PDA

View Full Version : Advice

loulou
01-03-05, 13:47
Hi, I've recently started CBT only my second week and the therapist has given me some excersises to do but this week i feel really bad getting nervous to go out ,I manage to go but get that sicky feeling before i go I'm also having bad dreams dont know if this is anything to do with the cbt does anyone have any advice? it seems that since ive been going I'm getting worse. Also my friend was atttacked at the weeked and this is playing on my mind a bit so maybe its that just wanted some advice really.

Lisa

sal
01-03-05, 13:53
Hi Lisa

I had CBT and it really helped me. You will probably feeling how you do because you are confronting issues and they have to be sorted before you can move on to the next stage. I am sure it will help you loads. It cant have helped your friend been attacked at the weekend, i hope she is doing ok.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

vernon
01-03-05, 14:16
hi, I dont think the CBT is making you worst the CBT will help you lots if you stick it out and try hard to do all they tell you. The reason you feel worst is thinking about going to CBT and going there. I am the same if i have an appointment to go anywhere i get realy ill. even if its somewhere i like going. Also your friend being attacks would realy make you feel very anxious and afraid too. Keep doing the CBT its hard work but it will realy help you. Take care . Vernon

mojo5
01-03-05, 14:58
Hi Lisa

It is uncomfortable facing your fears and that's why you're getting nervous it's only natural.
But if you keep doing it, gradually, it will build up your confidence, and you will beat this - no problem.

Just keep working at it and you will get there.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Best wishes
Mo.

Meg
01-03-05, 16:12
Hi Loulou,

The dreams are your subconcious processing and filtering all yoru worries from the day and you are getting nervous as you're starting to do things you've maybe been avoiding or controlling carefully.

Sorry to hear about your friend

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

PENNY
01-03-05, 17:38
[:O]

HI LouLou,

If we decide to challange our Fears and Symptoms, then we often
do get worse when the Treatment first commences, it is
as if our Symptoms do not want to leave us.

Like Sal and some of the others have said, this is TEMPORARY.

If you keep on doing the CBT, then things will improve soon.

CBT, is the latest Therapy to be used now.

Love

PENNY,

nomorepanic
01-03-05, 18:38
Hi Lisa

I felt worse to start with when I stared CBT. This was because she was making me leave my "comfort zone" and do things I was avoiding. She would say "by next week you have to have been on a bus". I know that she was pushing me and I did feel worse cos I didn't want to go on the stupid bus![:O]

But I did it and I worked with her and yes it was hard but it helped me enormously.:D

Stick at it and it will get better. If it was so easy then we would all be cured after having CBT but I am afraid it isn't. She/He will push you beyond your boundaries to get you better.[Yeah!]

Hope your friend is ok too.

Nicola

Muddled Mind
02-03-05, 14:49
I really wish you well with your CBT. I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow to ask for the same thing. I'm finding it very hard to accept the anxiety. But I realise I have to make the effort if I wont to try and get back to my old self.

So good luck and let us know how you are getting on.[8D]

cheryl