PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm Jo, I'm new and worry I'm crazy!

Joanne32
10-01-08, 19:40
Hi

I am new to the site, it's so nice to feel you're not alone. I have been suffering panic attacks and general anxiety feelings for the last 5 years, with a bad relapse last summer after a miscarriage which I'm kind of recovering from now after hypnotherapy. I just wondered, apart from the obvious like the palpitations and cold sweats and feelings of impending doom, does anyone else suffer with other weirder physical symptoms? Like for example pains in the head and weird nerve twitches (mostly left eyelid, left temple but other places too)? Have seen DR and Neurologist, all say no sinister cause, but it freaks me out and no-one I've spoken to has ever had this stuff.

Hope to hear from someone, thanks for reading!

belle
10-01-08, 19:43
Hi Jo and welcome :)

Anxiety and panic shows itself in all manner of ways. It causes strange and unusual sensations that we would never expect and i've had most of them!!!!!

I'm sure you'll find lots of helpful information and support here...

x

trac67
10-01-08, 19:47
Hi Jo,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

nomorepanic
10-01-08, 19:49
Hi Jo

:welcome: aboard. Lovely to see you here.

Have a read of the Symptoms page on the left hand side of the page - it will explain a lot of the symptoms you can get and why and how to alleviate them.

Hope that helps.

Nibbles
10-01-08, 21:20
Hi Jo and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

I'm sorry to hear about what happened last summer and am glad the hypnotherapy is helping. Anxiety can cause pains in your head and elsewhere on your body due to muscles being tense for long periods. My eyelid will sometimes flicker and I know people who don't suffer from anxiety but get the same thing so I think it's just one of those things.

Take care,

Mike :)

Lindalou64
11-01-08, 12:51
Hello Jo And Welcome To The Site I Wish You Well......linda

chalky
11-01-08, 13:00
Hi Joanne,

Welcome to NMP!!

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here
Look forward to meeting you in the Chat room.

Best wishes,
Chalky

MessedUp
11-01-08, 13:10
Hi Jo
Don't worry about the headaches and twitches, perfectly normal, stress or not. I get days where some twitch stays with me all day, next day it's gone. It's just muscles, nothing more sinister than that.
As for headaches, there are thousands of possible causes, and almost all of them are temporary (in which case "Occam's Razor" principle applies - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_Razor - the simplest reason is the most likely)
take care :)

kate
11-01-08, 14:35
Hi Jo, Welcome to the Forum :hugs:

Kate

dawny
11-01-08, 14:37
welcome mate

love dawny

kellie
11-01-08, 15:42
hi jo welcome to nmp. hope you find this site as helpful as i have . i wondered the same things as you and found out what i needed to know on the symptoms page. ( what a great help that was ). plz dont worry you are not going crazy. i look forward to seeing you in the chat room where you will make lots of new freinds who all understand how you feel and what you are going through. talk to yo soon i hope until then take good care.

kellie.

Carol27
11-01-08, 19:03
Hi Jo,
Welcome, i joined last week and already have had great advice and support, best wishes, Carol.