PDA

View Full Version : Pain in face and jaw

jay28
12-01-08, 23:18
Hi everyone

Have posted on this one before, in the past 6 months i have had this come on about 3 or 4 times, i have alot of pain in the right side of my face and jaw its a constant throbbing pain, which also effects my ear and the side of the head. Thought maybe it was my wisdom teeth, but the dentist says it isnt went there today. It usually lasts about 4 or 5 days and then just goes away. Anyone have any ideas, dentist says it could be a salivery gland causing my problems cus when i poke around under my jaw by my neck it makes the pain worse(feels like a gland or something is swollen inside).

Its starting to worry me now, pain goes away with painkillers.

franklin2003
13-01-08, 01:46
Is your back and neck tense on that side?

jay28
13-01-08, 08:41
I do have alot of muscle tension

Angel64
13-01-08, 09:19
Hi, I had this a while ago and was in agony.

The doc said it was neuralgia.

I just took paracetomal (it must have been bad, I am med phobic) but it
was so painful.

Like yours it lasted about 4 or 5 days.

Hope this helps !

Take care, Christine.

jay28
13-01-08, 10:17
Thanks for your comment, maybe it could be neuralgia i have no swelling around my face which makes me think that it could be due to a nerve, just need reasurence, i would think if it was anything serious then the pain would always be there and not go away after a few days.

jay28
14-01-08, 15:27
Been to see my doctor today, checked neck throat and ears and said all looked ok, said that it is a gland that is slightly swollen causing my problems, just feel releived now, was convinved it was a tumour or something which i told him, he said first that it is very unusual for someone of my age to get one and that the symptoms would be different if it was anything like that. Have now just got to accept what he has said and stop worrying.

anxious
14-01-08, 18:06
Hi,

you might be grinding your teeth at night, that can cause jaw pain. I suffered this for a long time on and off,

anx x