PDA

View Full Version : Hello just joined today

alisacss
10-01-08, 17:03
Hi my name is Alison,
i have recently started to have panic attacks, the first one happened day after boxing day, i usually am a shopaholic and any excuse to visit any shop and im first there.

I dont know what triggered it i was not feeling too great over xmas period started by getting repeat pains in chest and under ribs was not feeling too great when went shopping, can only describe my body suddenly started to "overheat" i became extremely hot and felt light headed and faint my legs felt wobbly like they couldnt support me felt weak, went clammy my fiance said my face went really white too

i had to remove my coat and exit the store as i felt i was gonna pass out i also felt what can only be described as a real heaviness across the top of my back and shoulders like been hit by a heavy brick

i have fainted in the past several times years ago so am awarew of what the symptoms are beforehand and what it feels like before and after fainting

am really concerned as im now struggling to get out of the house to go shopping as it has happened on more occasions since then when shopping

have been to my doctor who has run blood tests to check for anaemia thyroid etc to rule out anything else, awaiting results now but i accept its really likely to be panic attacks

i would really like to be able to share this with other sufferers and hope that maybe someone else would like to contact me and maybe keep in regular contact particular from the nottinghamshire area as i have not long moved to this part of the country from the south east.

Thanks for taking time to read this.:blush:

kellie
10-01-08, 17:22
hi alison welcome to nmp you will find lots of useful help and advice here and make some great friends along the way. it does sound like you had a pa attack and hopefully they will stop as fast as they started. come into the chat room and meet all the gang they are a great bunch of ppl. look forward to seeing you there . all the best kellie.

trac67
10-01-08, 17:33
Hi Alison,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

SANDYJANE
10-01-08, 18:35
Hi and a big warm welcome

Love Sandyjane xxx

nomorepanic
10-01-08, 19:55
Hi Alisa

Lovely to see you here so :welcome: aboard and I hope we can be of some help.

Please try not to avoid going shopping again as this will reinforce the feelings that you first had.

You may like to know that we have a meet-up from members here in April in Long Eaton so you may want to come along to that too.

Nibbles
10-01-08, 21:33
Hi Alison and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Taking small steps is a very good method of countering anxiety. Trying to launch yourself straight back into where you last had an attack can make you feel even worse. Instead try to build up to enjoying shopping again and make the steps clear and achievable but which still bring on some anxiety. The first step could be going to a local shop for one item, with company if you feel that would help.

Take care,

Mike :)

manmoor
11-01-08, 11:05
Hi Alison,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Lindalou64
11-01-08, 12:53
Hello Alison And Welcome To The Site I Wish You Well.......linda

chalky
11-01-08, 12:58
Hi Alison,

Welcome to NMP!!

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Look forward to meeting you in the Chat room.

Best wishes
Chalky