PDA

View Full Version : My name is jackie clarke

burberrygirl72
11-01-08, 09:19
My name is jackie clarke, i am 35 years old and married with 4 children, i have had panic attacks for 5 years and also anxiety. it first starter by smoking pot, just the one time i ever smoked it with my friend just for a laugh, and i had a full blown panic attack, ever since then i have not been the same, i had also had a drink when it happened, so now i am scared to touch alcohol too. Any suggestion? Please help, i feel like i am going out my mind, even though the doctor said i am not!!!
thanks
jackie

kellie
11-01-08, 09:35
hi jackie. welcome to nmp. althought you feel you are going crazy plz beleive your doc that you are not. here you will find lots of advice and help from the other member. have you looked throught the menu on the left? its great for reasurance. come into the chat room and talk with the other members who all know how you feel. they are a lovely bunch of ppl who are always ready to listen and help. take care. kellie.

Lilith1980
11-01-08, 10:38
Hi Jackie

Welcome to NMP :)

You're certainly not going crazy, we are all here to help each other on this site so dont be afraid to post a thread asking for advice.

xxxx

manmoor
11-01-08, 11:02
Hi Jackie,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Lindalou64
11-01-08, 12:44
Hello Jackie And Welcome To The Site You Are Def Not Crazy Its Just The Anxiety I Wish You Well........linda

trac67
11-01-08, 12:46
Hi Jackie,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

chalky
11-01-08, 13:16
Hi Jackie,

Welcome to NMP!

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Look forward to meeting you in the Chat room.
You sound so similar to many others here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

MessedUp
11-01-08, 14:23
Hi there.
It's not crazy to feel fear. Crazy people probably don't.. and don't realise they're crazy :)
You're fearing something perfectly real to you, even if the cause of it is an undue focus upon slightly irrational thoughts. We all get irrational thoughts, it's how we deal with them that can turn a moment of anxiety into a rapid buildup into panic.
I hope you find plenty of tips here about dealing with it.
Best wishes

kate
11-01-08, 14:33
Hi Jackie and Welcome to the Forum :hugs:

Kate

burberrygirl72
11-01-08, 18:20
cant wait to c hat to you all x

Carol27
11-01-08, 19:06
Welcome Jackie, i'm quite new to the forum too but already have had great help and advice, best wishes, Carol.

Nibbles
11-01-08, 21:59
Hi Jackie and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)