PDA

View Full Version : I beat it !!!!

lainey
02-03-05, 09:18
Hi everyone

Just thought I'd fill you in on my last couple of days.
Had a lovely day on Monday for my birthday, went out for lunch with some friends and lots of people called in and out on Monday night.

Got up Tuesday morning and couldn't find my purse to give my son money for school which was very strange as I know my handbag was on the kitchen worktop, took him to the school bus stop at 7.30 and when I came back my handbag was on the bench outside my front door with all the contents on the floor!

Alarm bells and mega panic! But no it didn't happen. I was extremely cross as the burglars had opened my kitchen window and used my washing line prop to hook my bag out of the kitchen without gaining entry to the house, more panic, but no it didn't happen.

I then got a bit uptight and started thinking it was going to bring on lots of anxiety, bit of a tight chest and chest pain and feeling I wasnted to cry, but then thought hang on these burglars and not going to set me back even one inch!!!

It worked, I had no anxiety all day, sorry to go on but just wanted to tell people who understand how chuffed I am with myself at the moment.

Take care

Elaine x:D:D:D:D

mojo5
02-03-05, 09:24
Hi Elaine

Happy birthday for Monday !

Congratulations too, for dealing with a terrible situation really well.
Sounds like great progress to me - keep it up.

Hope the b*****ds didn't get away with too much.

Best Wishes
Mo.

sal
02-03-05, 09:37
Hi Elaine

Pleased you had a good birthday, you deserve it.

Sorry about what happened, well done for staying calm and collected. I am sure the calmest person would have lost it at that.

Pat on the back mate.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

Meg
02-03-05, 09:54
You did brilliantly Elaine

What a star

FAN
02-03-05, 10:42
well done for getting through that i would have been in a heap

fan x

lainey
02-03-05, 10:43
Thanks Mojo, Sal and Meg

In answer to your question Mojo, they just took my purse with my birthday cash and vouchers in, plus credit cards etc which took about an hour to cancel!

But hey! noone was hurt and nothing was damaged and I got no anxiety.

Best wishes

Elaine x

Tracy68
02-03-05, 14:10
Well done Elaine you must feel proud of yourself for dealing with it so well.
Keep smiling
Take care
Tracy
x

kate
02-03-05, 14:54
Well done Elaine for coping so brilliantly!

Love Kate x

jill
02-03-05, 15:01
A big WLL DONE Elaine:D

LOVE JILLXXX

vernon
02-03-05, 15:02
hi lainey, Well done realy good that u Kept cool. But I realy hate it when people cant leave alone whats not theres. Take care Vernon

clickaway
02-03-05, 15:19
Lainey,

I think the fact that you didn't let the anxiety take over was far more important than what more the burgalars could have done.

Very well done.

Every happiness,

Ray

nomorepanic
02-03-05, 18:31
Elaine

Well done for coping so well. I would have been well p****d off if that happened to me.

Sorry you lost your birthday money too.

You did great for coping and you can even look on the positive side of things that you are ok and it was only a bag.

Nicola

seh1980
02-03-05, 19:35
Sorry about what happened but a big WELL DONE!! :D

sal
02-03-05, 23:32
Hi Elaine

Reading your post again i am well proud of how you coped. I know i said it about someone totally stress free not coping but its true.

How well you have handled this is brilliant and i have megga admiration for you not letting it get to you.

I know it will have upset you but not letting yourself get anxious, shows how well you are doing.

You deserve a bit well done mate.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

Karen
03-03-05, 01:37
You coped brilliantly Elaine. Well done.

It was an awful thing to happen and anyone would feel upset and annoyed.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

lainey
03-03-05, 09:31
Hi everyone

Many thanks for all your kind words.
If anything having this all happen seems to have made me feel a lot better.
Just hope I don't come down to earth with a bang.

Elaine x

sal
03-03-05, 09:51
Hi Elaine

Something good to come out of a horrible situation. You have proved you can cope with the going get tough. I bet it has given you lots of confidence. Well done. You can get your decluttering done now HA HA!!!!

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

lainey
03-03-05, 10:15
Ha Ha Sal!

My friend is coming to help me next week as she chucks everything out. I'll need to have a truck to go to a car booty !

Elaine x

sal
03-03-05, 12:55
Bit like me then, can hardly move in my garage for all the stuff for a car booty. Just makes me think all the time i have had a clean out i have taken in to the tip. Thrown away a few pound notes doing that!!!!

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

sal
03-03-05, 16:20
Hi Elaine

Never laid eyes on a duster all day LOL Went to my friends and all the gossip wore me out so have a couple of hours kip !!!!!

Hope you have had a more eventful day than mine.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

lainey
03-03-05, 22:29
Hi Sal

Worked this afternoon, then went to watch my daughter dancing to get through to the Urdd Eisteddfod, got home home at about 6 and then cooked tea and had a few glasses of wine. Feel great now, so I haven't done any dusting either and it feels great !!!!

Take care

Elaine x

sal
03-03-05, 22:32
Its amazing how when you have a glass of wine the dust disappears. must come with the bottle LOL

Pleased you had a good day.

Dust tomorrow??? I think not Ha ha

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

lainey
03-03-05, 22:43
Oh no!
Got to work tomorrow, perhaps the dust will disappear while I am out you never know.

Life is to short to dust, lol

Elaine x

sal
04-03-05, 23:54
Missed our crack today.

dust busting is totally illegal. Dusted, hoovered, moped etc and after 6 hours it looks as bad again. Children and dogs can only be to blame LOL
Sorry that was 6 hours since i did it, didnt spend more than 6 mins cleaning LOL

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

lainey
05-03-05, 00:57
Hi Sal

I still haven't cleaned, haven't been online much today as Iv'e been in work, so no dusting again. maybe I'll try tomorrow, lol.
Read your other post about your Mum, hope you are feeling better and that things won;t be too bad when your Mum comes home. I'm sure the anticipation is worse and it's making you feel more anxious, speak tomorrow.

Take care chuck
Lots of love
Elaine x

sal
05-03-05, 11:37
Hi Elaine

I know got myself into a right state about it. Just worrying about all the hassle that goes with it.

Plus really P***** of as got a letter from work todayand the wing i was supposed to be going, which was great and lads on there are brilliant, well i am not. The letter states as from 13th i am going on to D wing. Trust me its like the bronx and no staff want to work on there, so yet again ive been stitched up. Given me no inspiration to get signed on to go back to work.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

lainey
05-03-05, 11:52
Oh! Sal I'm so sorry, it seems to to be one thing after another doesn't it.
Can you appeal against the decision or do you have to go where they allocate you?
As you have had a lot of stress lately perhaps you should have some more time off work until you feel you can cope with the worry and the hassle.

Thinking of you

Take care

Elaine x

sal
05-03-05, 12:12
I will have to speak to a union rep on Monday. My new boss for B Wing had put a memo in asking if i could be put on their detail as soon as, but obviously that was totally ignored. The girl who printed one of my emails of and let to this investigation is destined for B Wing so obviously we dont want to work together, but again it is me that is moved and not her when she is always getting into trouble. She ob has something on someone.

Dave my mate at work is chairman of the union and he knew this would happen but said he will do something to appeal so will text him this afternoon.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

lainey
05-03-05, 12:16
At least you have someone to help and advise you which is good, the girl doesn' t sound very nice and it's typical that people like that always seem to land on their feet don't they.
I'd fight tooth and nail on this if it was me, might burn up a lot of adrenaline which is obviously swiming round your body at 100 miles an hour!

Take care

Elaine x

sal
05-03-05, 13:52
Hi Elaine

I wont go there quietly HA ha

But it still isnt the point, ive done loads of shifts on B Wing and she hasnt done any. Why do people like that always land on their feet. Her reading and printing out my email spread to a full investigation of a lot of staff. Mine was just slagging someone of and saying how corrupt the office was in a personal email, i know i shouldnt have done it but we all done. But she shouldnt have gone into my sent items and printed it out. So now we are all getting charged, and nothing has happened to her. But she is going to go down the lines of she finds it offensive. So offensive that a couple of weeks later when off sick she text me to see how i was, kept that and she invited me to a candle party at hers, kept that invitation aswell. We have to go before the governor with whoever we want to support us but i have called her so i can produce all this, plus 3 months ago she sent me an email with jokes on it and to a large group of people which is what the whole investigation went into, kept that too!!!

So she might be a little bit shocked.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

lainey
05-03-05, 16:48
Good on you Sal!

I hope you manage to nail her, not literally of course! lol
I'm always here if you want to chat about it mate, you always cheer me up with your posts, so if I can lend an ear you know where I am.

take care

Elaine x

P.S. Still haven't dusted, went to Sainsbury's instead for curry and wine ( it's more important ). lol.

sal
05-03-05, 18:10
Thanks Elaine, youve been a great mate already but i know where you are.

No i havent dusted either, did same as you and went and got pizza and wine. God life is far to short to dust. Twitch whenever i see that yellow material LOL

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

lainey
05-03-05, 18:49
Perhaps it might help tomorrow if I can find a blue duster!
lol.

You're a great mate too, have a good evening.
Cheers!!!!!

Elaine x

sal
05-03-05, 18:51
Get yourself a pink one!!!

Enjoy your wine and curry!!

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

lainey
06-03-05, 11:29
Might even go for a multi-striped one !!!
Got woken this morning by cooked breakfast in bed by my 9 yr old daughter, and a daffodil on the tray, bless her.
Have a lovely Mother's Day and try to chill out before tomorrow when your Mum comes home, if you lived closer you could come for Sun lunch, but I think Cardiff is a bit far !!!

Take care

Elaine x

sal
06-03-05, 12:43
Yeah a little bit too far!!!

Sam made me a banner across the wall in the living room and some toast using food colouring to write i love you on it, bless her.

Have a good mothers day yourself.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

sal
06-03-05, 17:25
Hi Elaine

Hope you have had a lovely chilled mothers day.

Speak soon.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

lainey
07-03-05, 08:41
Hi Sal

had a lovely Mother's Day, cooked for 8 and really enjoyed it as cooking chills me out!
Hope you had a lovely day

Speak later

Elaine x

Karen
07-03-05, 19:10
Hi Elaine

I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day. Cooking for 8 sounds like a lot of hard work but it is good that it helps you chill out!

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

sal
07-03-05, 19:12
Hi Elaine

Pleased you had a good day. You could have sent a food parcel out LOL

Sam seems a bit happier tonight, been to the doctors as she has cracked skin on her feet, so got some cream to rub on.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

lainey
07-03-05, 23:19
Thanks karen

It sounds quite sad really that cooking chills me out, but it just makes me forget about everything else especially if wine is included in the recipe, lol!

Hope you are feeling a little better

Take care

Elaine x

lainey
07-03-05, 23:21
Hi Sal

If I'd known your address I could have sent it express delivery !!

Glad Sam is feeling better, when you put the cream on her feet, make her wear socks for bed and it will help absorb the cream better, bit too late for tonight but try tomorrow.

You try and have a ME day tomorrow, you deserve it.

take care

Elaine x

sal
07-03-05, 23:24
Thanks Elaine

Put the cream on tonight twice and really made sure it soaked in. Did think about putting some cotton socks on but then she had an attitude problem and we had a few words. But will do that tomorrow night, thanks for that hon.

Hope you are ok.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

lainey
07-03-05, 23:31
Yep, I'm fine Sal, had chest pains on and off today but know it ws lovely Mr anxiety rearing his ugly head, kept burping all day too !!

Don't you just love it when they have an attitude problem, Alys has been the same tonight too ! Roll on 18 !!! lol.

Take care

I have replied to your other post too.

Elaine x

sal
07-03-05, 23:46
Sorry you have been feeling anxious today hon. Will pm you later with my mobile number so we can help each other through this teenage stage if ok with you.

Hope the chest pains have died down hon, here if you need to talk.

18 cant we push it too 16 LOL

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

sal
12-03-05, 00:40
Hi Elaine

Was great to talk to you tonight and thank you for calling me.

You have helped me loads and i hope i can do the same for you.

Will be in touch tomorrow.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

sal
13-03-05, 14:39
Hi Elaine

Hope you are having a nice relaxing sunday with the family.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

sal
13-03-05, 23:29
Hi Elaine

So pleased to here you have had a good day. Thanks for your sound and reassuring advice, it really helped me put it all in perspective.

Thanks so much and am i pleased wales beat scotland to see you smile LOL

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

lainey
14-03-05, 09:07
Hi Sal

You know where I am whenevr you feel down chuck!
All Wales need to do now is beat Ireland and I'll be on top of the world. Going into town next Saturday to watch the match in the pub, something me and hubby haven't done since before we had the children, can't wait.
All I have to do is organize childcare now, when the Irish come over Cardiff is brilliant such a lovely atmosphere.

Hope you have a chill out day

Take care

Elaine x

sal
14-03-05, 09:08
Hi Elaine

That is something for you to look forward to, a nice relaxing day with NO children LOL

Hope you are feeling okay.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

lainey
14-03-05, 09:10
Yes Sal, a child free day, I think that is what I'm looking forward to more than Wales beating Ireland !!!lol

Take care

Elaine x

sal
14-03-05, 12:28
I am sure it is. Ive got a child free weekend coming up as when i work on my weekend in John has Sam, not that she is too happy about going and did point out to me last night that im off work at the moment, but i said i had arranged to go away for the weekend. Think she could do been with her dad for a few days to sort her out!!!

Love Sal xx

lainey
14-03-05, 13:26
Hi Sal

recovered from your drooling!!!
Yes, I think it will do Sam and you good to have a break from each other.
You deserve it mate, I know how hard it is being on your own as until this last year John has worked away since Alys was 5 weeks old, just coming home at weekends.

Take care

Elaine x

Oceana9518
08-03-07, 16:00
Belated Happy Birthday and well done! Inspirational!