PDA

View Full Version : going back to docs, cant take this anymore

cassi23
11-01-08, 12:35
Since 30th dec iv been getting what i think are palpitations but im not sure.

Before they were just fast heart and i was very aware of heart beat, but this is different. I had an ecg which was normal, but this is what the 'new feelings' are.

I get this funny feeling in my chest and then like my throat sinks, which takes my breath away. It literally lasts for 1 or 2 seconds, but can reoccur every 5 mins for half an hour or so sometimes. Iv had it when cooling down from exercise too. I am at my wits end, almost called an ambulance last night but managed to calm down, but i was so scared, im sure theres something seriously wrong with me. they are accopanied with nausea when really bad but thats my anxiety i know. Going to request a 24 hour ecg.

Are anyone elses like this? What do you experience when you have 'palpitations' /'ectopics?'

replies greatly appreciated!
CAssi

Rachey poos
11-01-08, 12:59
sounds like ectopics.... nothing to worry about.. search the subject on the forums..... check out my blog...i talk about mine on there! xxxx

chalky
11-01-08, 13:02
Hi Cassie,

Well done for being so pro-active about this!
I hope the Docs are able to re-assure you about this.

Best wishes,
Chalky

cassi23
11-01-08, 19:44
i really hope its nothing to worry about but i dont think my mind will rest until i know. do these sound like ectopics then? still waiting to hear what other peoples ectopic/palpitations are like?

These just feel so horrendous its hard not to get scared!

caSSI XXX

shaz01
13-01-08, 20:55
Hi Cassi,

Yes mines does that as well, infact mines can go fast, or go haywire, or hard thud...infact anything....and as you say I also get the weird feeling in my chest.

They drive me totally demented lol!!!

Take care,

Shaz x

cazza
14-01-08, 09:23
Hi take a look at this site it really helps
http://palps.chemicalforums.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl
Carol

cassi23
14-01-08, 16:14
HI Carol,

thanku so much for recommending that site, iv just had a read and feel loads better, more of an understanding now.

im going to docs tomorrow so will let out all my concerns and see wot they say, i just worry that they will overlook something serious because of what it says about my anxiety in my notes!

thanks again

cazza
14-01-08, 21:23
Hi glad it helped im sure you will be fine once you get the all clear its the learning to live with them thats hard! Thats when that site will really help you there is a doctor on there called RLR and he is such a godsend
I have had these constantly for 2 years now and he has really helped me understand them you will be fine carol

cassi23
15-01-08, 13:54
well i have chosen to be referred to a cardiologist and im awaiting my preliminary appointment where they will decide whether i need a 24 hour ecg.

I am so glad and the doc said these are very common and nowt to worry about and try to accept them.

whats abnormal repolarisation though? I noticed it said that on my ecg notes???

Cassi

cazza
15-01-08, 15:39
Post the question on the other site the doc will be able to answer
carol

jon211
26-04-08, 10:02
Hi Cassi

These are quite normal. I had them years ago. They are directly related to anxiety and at worst can be a sign that your anxiety is causing slight increase in blood pressure.

You feel these little palputations, get worried about them and then becoem ultra sensitive to them. You then notice them more and more, worry about them more, and in doing so, cause them to happen more.

If you smoke, give up or cut down a lot. If you are not active, go for a walk each evening. This will not get rid of anxiety, but will remove some of the stress the anxiety has caused your body. It is the stress, not the anxiety that causes these palputations.

Remember that lots of people get these and that they are harmless. I would hazzard a guess that at least once you have sat there with your finger on your pulse and panicked momentarily when your heart seemed to miss a beat. That feeling you get in your throat when it happens feels like a very short moment where you are unable to breathe doesnt it. It is normal with anxiety and has nothing to do with any malfunction of yor heart.

I had no less than ten ECG's one year when I was going through this. Not one of them was the doctors idea, but rather just to shut me up. Once I even faked a heart attck in the middle of a restaurant just so that the ambulance would take me to hospital and I would get an ECG.

Sure, talk to your doctor about it. He too will tell you have nothing to worry about, but to really beat this symptom, eat healthy, go for a walk every day, and stop worrying about your heart.

Although heart desease is Common in the UK an America, it is mainly down to the fact that we do not eat healthy food, and a lot of us smoke. The heart itself is a very strong muscle and is incredibly hard to damage. We damage it through years of abuse and it takes a long time (In most cases) to give up. Humans are incredible in the way we are built and our heart is essential for life, why would millions of year of evolution put a muscle that is easy to break in charge of keeping us alive? It wouldn't, and hasn't.