PDA

View Full Version : bit of advice and support please

doddy
03-03-05, 17:17
hello there all,

its been a while since i posted on here as pretty much most of the time ive been feeling almost back to normal.

however i did have quite a bad panic attack today, started off as soon as i woke up, start with thoughts about how tired i felt that moved onto how can i carry on like this and then onto is a life like this worht having, a horrendous thought i know but i know i wont be judged here.

But heres my dilema, after about three hours of these deperate thoughts I feel fine again, not really worrying at all now, except i begin to think bi polar, is that me!!! i knida know its not as its the worry that gets me down and when not worrying im quite a happy chappy.

its been a hard week as my wife had a seizure friday mronignand has been diagionsed as having elilepsy, she handling it far better than i would!!! lol. but i did witness the attack which was only i can describe as horrendous and of course i have then looked at all the sites it the world on epilespy which talk about brain disorders and so on and so forth........

im sure without the internet and me scaring myself id be fine!!! bad habit and i must stop!!

at the docs tommorow, as always after an attack, to discuss medication though now i feel ok but this morning id of taken anything.!!!

sorry to drown on but i just need a lift today and any help would be appreciated.

take care you special people.

love
doddy

sal
03-03-05, 17:20
Hi Doddy

You have been doing really well and this is only a blip. You have a lot of pressure on you at the moment with your wife and it has to come out somewhere. Are you making sure you have some me time. I know your wife will need all your support and you will worried about her, but maybe that attack was a quiet warning that you also need to look after yourself.

Hope it goes okay at the doctors and pleased to hear you are feeling a bit better.

Take care.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

Meg
03-03-05, 17:30
Good to talk to you earlier - let me know what you decide ..

Meg

vernon
03-03-05, 18:32
Hi dod. sorry to hear about your setback, and you are right about reading up on the net I do it so much and a little problem ends up as a life frettening illness lol. then this makes worry then more anxiety? but as you said its reading the internet, but before the internet i found I was going to all the librarys and reading up on Illnesses so we cant realy win. But after my last trouble with my tummy I was realy ill (as i thought) Doctor said my calcium was raised and might be bowel cancer so she sent me to gastrologist, who sent me for lots of tests, which took months of real worry. I had chest xrays. barium enema. sygmoidoscopy and blood tests. and after all these tests I found all i had was IBS that is made worst by anxiety anyway. So I have now learned not to read up on things we realy dont know to much about all it does is scare us and make things much worst. My doc said if i have to read up, only read NHS direct or even phone them as lots of medical sites can be writen by just anyone. lol did any of that make any sense. take care. Vernon

Karen
03-03-05, 18:44
Hi Doddy

Sorry to hear you've had a bad day. As others have said this is a blip. You have been doing well and can get over this.

I think anyone would feel anxious and worry after witnessing someone have an epileptic seizure. At least she has now been diagnosed and can get the right treatment.

I hope you are feeling a bit better.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

jill
03-03-05, 19:40
Hi Doddy

It was good news to read that most of the time you have been feeling almost back to normal. WELL DONE.
I do think that seeing your wife go through a fit has triggered your attack. and looking on the internet. not the thing to do.
My friend suffered fits and I've seen her go through this and it is horendous. The good news is that most fits can be controld with meds.
My friend is on meds and has not had a fit for a long time, she is now learning to drive.
Your thoughts and feelings are all part of anxiaty.
You have made such progress doddy please see this as a blip and you WILL soon be back to feeling almost normal again.

TAKE CARE LOVE JILLXXX

Don't dwell on what went wrong instead,
focus on what to do next.
Spend your energies on moving forward.

nomorepanic
03-03-05, 20:07
Hiya Doddy

Long time no see - good to have you back again.

Sorry about all that has gone on at the moment and I am sure it would test even a perfectly healthy person.

Don't be hard on yourself ok - you have done so well and you can get back on top again.

Big hug to you.
x

Nicola

doddy
03-03-05, 23:31
just a quick note to thank you all for your kind words, a nice bunch of people would be hard to find. I think what is amazingly interesting and perhaps something id forgotton, well i know i had, but how normal some of the symptons i get are to what is just worry. feeling of deporsonalization, the floaters in the eyes, the wirling thoughts, the emotional thoughts and so on. but it just worry and it does pass. sometimes i become so exitied and the thought of just sitting in the garden, sun shinig with a nice glass of wine and no panic...........and i will not rest until i get there.

all we need to do is remmeber that its just worry, nothing more nothing less............just worries.

thanks all.

love ya.

doddy

sal
04-03-05, 08:52
Hi Doddy

You will get there hon.

Take care.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx