PDA

View Full Version : hey, i`m new

Deadgirl
16-01-08, 13:49
Hey everyone, I just came accross this site when i was looking up something i experienced this morning, mostly likely nothing but i thought it a really good site, so i decided ill join, and see if i can help, or get help etc
I spose i should start with some info about myself, so here we go..

I am 21, but no stranger to anxiety, i have have it since i was very young, when i was a kid, my parents put it down to a nervous disposition, i was terrified of the dark until the age of 14, then out of the blue i prefered it, I had my first very serious panic attack at the age of 16, which involved me going to the hospital strapped to a heart monitor, they could not calm me down and even the paramedics thought i was having a heart attack, after a few hours they calmed me down and iwas told to visit my GP, so i did.
I was diagnosed with severe panic disorder and clinical depression, as i also self harm and have had suicidal thoughts in the past. I was put on beta blockers but they didnt work, so i was put on anti-depressants and given councelling. The councelling didnt work, they couldnt pin point it to anything particular, ive had bad past, but i was told it was mostly an illness for me. So the councelling stopped, i am to this day still on anti-depressants, but am still very anxious and depressed, though less, i am happy and open about it, i can talk about it, i try to explain it to people in a sense where they realise it is an illness and you cannot just snap out of it, i get almost every symptom under the sun lol, also i have turned to alchohol to block the moods but i find , even though i enjoy getting wasted on a night out, it does make depression and insomnia worse. i have more but this is getting waaay to long lol so baisically, hi everyone.

Rach xxx

chalky
16-01-08, 13:56
Hi Rach,

Welcome to NMP!!

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

ladygrom
16-01-08, 13:56
hi and welcome to nmp youl find great info on this site plus meet new friends we all understand your not alone tc elaine xxxx

Deadgirl
16-01-08, 13:59
thanks, i wish id known about this place along time ago

Lilith1980
16-01-08, 14:23
Hi Rach

Welcome to NMP hun :)

xxxxx

manmoor
16-01-08, 15:30
Hi Rach,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Lindalou64
16-01-08, 15:46
Hello Rach And Welcome To The Site..wish Ya Well......linda

SANDYJANE
16-01-08, 19:34
hi and a big warm welcome,

love sandyjanexxx

fairycake
16-01-08, 20:20
hiya and welcome hun :)

trac67
16-01-08, 20:44
Hi Rach,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

Sandra69
16-01-08, 20:51
Hi,
Thank you for letting me join your forum, I am female, aged 38.:D

Nibbles
17-01-08, 20:49
Hi Rach and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

A warm :welcome: to Sandra too.

Take care,

Mike :)

groovygranny
17-01-08, 22:33
Hello Rach :welcome: to you!

and Sandra :welcome: to you too!

Glad you joined us - loads of info and persoanl stories on the left hand side of this page. Worth having a look through.

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

nomorepanic
19-01-08, 17:39
Hi Rach

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.