PDA

View Full Version : hello im new :) does anyone here suffer from emetophobia?

panzicatink
13-01-08, 03:24
hi everyone

i have been suffering with emetophobia for a few years now and i just cant seem to get over it. does anyone else here have this irrational fear about vomiting?? it totally runs my life, i wake up scared every morning and go to bed scared every night. i am always looking for people who feel the same way i do, it helps to know im not alone.

does anyone have any advice to help fight this phobia? any help would be much apriciated! glad to have found this site and looking forward to meeting you all !!:D

belle
13-01-08, 04:35
Hi and welcome :)

x

Lindalou64
13-01-08, 16:26
Hello And Welcome No I Dont Suffer With That Myself But I Know Some Do....i Wish You Well........linda

Nibbles
13-01-08, 19:31
Hi Panzicatink and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. There are other members on NMP who suffer with emetophobia and I'm sure typing it into the search will bring up some useful posts.

Take care,

Mike :)

Ivy
13-01-08, 20:39
welcome to the site! hope you find it helpfull!
i dont suffer from that, but as suggested i'm sure you will get some great advice from posts, just do a search!
best of luck to you
ivy xxx

groovygranny
13-01-08, 23:30
Hello panzicatink:welcome: to you!

Can't offer any advice I'm afraid as I don't suffer from this - but there are plenty here who do so you're sure to get some helpful advice and support.:)

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Star
14-01-08, 16:23
Hiya, yep I suffer - but currently am in therapy and it has decreased alot! I'm sure you'll find some great info on here - i find that breathing techniques help me calm down and regain control, it takes practice!

dont worry there's many others out there who are the same as you!

xx

trac67
14-01-08, 21:50
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

nomorepanic
19-01-08, 17:49
Hi

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

magic2008
15-03-08, 00:20
hello, i do suffer from emetophobia as well, it is very hard to live with. When it first started it was much worse than it is now, but its still very difficult to live with to this day, it affects my marriage, my work, and relationships with friends. I am going soon to see a counceler to help me with my though patterns. I take medication now to help also, i find that xanax works well when it gets really bad, but i wouldnt take that too often becuase of the addictivness that it has. Well i am very glad to know that others have it, when i first got it i thought i was the only one in the world that has this much of an irrational fear of getting sick. Its just the biggest releaf to know that im not. If anyone on here wants to talk feel free to pm me whenever! i always enjoy talking to people that suffer just like me. '
Magic

chalky
15-03-08, 00:23
Hi Panzicatink,

Welcome to the Forum!!!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Lilith1980
15-03-08, 09:23
Hi, welcome to NMP hun :)

Jo xxxxx

kellie
15-03-08, 10:05
hiya panzi and magic :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :D . you will get lots of good advice and support from all the great ppl who use this site. there are lots who suffer the same thing as you both do so yous are not alone. dont forget to visit the chat room where you can talk about things and have a giggle to take your mind of your worrys . take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: .

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Southern_Belle
16-03-08, 17:14
Hi,

Welcome to the site. You will find many here feel exactly like you do and you will get support.

Hugs,

Laura