PDA

View Full Version : Registered yesterday

Goodlife
11-01-08, 13:40
Hi,
After visiting the site for a few months, and encouraged by the support everbody seems to give and receive, and realising there are other people in the same boat, I decided to join.
So this is me. Almost 44 year old mother of almost 10 year old twins. Very supportive partner, nice house in a nice area, no money worries, part time job, friends- two of which I can talk to about anything. Not a prime candidate for anxiety or panic attacks you would think. March last year I had my 1st one. During the summer my Mum was diagnosed with breast cancer (shes had her teatment now and things are looking really positive). Things got worse for me, more attacks etc and I was put on medication. Side effects were awful and I was off work for 6 weeks. After some tinkering with doses etc I'm now on 10mg of Cipralex with Propronol & Diazepan in the cupboard for when needed. Apart from a blip at Xmas when we lost a much loved family pet who we'd had over 30 years I've been sort of o.k, although my head always seems to feel slightly fuzzy. I had been positive, telling myself I can get through this, mind over matter etc. Wednesday evening I went out and had a very pleasant meal with a friend. Drove home, got in, head started to go, legs like jelly, nauseous, clammy palms, heart fluttering etc. So now I'm thinking it's not something I have any control over. It can happen at any time and I can't identify the cause. Do I just have to accept this thing is part of me ? Am I always going to be on medication ?
Sorry, I've just read this and I've rambled on a bit- it seems once I open the floodgates I can't stop ! Anyway, thanks for reading, bye for now

MessedUp
11-01-08, 13:50
Hi there
Welcome to the forum. I must admit I'm puzzled by people who get attacks out of the blue. Mine start when I worry about something. Could it be that you notice some unusual sensation (a bit of anxiety from nowhere - which is normal but non-sufferers just ignore it) and then start fearing it's going to lead to the attack - which means it's inevitable if you don't take steps to calm down?
No, I don't believe it has to be for life - I think we can learn not to fear it and it's no longer an issue. At least I certainly hope so, LOL
best wishes

chalky
11-01-08, 13:51
Hi GoodLife,

Welcome to the Forum!!
:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:
It is understandable for your thoughts to drift to the long-term future.Don't! You are doing something incredibly positive in coming here and seeking to deal with your problems.Tiny acorns turn into great oak trees.
Check out the Main Menu for information on symptoms,etc. You are taking the first steps on the road to recovery- big pat on the back!!
You will also benefit from loads of advice and support here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

kellie
11-01-08, 17:38
hi there good life welcome to nmp hope you find this site as good for you as it has been for me . im sure there is lite at the end of the tunnel for us all. maybe some tunnels are just longer than others. have faith that you will get to the end of yours to. hope to see ya in the chat room . take care

kellie.

trac67
11-01-08, 17:55
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

Nibbles
11-01-08, 21:57
Hi Goodlife and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Panic attacks can be so confusing when they come on for no apart reason. I believe that by learning how to cope with them so that the fear isn't as severe then they will lessen as time goes on. Obviously it's not as easy as said though lol!

Take care,

Mike :)

Lindalou64
12-01-08, 13:11
Hello Goodlife And Welcome To The Site I Wish You Well..........linda

debera
12-01-08, 13:17
hi and welcome. you will get alot of support here
debera

domino
12-01-08, 13:22
Hi goodlife welcome to n.m.p., you are not alone and if we can help in anyway ,pls let us try.These feelings you have are a classic sign of anxiety, it,s good that you have people around you that try and understand the way you are feeling.We are here to help and support eachother.:welcome: again x

manmoor
12-01-08, 17:26
Hi Goodlife,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

trac67
12-01-08, 18:13
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx