PDA

View Full Version : anxiety

sammy
01-03-05, 13:27
Hi I am new don't really know what to do I suffer from panic attacks, depression generally feel anxious all the time. And guilty about feeling this way, is this normal, also I sometimes feel like I am going mad visions of being put into hospital etc can any one relate to this

sue447
01-03-05, 13:40
hi sammy
i know exactly how you are feeling, i also feel anxious, most of the day, you really dont know what to do with your self do you, i know this is "normal" for us to feel this way, i find that distraction helps, i do jigsaw puzzles and knitting, try and find something you enjoy doing, and youll find it will help regards sue

sal
01-03-05, 13:57
Hi Sammy

Welcome to the site.

I can totally relate to how you are feeling, when i first started suffering with anxiety and depression i thought they would lock me up and throw the key away. But this wont happen. The best piece of advice i got about how i felt was from my CBT therapist. She said if i ever got to the stage of been locked away i wouldnt have a clue about it - like thinking you are going to win the lottery, doesnt mean you will. Thinking it doesnt make it real.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

sammy
01-03-05, 14:09
Hi

Thank you I never thuoght of it like that, I am just tired of feeling this way, I tried seeing a therapist about a year ago she helped me through the fear of losing control, but I now not only have one thing to panic over but feel anxious generally, I am thinking of going back to tha doctor but I think she might think oh not her again.

vernon
01-03-05, 14:11
hi sammy, Welcome to te site sorry you feel this way but you will get to feel better in time if you try hard learn to relax a little. is very slow and hard work but you will get better. Take care. Vernon

nomorepanic
01-03-05, 19:04
Sammy

Start with reading the info on the website and in particular the First Steps posts - that will give you some great tips.

Get some Rescue Remedy too

Try some relaxation cd's too.

Welcome aboard.

Nicola

bubbles
01-03-05, 19:43
Sammy,

Welcome to the site.

People here will identify with these feelings & understand. You shouldn't have to feel guilty, as it's not your fault, but this is part of the whole array of feelings, eh?

As Sue said--it's hard to know what to do with yourself when it's at its worst. I, also, find 'distraction' & 'keeping busy' helps.

I've found it sometimes takes a while to 'come down' from a bad panic attack & one can be left with this free floating anxiety---can't pin it to anything, just anxiety over anything & everything.

I hope that the doctor can help if you do go back to her.

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.