PDA

View Full Version : British Airways crash world news

sarajane
18-01-08, 05:24
This is Huge - Major Headline on Australian News this morning
'British Airways crash - Friday January 18, 2008
A British Airways passenger jet has crash landed short of the runway at Heathrow airport, skidding to a halt on its belly, before emergency chutes deployed.'

I woke up this morning to this blasted across every one of our TV stations.

You guys were lucky that it didn't turn out worse. If that plane had come down a bit earlier, god knows what would have happened.

It's when things like this happen that we all have to remember, we really don't have any control over when our lives will be taken from us.

Live for the moment

SJ

domino
18-01-08, 07:00
Yes it makes you take stock of what you do have , and that "you just do,nt know" but listening to the interveiws of eye whitnesses, yes it could have been much worse but it was,nt thank god, i agree we should all live for the moment, and that we can not be in control of everything. but i wish that we could loose the phrase "what if, if only.It happened and yes noone was seriously hurt , and in time we will hopefully find out what caused the plane to make an emergency landing, but that now is "old news" today is another day and we should live it to the full.

mirry
18-01-08, 09:14
the man who lives across the road to me , waked up in the night at 4.30am and went to the bathroom , he collapsed and died there in the bathroom aged 48 years old. Its really upseting and does make you feel guilty for not living life to the full.(This happened a few days ago).

Pink Panic
18-01-08, 10:07
Last week the nurse at my local docs practice was driving her 2 girls aged 7 and 10 to school. Unfortunately the car skidded on some thing on the road and the 3 of them were killed outright. It's now been found that some lubricant was spilt and they are trying to identify where it came from.
I can't imagine how her husband can begin to deal with the grief of this.

It's certainly made me take stock of my life.

Dying_Swan
18-01-08, 16:21
Pink Panic - that's terrible. What a huge shock. Life is not fair sometimes.

Yes things can be terrifying. These incidents certainly force you to put things into perspective. Thank God all the passengers on the plane survived - it's incredible when you think of it. Personally, I would never get on a plane again. It already takes alcohol and tranquilizers to get me on board.

3 years ago, I'd fallen out with my flatmate. It had been bad between her and the rest of us for months. About 2 weeks before Christmas, we had a big talk and sorted out our differences. The next 2 weeks were lovely, and we had a big Christmas Party and loads of fun. We went home from Uni for Christmas.
On Christmas Eve, she collapsed, and the Ventilator was turned off on 27th December. She was 22. New Year's Day I watched her being buried, and a few days later we had to bury my stepmother who had died suddenly that Christmas too.

It was horrendous, but it was one of those things that truly makes you realise you have to live for the day, like everyone else has said. Shauna never smoked, never took drugs, didn't drive, didn't really do anything to put her at risk. She died from a minor illness that went very wrong. You can just never tell.

Live life to the full folks

xxx

Lindalou64
18-01-08, 16:55
oh sparky im so sorry to hear this hun .yes we never know do we live today like its ya last....love one another life is too short for hate.................love ya loads ......linda xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dying_Swan
18-01-08, 19:12
My God.

I've just been reading all about the plane crash. It sounds like it's an absolute miracle no-one was killed.

Blimey - scary stuff :ohmy:

Phill2
19-01-08, 05:45
We saw it here in Australia too.
Now you know why I don't fly
Phill :shades:

Granny Primark
19-01-08, 21:47
Mirry that is so true.
my aunt felt ill and went to bed and died of a stroke age 25.
Lifes a gift. Enjoy every moment. And always be sure to mend any broken relationships a.s.a.p
When you lose a loved one regrets are inevitable. But always make sure the people you love know theyre loved by you.

Take care
LYNN xx

alexis
20-01-08, 01:10
I heard this, and immediatley panicked as my daughter is flying tomorow and I am going in March, I too have to have Valium and alcohol, and are still not calm, but all the time I think about how many planes fly each day and how many have accidents, we do need to put things into perspective, I lost a friend at a very young age, leaving small children behind. Live for today, easier said than done sometimes.xx