PDA

View Full Version : New anxious member

JaneS
14-01-08, 16:48
Hi there
Have just registered with the site so am very new to the posting bit and quite nervous about typing my message.
Have visited the site quite a bit recently and read many messages - loads of which are so encouraging. Its amazing how many people feel like me with constant health anxieties etc. Not sure where my anxiety comes from - may be because I have had kidney damage in the distant past (all stable now), may be because I lost my mother to cancer - don't know but it does rule my life. Spent most of last year having investigations to check kidneys all OK - turned out fine, then had to be referred to breast clinic as the doctor found some thickening (major panic), turned out fine, now am having pains under right rib and indigestion - waiting for appointment next Wednesday with Gastorentorolgist (can't spell it) and am really worried. Had similar symptons 18 months ago and scan turned out to be fine - pain disappeared instantly! What I fear most is having to have an endoscopy (if that is suggested by consultant) am having nightmares already at night about it and can't sleep with worry. This doesn't help the pain and I also get my lump in my throat the more I worry. Had to have that investigated at ENT clinic - turned out ok and was given Lanzaprazole. Can't think beyond next week now and my appointment.

ceecee
14-01-08, 17:48
hi jane
and a big welcome to you!
i know how horrible this health anxiety is and how it can sometimes take over your thoughts
just thought i,d let you know your certainly not alone hun

Johnalexander20
14-01-08, 18:00
Def not alone, Good luck with the tests.

My mum has had an endoscopy and said it was a walk in the park, she was in full panic mode before hand.

take care

chalky
15-01-08, 00:10
Hi Jane,

Welcome to NMP.

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will find loads of support and advice available here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

manmoor
15-01-08, 08:25
Hi Jane,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

JaneS
15-01-08, 10:53
Thanks to all of you for your warm welcome - much appreciated.