PDA

View Full Version : exercise

louwilliams
16-01-08, 09:34
Hi

Now, I'm not really a fan of exercising. Don't get me wrong...i'm all for being healthy and losing weight but if it has anything to do with eating less or exercising then i'm not interested!! :lac:

Joking aside, I suffer from a very fast heart rate, which is probably due to the GAD, health anx and panic attacks. I would like to do some form of exercise but am terrified that if i do, my heart rate will go through the roof, which in turn will start a panic attack, so it is avoided at all costs (well thats my excuse anyway)

BUT, as I myself, as well as others i'm sure, have fast heart rates, is this doing the same to our heart as an aerobic workout??? If you think about it, everyone recommends doing "cardi-vascular exercise" to strengthen your heart, but arent i doing this everyday???

Probably a bit of a pointless thread but it would be nice to know that i have a strong heart (and would strengthen my case for not exercising lol)

I dunno

Thanks anyway lol :yesyes:

Lou xxxxxx

Dying_Swan
16-01-08, 09:38
Hey Lou.

Yea I've often wondered that myself! I don't know to be honest, but I don't think a fast heart rate would constitute an aerobic workout :winks:

How about swimming? You can go totally at your own pace and you'll barely even notice a change in heart rate.

Sorry I can't be of more help - I really don't know. It's a a good question though.

xxx :flowers:

sandramick
16-01-08, 09:38
hi i use that excuse too . if i exercise my heart beats even faster then i really panic even going for a walk can do it . my counciler tells me to exercise will make me feel betta . yeah HOW :wacko: .

celia davies
16-01-08, 11:12
Ive also got a fast heart rate an now go the gym 3 times a week its great when you exercise after a chemical is released in2 your brain an it makes you feel great i would really recommend exercise as it is really good 4 you an is the best thibg 4 your heart x

SANDYJANE
16-01-08, 15:27
yes sandramick , my cpn nurse tells me that 2 about feeling better, but my body dont think so lol,

love Sandyjane xxx

flinty90
16-01-08, 17:08
well just because your anxoius and your heart rate is fast at rest it doesnt mean that it will be any faster than it would normally if you take a run or some excersice , in fact your doctor is right it will innevitably bring down your resting heart rate after you get into the excersise, go do some you will feel loads better trust me..

your body will be tired a lot faster than your heart will i know that for a fact.