PDA

View Full Version : Finding it hard to keep the faith

joy
15-01-08, 12:49
I am fast approaching my 4th week on sertraline and apart from the odd good day nothing seems to be happening. I still feel awfully anxious and shaky. At present on 100mg. I have spent two years on various meds waiting for them to work and they havent so Sertraline was almost my final chance. Do you think theres just a chance they may start to work or shall I give up hope now before I see the shrink tomorrow

Joy

sandbanks
15-01-08, 13:04
Hi Joy

Stick With It, I Am On Citalopram ,Only On Day 8 But Starting To Feel Better, Until To Day Period Come, But That Another Story.
My Freind Was Taking Citalopram 3 Week But Didnt Work For Her Just Sleepy All Time, So She Went Back To Doctors And He But HeR On Sertraline 50mg (i Think) And A Week Later Said She Felt Brill, It Can Take About 4 Weeks To Kick In And She Thinks The 3 Weeks On Citalopram Must Of Help To. She Seems Good Has Her Bad Days But Most Good, But I Dont Think Thats Meds, ThatS Just Live, CanT Be Happy Every Day Can We!!

SANDY:yesyes:

lesleyB
16-01-08, 14:52
Keep taking them Joy took me about 6 weeks to feel better but you know that, try not to lose faith just yet just tell yourself it will get better.You may need a higher dose?:hugs:
Lesleyb

joy
16-01-08, 16:29
Just seen the shrink and he said if things havent improved in another 4 weeks, making it 8 weeks in total he will increase the dose

Joy

lesleyB
16-01-08, 17:51
Thats good news Joy at least they are keeping an eye on you.:yesyes:
Lesleyb

joy
16-01-08, 17:54
Just wish it would work soon i know i'm impatient but when others havent worked its hard to believe this will

JOY