PDA

View Full Version : Hello! So glad to have found this site...

LuckyLuke
13-01-08, 11:32
Hi,
well like a lot of people I have been looking around this site for a while before I decided to join. This is my first step to what will hopefully be a less anxiety ridden existence.

I know I probably don't suffer as much as many (can go outside, do lots of everyday things etc) but I know I suffer from GAD and it's gotten so bad over the last 18 months that I've become depressed. I haven't slept properly or been able to relax for a single moment in 18 months which isn't helping. I realise I need to stop it now before I spiral even further downwards.

But places like this give me great hope! All I can think of is how did people manage before the internet existed and didn't have a place like this to go? I count myself very lucky to have found such a place.

All the best

Luke

MessedUp
13-01-08, 14:45
Welcome Luke
I hope you get a lot out of the forums - I have.
take care

dawny
13-01-08, 15:09
hi luke

welcome to nmp

love dawny x

burberrygirl72
13-01-08, 15:51
hi and welcome you will get some good advice from this site

Lindalou64
13-01-08, 16:24
Hello Luke And Welcome To The Site I Wish You Well.......linda

IrishPrincess
13-01-08, 17:56
Heya Luke,

Welcome:yesyes: ,there is a lot of good advice on here and lots of friendly people who understand what your going through.

IrishPrincess:hugs:

Keep your heart open to dreams,
For as long as there's a dream,
There is hope,
And as long as there's hope,
There is joy in living.

cardmaker
13-01-08, 18:20
Hi Luke, welcome to the Forum.

You'll find people here will listen to your problems and even offer advise as they've no doubt been through it themselves.

You've taken the first step to recovery by acknowledging that you need to change things. Good luck for the future.
:hugs:

Nibbles
13-01-08, 19:36
Hi Luke and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Ivy
13-01-08, 20:33
hi luke and welcome to nmp!
this site is amazing, hope you get as much out of it as i have!
sorry to hear things have been rough for you the past 18 months.
hugs.
ivy xxx

groovygranny
13-01-08, 23:23
Hello Luke:welcome: to you!

I lurked around for about 6mnths before I joined! Never regretted a moment of it either.

Hopefully you'll soon be feeling the benefits of the help and support this site has to offer through it's members. You've already made that positive first step by taking action before things get much worse - and that's a good sign!

Pleased to meet you!

:)

LuckyLuke
13-01-08, 23:26
Hi everyone! Thanks a lot for the words of encouragement, it does mean a lot. Im hoping I can help out as much as being helped!

Look forward to getting to know y'all ! :)

Luke