PDA

View Full Version : Headache and stiffness = panic

adventvista
15-01-08, 12:38
Been on medication citalopram for awhile and just upped it to 20mg from being on 10 for ages. second day im on it and i forget to take it until the afternoon. now suddenly after having suffered no panic attacks or problems for weeks they started now with me worrying about my head.
at first it just felt like my head was swelling out at the sides but then I got a stiff neck and numb jaw along with a headache on the same side as everything else thats wrong. and have now convinced myself there is something wrong with me.
can anyone help.

Allye
15-01-08, 13:54
Hi

I have just increased my dosage from 10mg to 20 mg. I have developed a twitch in my left eye, a very stiff neck and tremors in both hands when I try to relax. Oh and my face feels quick puffy and tingly. I have not missed a dose but did switch from evening to morning as I found they were keeping me awake. I like you have been stressing (thinking I have MS Parkinsons or similar) and really frightening myself over the last couple of days. My rational CBT thoughts I am trying to maintain it is just temporary side effects coupled with that hormonal time of the month for me which always sends me a bit do dally for a couple of days. I did also read somewhere that you should not take too many Ibuprofen or Aspirin with these but probably best to verify that with your doctor.

Hope we are both feeling much better soon!

TINYNUT55
25-04-09, 05:38
Hi there I too was on 10mg Citalopram and then it got increased to 20mg and before I KNEW IT I was prescribed 60mg per day as a result I ended up in hospital with total spasama all over my body was totally rigid the results were that I should never have been given such a high dose with PD

tinynut