PDA

View Full Version : can any one recommend a good book

jasongti
15-01-08, 11:13
just as above really can any one recommend me a good CBT or self help book for panic disorder

thanks

lorac
15-01-08, 12:39
The book I would recommend would be Claire Weekes Self Help for your Nerves it really helped me to get my life back together.

Carol

sandbanks
15-01-08, 12:55
HI
ON SITE LAST NIGHT I FOUND A THREAD RECOMMENDING THIS SITE,
http://www.controllinganxiety.com/dsp_downloads.php
IS BRILL IT WORKD ON CLAIR WEEKS BUT IS BY A GUY WHO EXPLAINS HOW HE OVER COME PANIC AND ANXIEY WITH CLAIR WEEKS, ONLY LISTEND TO A FEW YET (ITS DOWN LOADS) BUT IT WAS SO REAL. CAN WAIT TO LISTEN TO REST, WILL LATER ON TODAY.
HOPE ITS OF SOME HELP

SANDY

Trev
15-01-08, 13:19
I'd go with Claire Weekes as an excellent starting point.

t0rt01se36
15-01-08, 13:22
I've got a very helpful book about Panic attacks by the Author Christine Bingham, I think she's called.

Allye
15-01-08, 13:55
Claire Weeks for me - I find her very reassuring

jasongti
15-01-08, 17:30
the thing is i dont suffer general anxiety or panic attacks. Mine happen in episodes every 6-8 months during that period i have hardly no anxiety or panic or anything and am full of confidence etc thats why i probably need a CBT style book maybe? or what would you guys suggest

louwilliams
16-01-08, 09:20
Ive read claire weekes "self help for your nerves" and "essential help for your nerves"

These have helped me understand my illness so much better as well as helping me find ways to try and make my dealings with it a little easier.

Her books are great reading

Lou xx

sagey
16-01-08, 21:33
I've got a book call "CBT workbook for dummies" by Rob Wilson . I haven't got very far with it yet but it is an easy read style and not heavy-going. If you look on amazon there is a see inside facility to get an idea of the content.

Trev
16-01-08, 22:53
Panic Attacks by Christine Ingham is a very good book I think as ju ann 30 also said.

nomorepanic
16-01-08, 23:34
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=reading

Eva May
17-01-08, 10:23
Mastery of your panic attacks and anxiety. It's on amazon.com. It's a workbook for cognitive therapy. I'm doing it at the moment. I've just started it but so far so good, I haven't thrown it down in frustration! It explains your physical symptoms, talks about meds. You have to record your daily moods, daily anxiety levels and any panic attacks you have. I have just started the chapter where I make a list of all my fearful situations and rate them. Next will be facing them (can't wait!):unsure: Anyway I thought it would be as helpful as a therapist and definitely cheaper

Yvonne
17-01-08, 18:10
Don't Panic - Reid Wilson
Panic Attacks - Dr Roger Baker