PDA

View Full Version : soooo paronoid about heath

beckyboo
14-01-08, 14:08
Hi everyone quite new to this site but I think im suffering from severe health anxiety, I smoked cannabis for about five yrs im only 21, but ive given up in the last year. Ever since i have had paranoia about my health, often i feel as if my heart is going to collapse, i sometime gets pains over my heart, then sometimes i feel as if ive got lung cancer. Also my throat feels tight alot of the time and i sometimes feel like my tongue is swollen. I also get restless feet i jus cant stop moving them! Ive jus started on citalopram and propranolol but my anxiety seems to have got even worse, ive only been taking thm for a week. I smoke cigarettes now and then maybe 2 - 3 a day but i jus cant help feeling that im going to die of a heart attack even when im not having a panic attack. Hope you dont think im crazy i jus cant seem to get rid of the butterflies i have most of the time in my belly because of my health. hope to get some encouraging replies From becky!!!!!!!!! By the way does anyone know if cigarettes can make anxiety worse?:)

cassi23
14-01-08, 14:14
Hi Becky,

I have the same problem as you. Even when im not having a panick attack i feel as though my heart is going to collapse/stop/do something that means i will die and this has resulted in me feeling unwell since november.

I try to distract myself and not allow myself to get too stressed! Even when i don't feel physical symptoms im still wondering when im going to, vicious circle hey.
I also get the tight throat, pains in chest randomly. Its all anxiety. Try not to worry or focus on it and hopefully the feelings will subside!

best wishes
cassi xxx

Johnalexander20
14-01-08, 14:16
Hi becky, My anxiety is based on the same problem, worring(Especially about my heart). What to do is go see your GP and get checked out if you have not already done this just to be on the safe side.

I was given a really usefull document http://www.stresscure.com/relation/worry.html

have good read of this and digest it, really helped for me.
Good luck

beckyboo
14-01-08, 14:42
Thanks for the advice, have had an ECG and been to the doctors and a&e several times, nothing wrong found but it can still be hard to believe when the physical feeling is so strong, i know that im probably not going to die of an illness any time soon but it can be very hard to rationalise this in your mind when you are getting horrible :weep: physical symptoms

Alisonj
14-01-08, 15:46
Oh Becky I am so sorry you are going through all of this. This is a great place to get advice, talk things out etc. There are many of us that have the same feelings as you and talking about it can really help.
The fact that the doctors havent found anythig wrong is a really good thing even though I am sure it is hard to believe them. I doubt my doctors as well but I am trying to look at the fact that so far they have been right so maybe I need to put alittle faith in them.
Stick around cause I am sure you will find this a great place to be!

JayJay88
14-01-08, 15:50
Hey
I am also new and have the same thing. In the sense of not needing a panic attack to feel symptoms. I'm always feeling strange sensations and stress headaches even without experiencing a panic attack.

Alisonj
14-01-08, 15:59
Hi and Welcome JayJay. I often tell my doctor that I "am serious that something is wrong" because I dont feel anxious at the time but still dont feel well. I have no idea if its just something that stays with us or what. All I know is it sucks and is very hard to deal with!

beckyboo
14-01-08, 16:39
ever since ive been on medication i havent had any panic attacks jus really scary symptoms that come on everyday but mainly in the morning and at night, but with the citalopram often anxiety is heightened for the first few weeks so im hoping all this will go soon! Im going for cbt also as i dont think the medication will get to the root of the problem, i might try some other things such as yoga or acupuncture as ive heard this can help with anxiety too

poppet
11-04-08, 22:40
Beckyboo...
How was it coming off the cannabis?...I smoke day and night night and day and have for 10 years...i'm 25...i really want to quit..but its my life...my support. It softens the lined of everything around me...kinda sedates me.
Wanted to get any advice...from you or anyone that can help...on how to stop and what to expect..Its been a massive part of my life for so long.
I hope the side effects are a little better for you now.....I still can not find the gutts to open my packet of Citalopram and start the course.
Im such a fassy!