PDA

View Full Version : Lyrica / Pregabalin for Fibromyalgia

Meg
17-01-08, 17:49
Now that this drug has been licenced in Europe for about a year and in the USA for 6 months I was wondering how many people with fibromyalgia have actually had it prescribed and how much it has helped them.

I've just been trying to help someone with persistant and resistant Fibro and wondered whether it was worth gathering up the data to have the argument with their GP.

Personal accounts are often worth more than research data.

Many thanks

nomorepanic
18-01-08, 19:43
Meg

You could try and contact April Tones (remember her) as she may know about it as she suffered didn't she?

Her website was

http://apriltones.proboards54.com

Meg
18-01-08, 20:15
Hi Nic,

Thanks for reminding me about April tones. I'll do that.

It is my overall impression that although this drug is fully licensed and has been in Europe for about a year, noone is actually being prescribing it and I can't get to the bottom of whether it's too ineffective, too expensive or simply unknown !!

Meg xxx

nomorepanic
18-01-08, 21:09
If you want I can mail her and ask her to contact you if she has any info?

GodisLove
01-01-12, 18:15
I have been prescribed pregabilin following a diagnosis of fibromyalgia earlier this year, it has been very good for me physically, less so mentally as I feel like my head is full of cotton wool, BUT I have to say it is worth it - the difference to my levels of pain is quite amazing. I take 300mg a day, but if I have a severe flare-up, then I double the dose temporarily. It was such a relief for me to get a diagnosis and treatment - but I feel I need more information about what are symptoms of fibromyalgia and what are side-effects of the drugs. I also take co-codamol and anti-inflammatories. Good luck with your survey :)