PDA

View Full Version : So Worried About Death! please help

eaglepride52
16-01-08, 04:55
Hello, I am 19 and have been having severe health anxiety since leaving the hospital 7 weeks ago. I have a low heart rate while sleeping and I am convinced I am going to die in my sleep. Can someone please help? I have been given a clean bill of health but I will have random aches and pains as well as the low heart rate, and the fear of a sudden death. I am going to CBT and it is helping but I need to express my thoughts here as well. To anyone who reads this may your troubles fade away and may your mind be put at ease

Neilr1978
16-01-08, 08:35
Hello, I am 19 and have been having severe health anxiety since leaving the hospital 7 weeks ago. I have a low heart rate while sleeping and I am convinced I am going to die in my sleep. Can someone please help? I have been given a clean bill of health but I will have random aches and pains as well as the low heart rate, and the fear of a sudden death. I am going to CBT and it is helping but I need to express my thoughts here as well. To anyone who reads this may your troubles fade away and may your mind be put at ease

HI eagle if the doctors have given you a clean bill of health your gonna be FINE try not to worry(i know its easier said than done to us lot with health anxiety lol).And everyones heart slows down during the night, also some people have a low heart rate ALL of the time and its normal for them.The general aches and pains your getting is your muscles getting tight through anxiety and stressing about it all, i get bad pains in my chest.back,neck, etc through the same thing.I too have a terrible fear of death and i take each day at a time trying not to think about it.I think its a good idea to speak to someone about your fear as it does help.I tried to be all macho and deal with it myself and it only made things worse.Trust me eagle your gonna be fine,somestimes it comes down to just trusting what the doc's say(yes i know that not easy too lol).

lesleyB
16-01-08, 14:41
Trust the docs Eagle you'll be ok.:yesyes:
Lesleyb

vernon
16-01-08, 15:02
Hi eagle as said above u will be fine it’s very common to have fears about death especially when u suffers anxieties. I have had these worries like you now for over 40 years and am still here, aches, pains tests and all sorts. Think positive and keep telling yourself u will be fine and you are in good health, it’s helped me. Don’t waste years of your life worrying about what will most likely never happen. Also remember a slow heart rate is usually healthier than a fast one. Take Care. Vernon