PDA

View Full Version : Please Help. =[

TooYoungForThis16
12-01-08, 17:38
Okay. I'm kinda new here. So, ill introduce myself, breifly.
My names Brandi. Im 16yrs young. && Ive been experincing 'anxiety' for about 4 months now. I am honestly convinced that im dying && nothing anyone says helps these days.
Here's a list of the 'illness's' ive thought ive head. Breast Cancer, Brain Cancer, Brain Tumor, Bleed in my brain, Brain infection, Cervical Cancer, Throat Cancer && Neck cancer. :weep:
Ive had 3 blood test && doctos insist that if I had cancer, they'd have seen signs. But, im sure they missed somthing!! The most recent illness is 'Throat Cancer' My throats red, glands are swollen [slightly], tonsillis look horrible and it feels like my throats all dry and I cant swallow right. Im so scared && I need help! Please someone reassure me that, they've had this and its not cancer. =[ I went to a doctor to have it looked at and he didnt say much to help, he was new && he didnt understand health anxiety, I guess. =// He made me worry 09384 times more. He said hes 'pretty sure' its not cancer. Im like if you dont know DO MORE TEST! :mad: Ugh. He did a blood test && everything was fine in it. && he gave me antibiotics but, they didnt help. Im scared and I dont know what else to do anymore. This is taking over my life. Someone help me.

TooYoungForThis16
12-01-08, 17:51
Anyone?? =//

trac67
12-01-08, 18:05
Hi Brandi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Firstly I have moved your thread to 'introductions' so people will see it and welcome you on board.

You are suffering with health anxiety hun, I went through a bad stage of that myself. You have to believe what your doctor tells you, if they thought it was something serious they would do every test available. Have you spoken to them about having CBT, this helps you to change the way you think, which is the way to overcome the health anxiety, I am sure you would benefit from this.

Have a read of the forum as i am sure you will find a lot of reassurance here to help put your mind at ease.

Love

Trac xxxx

Tigress
12-01-08, 18:25
Hi Brandi,
Try not to worry, there's alot of colds and sore throats about at the mo. If your glands are swollen and red then they are working properly. The anti biotics would have cleared up any infection so probably was just a viral thing like colds are. Also your health worries may be stressing you out which can affect your throat, tension causing a feeling of not being able to swallow properly, just a spasm that will relax. Try and do something you enjoy to occupy your mind, and as you relax you will probably notice your symptoms are not so bad after all. Try to accept what your gp says and also don't worry about things that are very unlikely to happen to you. You have your whole life ahead of you, look at what others your age are doing and join them.
When I feel run down my glands flare up so I try to rest and not worry, my throat looks red most of the time, has done for years just my weak spot I guess!
You may also find it helpful to talk to someone about why you have developed these fears, maybe something stressful has triggered them?

Take care
Sue x

Alisonj
13-01-08, 02:17
Welcome Brandi,

I was 14 when my health anxiety began. It is extremely scary but there is defintely hope.
Tell your doctor that you need some help for the anxiety itself and stress how bad your fears are.
This is an excellent forum full of wonderful people and I am sure you will get tons of great advice

Gryphoenix
13-01-08, 03:21
Hi Brandi,

I'm 21 and I've had Health Anxiety since...oh, forever. I used to think I had appendicitis when I was 9 every time I had a twinge in my tummy! Once (I think I was 9 still) I bumped my head a little and thought I would die in 4 hours from a concussion. Heart-attack worries, cancer worries, you name it.

So don't feel bad, I know exactly what you're going through. That's a terrible thing for the doctor to say, 'pretty sure'. I'd be mad too! Sometimes you just have to trust, though.

If you'd like to talk, feel free to PM me!

Lindalou64
13-01-08, 16:27
Hello Brandi And Welcome To The Forum......theres Alot Of Info Here .....wish You Well.......linda

Nibbles
13-01-08, 19:35
Hi Brandi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Globus hysterica is when your throat feels uncomfortable and is caused by anxiety. I suffer from it a lot and my throat can feel dry, tight, swollen or that there is something stuck. It sounds like you could be suffering with the same thing and although it is uncomfortable it's also harmless.

Take care,

Mike :)

Ivy
13-01-08, 20:37
hi brandi!
i've talked to you in chat breifly before i think!
i dont suffer from H.A, but it sounds like your fighting off one of the many colds that are going round - sounds like your glands are in working order and doing their very best job.
i can totally get why that docter p****d you off, that would make me angry and worried too!
welcome again!
ivy xxx

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

groovygranny
13-01-08, 23:26
Hello Brandi:welcome: to you!

Good to see you've already received support and good advice. Many here suffer as you do and so I expect there'll be plenty more of where that came from!

PLeased to meet you!

:flowers: