PDA

View Full Version : citalopram

tracyp584
03-03-05, 13:12
hey everyone, I have looked through all other messages, but just have a question. Is it best to take tablet morning or afternoon? I had my first 20mg last night and woke up feeling so sick and kind of hungover. Also, like others feel anxious today, but a diff kind of anxious. Does the first tablet start affecting you this quick, or am i over analysing again??!!

tracy x x

sal
03-03-05, 13:53
Hi Tracy

They say it takes time to get into your system to work, but i suffered side affects as soon as i started taking it, so i reduced the dose to 5mg and gradually built up to 20 mg over a couple of weeks and the side affects were minimal. Who knows it could be in our minds, as anxiety can do strange things and just thinking about the tablets could made me anxious and bring on a panic attack. But all i can say now looking back is i am glad i persevered as they have helped me loads.

I was advised by the doctor to take my tablets in the morning and had no problems with that.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

razocaine_07
03-03-05, 16:24
now then tracy,

the medications that i have been on have all said on the leaflet you get with them, that they should be taken on the morning either before or after breakfast. I found that if i waited until the afternoon to take them, they didnt start working until on the evening.

seh1980
03-03-05, 17:30
hi Tracy,

I always took mine in the morning AFTER food. They worked fine for me..

Sarah :D

Tracy68
03-03-05, 17:32
Hiya
Not been on citalopram but on others and as Raz said my instructions also said that you were to take them in the morning with or after food.
Take care
Tracy
x

sal
03-03-05, 17:44
Hope they start to kick in and the side affects lessen.

Take care.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

tracyp584
05-03-05, 14:25
thanks everyone,
I have to say it is awful, i feel worse and more panicked than i did before i started taking them. I feel like i'm having a bigger setback being on them. I seem to have moments where i am in a dream.

If that makes sense?

tracy x x

sal
05-03-05, 14:47
Hi Tracy

How you are feeling is completely normal when you first start taking them, it is horrible as you seem to feel worse, but after a couple of weeks you will pick up and the side effects lessen every day.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

mumof4
05-03-05, 15:08
the doctor gave me them just a 10mg but i never took one they are still sitting in the cuboard.

I am doing much better i dont need them.

sandy
11-03-05, 12:23
i've just started takeing citalapram two weeks ago, the side affects have been awful, more panicky and dizzy also feeling sick, hope it gets better soon sandy

tattybear
13-03-05, 12:35
Hi

i was on citalopram.the side effects were horrible and my mood didnt change much until after about 3 weeks..hang on it it will get better.

Im now on matazipan (zispin) which also helps me with sleeping.

Tatty B xx

tracyp584
13-03-05, 22:23
Thanks everyone!

Have been on them almost 2 weeks, and am glad to say side effects seem to be going, other than dry mouth. But the only thing is, is that i feel like i did before i started taking them- if that makes sense. So at least the side effects are going, but now i just want my mood to change! I am ever the impatient!! I just keep focussing on the fact that sooooon i will start to feel a bit better!!

take care,

tracy x x

sal
13-03-05, 23:46
Hi Tracy

Pleased the side affects have died down all we need now is for you to feel better. Give it another week or so and see how you feel and hopefully by them they will be giving you the benefit they have others.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.