Please don't worry about me, I am fine. I hope you all stay well and healthy too and I will keep on popping in.
Happyone
xx

Jimbo
16-01-08, 17:39
Ok hun,:hugs:

Stay strong, and I am thinking about you.:hugs:

Jimbo
20-01-08, 16:22
How are things going hun?

How are you doing on the meds? Has anything happened about your group and are you getting enough support?

It's strange having you so quiet. :sad:

I hope your mum is on the mend.:hugs:

happyone
20-01-08, 16:32
Hi Jim,
sorry, I should have updated. My head really is in such a pickle at the mo.

I can still go to my group but shrink has referred me to psychology dept to see what else they can come up with for me. I felt very nervous going to my group on thurs and it was really strange....I thought the therapist was getting pleasure out of my discomfort and I have been a bit peeved about it all week since:shrug:

My meds were upped last week and I have to stay on this level for present. 1500mg valproate, 30 mirtazepine and 150mg clorpromazine spread out morning and evening. They seem to be helping. I have noticed a difference in the increase of valproate, definaately. However, depression is still there and mornings and evenings are the worst.

My mum is in plaster and will be for another 5 weeks. However, I managed to get her out in a wheelchair so that has helped shorten her day. She is usually such an active person that she is finding it really hard to be so inactive. It is just a case of finding a different way for us all to be going about our things over the next 5 weeks as I want to be a constant support to her as she has been for me many times.

Thanks for asking Jim.

Happyone
XX

happyone