PDA

View Full Version : PERIODS

sandbanks
15-01-08, 13:16
BEEN TAKING CITALOPRAM FOR 8 DAYS NOW AND WAS STARTING TO FEEL BETTER, BUT WOKE UP THIS MORNING AND PERIOD STARTED, I HAVE BEEN ON DEPO CONTRCEPTIVE INJECTION FOR 2 YEARS NOW AND ONLY NOW AND AGAIN GET BREAK THOUGH BLEED, IS THIS A SIDE EFFECT OF CITALOPRAM, FEELING REALLY CRAP AT MIN AND DONT WONT TO LOOK AND LEAFLET BECAUSE MIND WILL START DOING OVERTIME!!!

MY SISTER WAS HAVE BAD TIME AND HER DOC GAVE HER ANTI DEPRESSANTS BUT MADE HER FEEL SPACED OUT AND SHE WORKS AND HAS TO DRIVE EVERY DAY SO STOPPED TAKING THEM, BUT WHEN SHE WENT TO DOCTORS TO HAVE HER INJECTION, DOC SAID SHE SHOULD COME OF INJECTION FOR A WHILE BECAUSE BEEN TAKING IT FOR 5 YEARS, THAT WAS 4 WEEKS AGO, AND SHE SAID SHE FEELS SO MUCH BETTER, SO SHE THINKS IT MIGHT OF BEEN INJECTION. ANY ONE HAD THIS AND ABOVE WOULD BE GREAT TO HEAR ANY ADVICE. NOT HAVING A GOOD DAY.

THANKS SANDY:blush: :blush:

celia davies
15-01-08, 21:57
yes wen taking citalopram you can bleed and also have longer heavier periods well thats what it says in the leaflet u can get alot of symtoms taking these tablets most of them when you first start taking the medication but these should pass with time,whatever you do dont just stop taking your meds consult your doctor first x hope this helps x

sandbanks
16-01-08, 00:31
Thanks celia
will keep up with med, because already starting to feel better, just could do with out the added hassle of periods back!!!!

SANDY

Allye
16-01-08, 11:55
I have been on Citolopram for 3 weeks now 10 mg for 2 weeks, rising to 20mg from this weekend and my period arrived today. I have had the most terrible pms and anxiety symptoms. I am really upset as I starting to feel a bit better in myself until today. Now I feel really hysterical and shaky as well as having a really bad headache, dizzyyness etc. To make it worse you cannot take Ibuprofen with these can you and paracetomol usually does not work with me. To add misery onto this I really cannot take any days off sick from work as they are getting funny about the time I took off last year. Great

joy
16-01-08, 13:30
Think its ok to take Ibuprofen with citalopram but you could ring a chemist and ask them

Joy