PDA

View Full Version : A phantom?

Bill
14-01-08, 03:37
Sorry this is a negative post but can anyone else relate to the Phantom in Phantom of the Opera? When I watch him he's like seeing all my negativity, hurts and pains from my past......but I do love the songs which I can also relate to....often also in a negative way though!

I just feel anxiety can make us feel alone and that we don't belong sometimes.

But to finish on a positive note because I don't like being depressing, I don't dwell on him. He's just a reminder to me to keep going forward to improve my life and not look back! :shades:

Gryphoenix
14-01-08, 18:09
Lol, I love the Phantom of the Opera, I even saw it live once! I would think that anxiety and panic itself is like the Phantom, luring us in with it's tempting song and trying to drag us down to it's lair. (And yes, the songs are amazing! I constantly listen to them.)

I actually relate to Batman from Batman Begins, if that makes any sense, the whole movie is about fear. Also how he overcame it. I often look back on it when I'm feeling down or afraid and seeing how my favorite superhero is still, actually, afraid of bats, but he doesn't let it stop him and turns it on it's head and uses it for good. He understands fear so that he can...well, scare other people, lol. :D Also I can completely relate to the fear toxin the villain uses to subdue people, it basically causes a panic attack in the victim. I tell myself sometimes during an attack--"Oh, this is just what it would feel like if I had been doused with Scarecrow's fear toxin." Sometimes that makes me amused enough to snap out of it.

There's even a scene where Batman (during his training years with the ninjas) took a dose of a mild form of that fear toxin and was forced to do this training exercise while completely afraid, and it's a great example about how you can keep your head on straight and complete your tasks even if your body wants you to run around in circles screaming.

Poor Rachel (the female lead) got a ride with Batman in his Batmobile but was freaking out during the entire thing cause she got a blast full of that fear toxin.

I'd forget about panicking and be like "SWEET!" Lol!